iPad Cartoon Wars 2: Heroes

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by freedog, Oct 16, 2010.

1. frostedone

frostedone Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Some questions:

1)What is the difference between SK and PW?

2) What about energy gain of the arrow and maximum arrow energy?

3) What is cooldown time? What does it affect?

4) Also do you get more gold if you play it on medium or hard instead of easy?

Thanks!

2. bluewhistle7

bluewhistle7 Active Member

Dec 18, 2008
    #42 bluewhistle7, Oct 19, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
    1)What is the difference between SK and PW?
    HP - Max HP increase.
    LK - Increase Gold gain / SP gain /Mana gain.
    SP - Moving Speed increase.
    PW - Damage Increase.
    SK - Increase skill power
    MP - Increase Max Mana and mana gain.
    2) What about energy gain of the arrow and maximum arrow energy?
    energy gain of the arrow - Increase energy refresh speed.
    maximum arrow energy - Increase max energy.
    3) What is cooldown time? What does it affect?
    If it is shorter, you can produce unit more quickly.
    4) Also do you get more gold if you play it on medium or hard instead of easy?
    Yes. but.... more hard. :D

3. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    I'm having a lot of fun with this one. Nice for just a dollar.

I have one major suggestion/wish:
    Since your arrow launcher thing isn't visible on screen a lot of the time it's very hard to know where your arrows are going to fall. I end up bombarding my own guys quite a bit, and adjustments are tricky when you can't see how far or fast your aim is changing.
    -Some kind of reticle or indicator on the ground to show where you're aiming would be VERY helpful.-
    I know the current system adds some challenge, etc. But it just feels a little haphazard and awkward.

Anyway... Thanks for the fun game!

4. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Why would you missspell things on purpose? surely its just bad developing forgetting to check spelling?

5. drunkhobo15

drunkhobo15 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Waiter
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Thanks for the explanation on the heroe upgrades. Make sure you put that in a future update imo.

Also just as an fyi the upgraded gunner is ridiculously overpowered (along with the 4th spearman for acts 1+2) because it pushes almost every in a line back and once you start stacking them you just obliterate stuff. I am on easy though. After I beat the game and mess with all the stuff I will decide if I want to try hard.

Also just as a bit of information the max level for the heroes is level 20 which gives you enough to max out 3 skill upgrades and get to like 15 in another. Damage/speed/hp I maxed(damage first) and put my 15 into luck and so far it seems like the best way to do a hero.

6. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    A joke or something? to add some humor to the game.

7. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Sorry, but I disagree, I dont see why a dev would want to spell things wrong to be a joke.. cause its not funny.

I guess only the dev would be able to confirm if the spelling is just very poor or its deliberate.

8. King KUSH

King KUSH New Member

Oct 21, 2010
    I'm having a great time with this game, I bought it as soon as I saw it because I was a fan of Gunner.

The only question I have is how do you unlock new weapons for your hero? I've added points into all the skills and also leveled up a few times but i'm still stuck with the pistol on my hero. Anyone know how?

9. Buy the other heroes.

10. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    Every four levels your hero will upgrade to a better weapon. I've recently leveled up the first hero, Lu to level 16 (the max weapon upgrade) and he's a freaking ninja warrior. I've gotten the second hero up to 4, and his rifle is pretty powerful.

11. Nibelung Valesti

Nibelung Valesti Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I really liked the original CW, and Gunner is one of my most played apps. I really wish those two games had been updated with new content as opposed to CWII being released though. While it does a decent job at trying to mesh the two games together, why use these new ideas as updates to make two awesome games?

Gunner could use some new heroes and weapons, and the smoother and nicer looking combat would go nicely with what's all ready in that game. Give CW a campaign and some different units, or a new way to upgrade units and it's even better than before.

In my opinion, CWII is a decent game, but some of the features and ideas really could have made your previous games (which haven't gotten any updates besides a ad for CWII, and in gunners case, a bug that causes the game to freeze when using the sniper rifle) even better than they all ready are

12. Rhokk

Rhokk Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Crashes

First off... Fantastic game!! I love it! Around 10 hours in I found a bug that crashes the game whenever skills tabs are selected. I emailed the dev my save game and in less than an hour they found and fixed it. Talk about first class developer support. Never had I experienced such professionalism.

Thank you devs.

-looking forward to that update so I can play again!

13. cubey

cubey New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    This game is HARD.

Stuck in 4-4.. no idea how I'm supposed to play this game or what sort of composition i should bring in. Basically im using my arrows at the start and saving up mana. Then i send a mass of what I think are my best units but I get slaughtered pretty badly.

Can someone write a quick strategy guide or somthing?

14. drunkhobo15

Feb 5, 2010
    Waiter
    Fort Worth, Texas
    #54 drunkhobo15, Oct 23, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
    You have to basically solo all the monsters down with your arrows until you can get max level mana upgrade and then save up your max mana and mash units that cost 800+ into them while pelting with arrows. Wizards for your ground forces is basically a must. The key though is that as soon as you send your force you have to save for another max mana wave. It is not best to keep sending units.

Edit: sorry I was talking about act 5 which is where I first had a little trouble. For act 4 it still remains true that wizards should be your ground force along with armed helicopters/aircraft fighters for your air forces.

15. bambambam

bambambam Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Any hints for act 3?

I'm having trouble with those flying demons with the glowing green swords. The big guys with the big maces too.

I'm trying the laser and missile blasters but it's not really working.

Are the skills worth it? Or should I upgrade my arrow? My arrow is all level 1...

16. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]

THANK YOU FOR THAT INFO!!!!! I was really wondering what all the 'hero' upgrades stood for...

Anyway...

onto why I'm writing...

Cartoon Wars was the first game I bought after I got my iPod...

the second game... Cartoon Wars; Gunner...

These two games kept me occupied for MONTHS... I got upto page 12 on the highscore rank on Cartoon Wars;Gunner... I PLAYED THEM ALL THE TIME.

Anyway...

THIS...

THIS game is AMAZING. I've already spent over 4 days with it (about 10 hours...) and I'm still on the first act... (quitting right before I kill the last enemy, or right before I take down their castle, so I can play the stage again, and gain more gold...) I've got all but the last hero unlocked... on stage... 1-6.

I LOVE this game... and am TOTALLY DETERMINED to get on the FIRST OR SECOND page of the highscore list.

THANK YOU for this AMAZING game!!!!

17. drunkhobo15

Feb 5, 2010
    Waiter
    Fort Worth, Texas

your arrow should be leveled quite a bit. the arrow is the key to defeating the hard monster especially in act 4+. I had my arrow maxed in all upgrades by act 5-3 and it really makes a difference.

18. tokhoi

tokhoi Active Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Boss for act 5

having trouble with the boss from act 5 any good advice? i though i could just kill him with my maxed out arrows (missiles at that point) but even with continuous spray on him (using arrow refresh spells) he still won't die before my castle is in shambles. anyone have some good advise? for example a spell that actually freezes him temporarily. i'll continue to experiment with different spells and upgrade my castle to max until i get a reply or beat it.

19. drunkhobo15

Feb 5, 2010
    Waiter
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I just reached this point and I also have no idea how to beat it. I have all the max arrow upgrades and a constant spray into him doesn't even come close to killing him and your units can't attack him because he knocks them all back before they are in range.

20. dizzyjw

dizzyjw Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    how can you level up new heroes when you can't replay the levels. when you buy a new hero they don't stand a chance in the later acts. So it's impossible to level them up.

FYI dev. next update: replayable levels please...