Universal Cartoon Survivor (by Spunge Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 27, 2015.

1. SpungeGames

SpungeGames Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hey guys,

We are looking to send out testflight invites tomorrow for people to test the new update with new, non-tilty controls.

If you are eager to be apart of of a select group of people to test the new update then email [email protected]. We would love to have you on board!

2. guzzla

guzzla Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 12, 2015
    This is very good news. I sent you an email. I would at least like the option to play with swipe controls. It doesn't give you as much range of motion which may be a bad thing, but at the same time the tilt controls are a tad clunky on occasion. In reality I think they just require some adjusting to, but everyone may not be willing to put in the time to do so.

3. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Great news. Waiting for the touch control update.

4. Pixel. Perfect

Mar 21, 2015
    Got to say I think the touch controls are done really well, but I guess you need to cater to all people if you want the app to do well.

Good Luck

5. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    i only need to play one level to know which control is the best option. slider one it is. its meant to be on this game since the launch day. please keep the other controls option as it is but if you asked me which one is the best then slider one is the best option for me. i really2 recommend the slider to be the default option in this game and please add a pop up tutorial which explained the existing of other controls option.

6. guzzla

guzzla Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 12, 2015
    I sent you my feedback via test flight and via email (didn't know which was best), but also wanted to provide feedback to the community as well. This game was meant to be played with touch steer controls. I absolutely love it. It is so much easier to navigate in tight places and get the bird to go where I want it in general. I still think you want the tilt available for people who prefer it, but after experiencing both I think tilt will appeal to very few.

7. Spunge1

Spunge1 Member

May 28, 2015
    Thanks for the feedback guys, we are putting some finishing touches on the game this week and hope to resubmit it to Apple by the end of the week. We will respond to you all individually via email but I wanted to say thanks here as well.

We will post an update on the changes we are implementing later this week.

8. Spunge1

Spunge1 Member

May 28, 2015
    Hi Guys

We are putting the final touches on our first update for Cartoon Survivor. Here is a list of what we have added:
    • two new steering options, button control and a slider, the slider system will be the default
    • tweaked the UI to make it simpler and easier to find things
    • improved the Episode (level) select screen to streamline moving between Episodes
    • adjusted the economy to make it easier to get coins
    • lowered the in game currency price of additional Seasons
    • balanced some of the earlier episodes to make them easier to complete, not necessarily easier to get a fast time.
    • Made the wick and star system easier to understand and select
    • Added a daily bonus – just to reward you for supporting our game

Thanks for all the feedback we really appreciate all the honesty and the effort some people went to help us make Cartoon Survivor the best game it could be.

9. guzzla

guzzla Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 12, 2015
    Awesome, can't wait. The touch steer has really gotten me hooked on this one. Early on I put the fart helmet on my bird and forgot about it. Then I got to the level where you need a different one to get 3 cups. All along I kept meaning to complain cause I got tired of the bird farting all of the time. Never even realized it was the helmet until I changed it out for the brick. Aside from everything else that I like about the game, the levels have great depth. There are multiple lines in each level so getting 3 cups is not something you will generally do on the first or even second run. I always set it to hard and just try to finish the level on time. Then I go back for the cups and sometimes have to play over and over to get them all. This one will remain at the top of my list until I get all of the cups, great work and thanks for tweaking the controls. Without that I probably would have stopped playing it after a few days.

10. Pixel. Perfect

Mar 21, 2015
    Great sounds good thanks for this guys

11. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Looking forward to this one when the update goes live.....

12. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    New controls work great in the beta!

13. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    When will it go live? Psyched to try

14. SpungeGames

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    Brisbane, Australia
    Great to hear you guys are excited!!!! :D

We are currently doing a few more tweaks but we hope to submit to Apple by Wednesday!

15. Johnno

Johnno Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Brisbane
    Awesome, I'm looking forward to trying out the new control scheme!

16. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Not available in the U.S.?

17. SpungeGames

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    Brisbane, Australia
  18. SpungeGames

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    Brisbane, Australia
    A sneak peek of the new controls!

[​IMG]

-OR-

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cartoon Survivor update coming soon!

19. SpungeGames

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    Brisbane, Australia
    The new Cartoon Survivor update has been submitted to Apple and should be out in the next few weeks! We're excited for you to see the new changes!

Here's a sneak peek of the new Season/Level select screens.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Pixel. Perfect

Mar 21, 2015
    When is the new update due to go to the App Store is there any more levels??