iPad Caster Glitch fix!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by niz554, May 5, 2009.

1. niz554

niz554 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    #1 niz554, May 5, 2009
    Last edited: May 5, 2009
  2. Veratek

Veratek Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    VERATEkĀ®
    washington
    I didn't encounter this problem, but could this be a sign of future downloadable levels? :confused:

3. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    (I only have the lite version, but) Huh?

I d/l all my apps directly on device but not from iTunes, cause I have messed up my apps on PCs rather badly. I don't understand why the same apps store can give out 2 different version... :rolleyes:

4. MyDarkDesire

MyDarkDesire Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Hell yes downloadable levels... If they did that this game would rule, the game was way too short for a $5 app...

5. elecorn

elecorn Member

May 3, 2009
    Graphics Programmer / Game Developer
    Duvall, Washington
    I'm working on episode two right now. I've got some pretty exciting stuff in the works that I think fans of the first 15 levels will really enjoy.

Thanks!

6. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Enjoying Caster a lot, and looking forward to the new levels.

7. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Will episode 2 be a separate download? Or a free update?

8. elecorn

elecorn Member

May 3, 2009
    Graphics Programmer / Game Developer
    Duvall, Washington
    Free update of course :).

9. Sierra275

Sierra275 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    Omg. How soon would it be ready? I can't WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

10. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    This game is so awesome, i really like how it's open... like you're not on rails..

Also, the music is fantastic, and so is the deformable terrain... sometimes it's fun to make stuff haha

I do wish there were more trees or shrubs or landmarks of some sort

Definitely grab this game!

11. Sierra275

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    Yes. I got rather irritated because Slide to Play gave it such a low rating. Controls are superb, gameplay is very original, and it just rocks. I don't care if there's a sale in two weeks, because I'll just be glad that I got the game that much sooner. Forget about all the premium games coming out: if this game is regularly updated, it will be the best 3rd person game on the App Store. So PLEASE CONTINUE UPDATING!!!!!!!!!!

12. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    +1 IGN has lost a lot of credibility with their recent reviews... clearly no one took the time to get into the game, and definitely didn't like the music!

I could care less if there's a sale too, if anything we need to get more people to DL this to encourage the development of more levels!

13. Sierra275

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    Hmm, can't seem to find IGN's review on it. Either way. I think I'm off to the App Store to write up on Caster and give it 5 stars.

14. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    What is it with you and vegetation? I remember you mentioned more palm trees for SuperTanks. :)

In any case, I agree with more trees or landmarks which would add to the variety and change things up a bit. Hmm, maybe in the next chapter...

15. Axl Lowe

Axl Lowe Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    #15 Axl Lowe, May 7, 2009
    Last edited: May 7, 2009
    I myself had trouble getting used to Caster's controls. It wasn't impossible to play, but it wasn't as accurate as I'd like. Oftentimes, Ethan would run in a direction I did not want him to. Camera controls work fine, but it's the movement controls I had difficulties with. I also found the first mission provided in the demo to look exceptionally bland and lacking much of anything, save some water, mountains and trees. What is there, however, does look very nice, and I very much enjoy Ethan's character animations and look.

I tried their PC version and enjoyed that quite a bit more, due to the prettier graphics and control scheme that for me, personally, worked much better. I'm still debating on whether or not to purchase it, this has been an expensive month for apps.. again.

16. Sierra275

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    I tried the computer version, and due to my terrible computer specs (windows), the iPhone version runs smoother than the computer one does for me. All the same, you'll get used to the controls after an hour or so.