Universal Castaway Paradise (By Stolen Couch Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 27, 2013.

1. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    Might have to try it from Canadian store then Any guess how long before US release?

2. Daxmort

Daxmort Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    United Kingdom
    The answers at present are remaining very vague, they wanna be sure the whole thing is perfect first. :p

3. Daxmort

Nov 1, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Hah, it's typical something would go wrong the moment I start enjoying a new game. Hope whatever's wrong gets fixed quickly, I was planning on spending a few hours exploring today. ;)

4. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    I do agree with this. There's lots of fans who don't have access to another Canadian account, therefore they cannot play. Getting the game out worldwide should be your priority - Not releasing events.

5. BMH

BMH Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    We discovered a bug that caused players to loose their progress. As a precaution we have shut down the game until a fix has been found. Good news: we found a fix and we've submitted a update to Apple. Hopefully Apple will review it quickly and we can all get playing again.

6. BMH

BMH Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    [​IMG]

This is the island map. You can pan around the island, see all the fish, villagers etc. Coming in July.

7. Daxmort

Nov 1, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Looks helpful and straightforward. At present, I'm just looking forward to getting back to playing. Wish Apple would move their butts and release the update. :p

8. Daxmort

Nov 1, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Any ideas when the hotfix update will be released, guys? I keep seeing all these updates on your twitter, and I can't help wondering if I've just missed something, 'cause there's still no word of a new release on the Canadian appstore.

9. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Will the July release include iPhone support?

10. Daxmort

Nov 1, 2009
    United Kingdom
    They've said a few times that the iPhone release is way off, I'm willing to bet it won't be done until the worldwide release, at the earliest.

11. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England

Isn't world wide release in July though?

12. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    I'm hoping for an early July/Mid July release, but knowing this game it could be late July/Early August.

13. BMH

BMH Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Hot fix update: It's been reviewed and approved. But it's stuck in limbo. It shouldv'e gone live already, but it hasn't. Don't know why. Really frustrating. We can't do anything about it at this time. The ball is in Apple's court.

As for the iPhone release: We've been extremely busy fixing the game and adding important features. Looking at our planning as it is now it should take another 2 months.

14. Daxmort

Nov 1, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Sucks about the update, can only hope they hurry it up and release it soon, I really wanna get back into it.

15. BMH

BMH Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
  16. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    Is progress stored in the cloud or with a game account? Any reason to not get a Canadian account and play? Won't be able to do iap is that a issue?

17. BMH

BMH Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Save games go to iCloud. in app purchases might not work. But you'll get a message if they won't. :)

18. funem

funem Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Hi, I read about this, looks good. I played all versions of Animal Crossing to death so looking forward to the UK release of this.

If you are looking for an iPod 5g tester - although I'm in the UK - I would be happy to test it.... (Im guessing that's what they call unsubtle hint)

19. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    I've been playing this all weekend I'm hooked and I never played Animal Crossing. It's so relaxing and fun. Didn't even go see Transformers cause I would not have internet lol

20. BMH

BMH Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011