Universal Castaway Paradise (By Stolen Couch Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 27, 2013.

1. BMH

BMH Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    [​IMG]

Click on the link to view the World Cup trailer of Castaway Paradise!

2. BMH

BMH Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Celebrate the Football Championship with this new Castaway Paradise update! During the Football Championship you can get exclusive items and discounts. Get them while they last.

As always we've been listening to your feedback and have improved the game a lot. Check out these improvements:
    - Created a better introduction tutorial.
    - Added Football items and clothing.
    - Added ten new quests.
    - Improved a lot of quests.
    - Made timers a lot faster.
    - No more quests that require pearls to complete.
    - Lots of small bug fixes.

Want to see the new Castaway Paradise Football Cup trailer? Go to www.CastawayParadiseGame.com to check it out!

3. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    It's a shame that by the time this finally gets a world wide release and iPhone support, all these event updates will no longer be available. You never know though, it might be available just in time for the next World Cup in 4 years :)

4. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Lol yeah :)

5. BMH

BMH Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Hahaha. This is true.

However we'll continue to add new events. So don't worry :)

6. BMH

BMH Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
  7. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    Now you're just rubbing it in ;)

8. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Still not in the US ?

9. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    I've kind of list interest in this. I understand the dev wanting a working proper release and making sure that happens but special content? I would think that is taking away from making it a working proper release!

It's great you want to provide special content and all but at this point wouldn't a worldwide release be better? I am having doubts there ever will be a world release let alone an iPhone release. :/

I really hope I am wrong.

10. BMH

BMH Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    All the special events we're making is done by the art en design team. The programmers are working very hard on ironing out the bugs and getting the game ready for a world wide release. Our art and design workflows are really fast. We can make these events independently from the rest of the team. It's really great.

Right now we have over 1400 items in the game. And each two weeks we'll add more. This means the game will be loaded with content when it's released in your country. Don't worry about missing out. We'll continue to supply a stream of new content with each update.

11. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    But sometimes it's not about missing out but catching up. I like to progress in a game systematically and do the updates when they come out so it's not overwhelming. I don't subscribe to the more is better train if thought. I would just line to play a game which looks line I won't have a chance to do.

It's ok there are loads of games that get soft launched that don't make worldwide release. It's the nature of the beast.

12. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    I'd hate to see this not get worldwide release. I'd be gutted. Had my eye on this for months now, I really need to play.

I understand these special events, but how will adding more content get the worldwide release out any faster?

13. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    That's what I mean - it won't. Finish the game and release it. And THEN add special events!

The dev said it's two teams working on it at once but just release it! It will always have bugs!! It's been a long time now and with the dev constantly saying it's not ready I guess I have given up hope. Especially when they feel it's fine to add special events before a worldwide release.

Conserve your resources and focus on a release!

Please.

14. Daxmort

Daxmort Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    United Kingdom
    #54 Daxmort, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
    I've only just started playing, but I really love it so far. I love how totally varied my iPad is for just about every purpose; I can play board-games, card-games, action games, shooters, racing games, draw, word process, create music amongst other things.

I'm also playing it using a Canadian account, and thus far, I'm very impressed. I do look forward to a proper release soon.

..Though I'm wondering why, despite being downloaded from the Canadian app store, the VIP section lists its prices in GBP for me? (Yes, I'm a British user.) And there's even a Father's day sale. I didn't think it would be Father's Day over there. Or has there been a sudden update or--I don't even know, but I'm loving this.

Edit: Oh, additional questions for the team; when you do release the worldwide version, will it be the same one? Will I have to delete this and get the UK appstore version, or will I be safe keeping this one? Will I lose all my saved progress/stuff? Is it safe for me to buy a VIP sub at present, despite having downloaded it using a Canadian account? (Logged back into my standard UK account now.)

15. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Oh why not...
    Maybe we get to play the Brazil Soccer 2014 content around Christmas..
    To me, it takes away the whole point of the Special Contents for such events..
    Who wants to play this events in the winter time, when it's done and over with for 6 months...

16. BMH

BMH Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    You won't loose your progress. However we cannot offer support for purchases done outside of the soft launched countries.

Have fun with the game.

17. Daxmort

Nov 1, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Understood then, thanks. Looking forward to grabbing a sub on worldwide release.

It's nice to finally have something akin to Animal Crossing on my iPad, only this seems far more involved/progressive, timers aside. ;)

18. BMH

BMH Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Animal Crossing had timers. They were hidden. In our game you can see them! UPGRADE!

19. deserted

deserted Member

Jul 1, 2013
    What's keeping you from playing the version that is released now? It's just a minute's worth of toggling region locations to download and play since it is a free app.

20. Daxmort

Nov 1, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I suppose this much is true! :D Waiting a day for Nook's to open was something I hadn't quite considered..

Oh, also, I know that the maintenance-thing is currently active, and it's telling me to go and update the app, but the update isn't appearing on either of the stores (Canadian or UK), is it going to take a while for the update/rollback version to appear, as per normal App Store updates?