Universal Castaway Paradise (By Stolen Couch Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 27, 2013.

1. BMH

BMH Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    We will roll the game out in different territories in the coming months.

2. Beth

Beth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 29, 2014
    Professional do-nothing'er
    Eastern usa
    Finally something like animal crossing for the iPad! This looks great and I can't wait until the USA launch. This doesn't look too juvenile which I was was worried about when I heard about it on PG. As an adult female gamer I'm always looking for something interesting that doesn't involve fighting, racing or endless running. So my sanity thanks you :)

3. Georgina

Georgina Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2010
    Sydney
    Beth, I'm the same way! I loved Animal Crossing and can't wait for this to be out in Australia.

4. BMH

BMH Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Update is live!

5. BMH

BMH Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Here's a visual update on the game:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We're working very hard on getting the game ready for the world. We're going to localize it to many languages so that many can enjoy the awesome of Castaway Paradise!

6. BMH

BMH Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
  7. BMH

BMH Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
  8. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Still looking forward to this game. Any chance of an update on when the game comes out in the UK? Still very excited. Will the game be out in other regions soon?

9. BMH

BMH Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Stolen Couch Games today releases a new trailer of Castaway Paradise. The trailer follows the player as she customizes her whole island.

There are literally more than a thousand items in Castaway Paradise with which you can decorate your island with. The possibilities are endless! Castaway Paradise launched as a beta app in Canada. This means that the game is still a work in progress. Players may encounter bugs and other problems. Stolen Couch Games is working very hard to crush all these bugs and make Castaway Paradise a fantastic experience for everyone.

Castaway Paradise will be released on iPhone, iPad, Android, PC & Mac.

www.CastawayParadiseGame.com

10. Obidab

Obidab New Member

Nov 4, 2013
    So I realize this game is out in canada for testing, but is it iPad only still?

11. BMH

BMH Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    iPad only for now. iPhone is coming.

12. BMH

BMH Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
  13. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Sooooooo... Worldwide release? When?

14. BMH

BMH Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Soon!

We're submitting a new update to apple tomorrow. When it goes live the game will be available in more territories.

15. skeletonlord

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    What territories will these be? UK yet? I really can't wait much longer!

16. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Hope it includes iPhone support too

17. BMH

BMH Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Right now we're fixing all the major problems with the game. Improving the experience so that the current players will keep playing. We don't want to release a buggy game to the world, I hope you can all understand this.

iPhone support: It's coming. It's a relative easy feature, but it takes a few weeks to make and test. It's on our to-do list for the next 2 months.
    World wide launch: It's also coming. But this one depends on performance of the game in current territories.
    Online Multiplayer: We have this running in our office. It's a HUGE feature, it's pretty amazing. But it'll take a while before we can release this to the public. It'll happen post world wide release.
    Localization: The game will be localized. We're already working on this. But Castaway Paradise has THOUSANDS of lines of dialogue. It'll take months before we fully localize the game.

18. skeletonlord

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Thank you for the replies, but I just really want to play this game and it's been months I've been waiting. I can't download using a different account, but I would love to test this for you guys.

The game looks fantastic. Online multiplayer sounds amazing and I can't wait for the game to fully work. So it could be months away from worldwide release?

19. BMH

BMH Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    I can't say an exact date, and here's why:

Honesty time:

We obviously need to earn money with the game. If we don't we go bankrupt. So right now we're testing and improving the game to create an awesome experience with which we also earn money. We haven't reached that point, yet. If we were to release the game world wide we would not earn enough to keep our company running. So that why we need to improve the game until we do. Once we're confident we earn enough money AND we are happy with how the game plays we'll release it immediately.

It's better for everyone this way. If we earn enough money we can support this game for YEARS! And that is really our goal. If we do not earn enough the game won't be getting any updates, which is bad for everyone.

20. skeletonlord

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    I understand this now. Still can't wait. I see why you don't want to release a game that isn't fully complete. By all means, I'll always support this and as soon as it's released I'll be playing. Game looks awesome!