Universal Castle Battles : Strategy but FAST (by Light Arc Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BlackEyedGamer, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Light Arc Studio

Apr 21, 2017
    @BlueTrin
    Glad you made it through the level on your next attempt. If anyone else experiences the same error, do let us know.

And thanks for the Castle Battles recommendation! It means a great deal to us (especially if you review it on the store page). Which ending did you go with:
    Into the Jaws of Chaos/Happy Ending
    , or
    Long Live The Purple King
    ?

2. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    I don't get the final level with the big red head...seems unwinnable.

3. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    try to attack the head with soldiers when it is on the ground

4. Havelcek

Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    The issue that I'm having is that when I attack the head all of my soldiers wipe on him and the ones he dropped just steamroll -
    he's dropping soldiers at three times the pace that I'm generating them. Are you rushing buildings at the same time?

5. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Lol u will get it.. It's easy I was in the same situation as u. juat a hint rush your buildings.
    Anyway I deleted the game already.. As the rest of the campaigns need to pay to unlock. It was fun.

6. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    #46 BlueTrin, May 1, 2017
    Last edited: May 1, 2017
    So my strategy is just to steal red castles first.
    Once you have enough red castles you can fight the head.

You should build non stop castles at the beginning to take the cluster of resources. This will help you to outproduce the head.

At the beginning just steal back your castles if the enemy steal them.

Also you should prioritise the red castles with gold resources to deprive them of gold (in the case they build any)

7. Havelcek

Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    I'll try that all - thanks BlueTrin

8. MonkeyChunks

MonkeyChunks Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Check out Light Arc Studio's other apps. They have a very interesting app that looks like it's for dentists and it shows real teeth and uses correct medical terminology. Pretend to be a dentist. Lol

9. Light Arc Studio

Apr 21, 2017
    So far the professional and consumer reviews out for Castle Battles are looking highly positive! Thanks to everyone who has reviewed the game.

The current issue is that we're not very well known, so downloads are currently low. Anyone have ideas on new ways we can get our name out there? People are enjoying Castle Battles, so we don't want to give up on it.

Some Reviews:

https://www.touchtapplay.com/castle-battles-review/

http://www.cubed3.com/review/3787/1/castle-battles-pc.html

http://celesheim.myfreesites.net/castle-battles-review

http://www.dis411.net/2017/04/10/teen-game-review-castle-battles-pc/

10. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    #50 yankeeblue000, May 5, 2017
    Last edited: May 6, 2017
    Get it out on as many social media sites as possible. Give away codes to Twitch streamers & Youtubers.

I learned about it here and I'm not a big rts guy, but this game looks incredibly cool. I love the unique look and quirkiness of it. I haven't picked this up yet. I'm literally out of space on my Ipad (234mb out of 64g:() but I'm trying to finish up two huge games right now that are taking up at least 6gb and then I'll pick this up.

I promised myself that I was gonna wait and finish up a couple more but I really want to get into this game. I could delete a game or two, but it's so hard to really choose which to drop from my backlog.

I have to kick myself in the ass and be honest with myself and concede to defeat on games that I know I will never finish.:D:(

11. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Putting this as an ad on Facebook.. U will see the difference in matter of hours!

There are so many of these pokemon clones not reviewed or advertised here in touch but always pop up on my Facebook have like 100k players playing... All made in China but it's in English

12. Light Arc Studio

Apr 21, 2017
    Thanks @RinoaHeartily and @yankeeblue000 for the ideas. We're working at some of these aspects to strengthen our digital presence and get the word out on Castle Battles. It's a slow process, but we remain hopeful.

We just did an interview with the new https://www.outoflives.net/ show Indie Game Ravers. The podcast will go live next Friday, May 19,2017. Its a new series featuring lesser known indie games and their first episode goes live this Friday, May 12. Check em out to get the inside scoop on indie development! I'll post a direct link when we air.

While we're on the subject of podcast and interviews, we are availiable via [email protected] if any mid-to-large tier networks are interested in learning more about our unique game.

Youtubers, Reviewers and Twitch streamers of just about any scale can request keys from us via keymailer: https://www.keymailer.co/g/games/34602

Thanks!

Attached Files:

13. Light Arc Studio

Apr 21, 2017
  14. BobGarrish

BobGarrish Member

Nov 8, 2012
    I really loved this game, the production values and story are awesome and I couldn't stop playing end to end. It's not getting enough attention if you're not selling loads of copies. It's not as varied as Galcon with all the modes, but the campaign itself is a lot more satisfying as is the story.

Need to have TA do a review. Considering writing one myself and trying to submit it as I really think you guys made a gem here and want to make sure you make more!

15. Light Arc Studio

Apr 21, 2017
    @BobGarrish Thank you for playing! It's great hearing you enjoyed the campaigns!

We would love to have a Touch Arcade Review! You certainly wont hear any complaints from us.

Before release, we prepared ourselves to recognize that reviewers opinions are their own and to take criticisms respectfully, but so far we haven't had to worry because the reviews have been coming back overwhelmingly positive. :)

All reviews, thumbs up or down, (so long as they don't contain hateful speech towards groups of people) are generally welcome. Let us know if you've written a review about Castle Battles so we can share it on social media! We love seeing our little community grow!

16. Light Arc Studio

Apr 21, 2017
    Hey there Battlers of Castles,
    Light Arc Studio here with several big news updates:

First, a shameless plug:
    Did you enjoy the mobile version, but want to play on a larger screen? We're in Steam's Summer Sale at 50% off!
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/568370/Castle_Battles/

We were recently featured on another podcast, The Dorkening's Ultimate Video Game Show! Check out their new series where we talk about Castle Battles game-play and it's development process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SskCpxa4MHs&t

We've heard a lot of fantastic ideas and feedback from the community. These comments were often pared with the question, "Are you planning on doing anything else with the game?" Our response has generally been "we want to, but early sales will have to justify it."

Well good news! Because of your remarkable support our audience has steadily grown! Particularly this has been the case on Google Play's marketplace as their review algorithm has continued to feature us in response to positive community ratings. Turns out we weren't kidding when we said every voice counts!

See for yourself:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lightarc.castle&hl=en

What does this mean?

Short term: A patch is coming in the next few weeks to enhance some basic ui and visual elements. It won't be multiplayer or more story as we want to build on our strong mechanical foundation for future projects first. We're not saying it will never happen (we are looking for ways), but Multiplayer is a massive undertaking and we don't have access to those resources... yet.

Long term: We're chuck full of ideas for what comes next, but we don't want to get ahead of ourselves and start a runaway hype train riddled with broken promises. We will keep you updated as our many ideas solidify into something we're confident is press worthy. Feel free to chime in as we reveal more!

TLDR; Things are starting to go well at Light Arc, so keep sharing the good word of Castle Battles with your friends!
    :)

17. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Some endless random skirmish mode plzzzzz