Universal Cartoon Survivor (by Spunge Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 27, 2015.

1. guzzla

guzzla Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 12, 2015
    Really nice job on this one guys. Love the world you have created here. This one has definitely earned a spot on my main page of games. I am sure I will get better as I play more, but I have gotten decent replays out of the opening levels just trying to get all of the stars, trophies, and coins. Going to be enjoying this for a while.

2. Spunge1

Spunge1 Member

May 28, 2015
    Thanks for all the support, I am really glad you like the game. We are currently working up a list of new costumes and like those - I think country themes (like Lincoln) are definitely on the agenda.

But be warned 'Winter is Coming"

3. Johnno

Johnno Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Brisbane
    I downloaded the game and my kids loved it! Well done - awesome animation - reminds me of Crash Bandicoot - especially the cool music.

4. deadcandance

deadcandance Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Love this game. Tilt controls are nice. Art style is great. Good challenge. But.... Really wish this had an endless mode. Seems to be perfect for one. Or after you get every trophy does an endless mode unlock? That would be awsome.

5. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    +1 to this. endless mode will be beast addition to this game with different themes.

6. Pixel. Perfect

Mar 21, 2015
    I am really enjoying this nearly through the third theme Stone Age - well done again guys. Adding an endless mode would be cool and more hidden stuff.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Contrary to the positive comments, i am not feeling the tilt controls. For one, there are many things to play without the tilt controls. I dont think it's implemented bad, but i think this time im just not ready to adjust to the tilt controls.

The game mechanics look solid though. Congrats on the release of this good looking game, but i dont think it's for me.

8. SpungeGames

SpungeGames Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    Brisbane, Australia
    Thank for the comments! We appreciate the feedback.

9. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    same as EP, can you please give us an option for the controls? except the game is being designed to use tilt from the beginning to make it more challenging. so how about swipe left and right to change line and swipe up to jump, after jump hold the screen to glide. i think that would be a great option for controls.

10. CRAYTATO

CRAYTATO Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2015
    Not enough love for this little gem. Totally reminiscent of an isometric level-based runner with a 'banjo-kazooie' look to it. Really refreshing to play, tons of cute charm, and plenty fun for both kids and adults. I do agree with the controls request; a slide or swipe motion to change 'lanes' would be nice, as holding the iPad to tilt strains my wrist after a while.

11. GamerDog

GamerDog Active Member

Played today

Played this one today, it's pretty well done, good graphics and fun gameplay. Kind of like dino dash or subway surfer in 3D. Ads get super annoying though in game,

12. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    could have been a nice game, but ruined by the tilt controls. Deleted the game after one try. Dear devs, most other endless runners have touch controls, why? Because tilt controls are crap! Why dont you let the people choose between tilt and touch control?

13. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    Played this one today, it's pretty well done, good graphics and fun gameplay. Kind of like dino dash or subway surfer in 3D. Ads get super annoying though in game,

14. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    This gorgeous looking game simply suffers from getting my full attention due to three other Games(OTW) i'm totally involved in at the moment.
    It's a pity because i just had a quick go and i liked it immediately. But i clearly feel that i need to invest some serious time to get the most fun out of it. There is so much to see, collect or dodge in the game. And yep, as you said (Devs, upcoming thread), laying on the couch won't get me the best result with these (good) tilt controls. Good luck!

15. SpungeGames

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    Brisbane, Australia
    Thanks you all for the comments! We appreciate the feedback and have taken it on board.

16. Cosmic Badger

Cosmic Badger Well-Known Member

May 10, 2015
    Dublin
    This happened for my game too when it released on Thursday. I think it's to do with Apple's CDN, it takes up to 24 hours to update everywhere. It's annoying though

17. Johnno

Johnno Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Brisbane
    After playing this a lot, I would love to see you guys reboot Crash Bandicoot :) Would it be hard to swing the camera behind the character like in Crash?

18. guzzla

guzzla Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 12, 2015

You are getting ads? What triggers them? I have run as many as 15 to 20 times in 1 sitting and have never been forced to watch one. Occasionally it asks me to watch one to double my coins, but I don't care about that since I can chose whether I want to watch or not.

19. SpungeGames

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    Brisbane, Australia
    There are no ads in game apart from the optional video ad to double your coins at the end of each run. Maybe @henryfakesmile is talking about in comparison to subway surfers?

20. SpungeGames

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    Brisbane, Australia
    Cartoon Survivor Update!

Cartoon Survivor Update!

You spoke, we listened!
    Due to the great feedback we got on Cartoon Survivor from the Touch Arcade community we have made the decision to implement a different control option in the next update!!

We want Cartoon Survivor to be the best game it could be and we want your help!

If you are interested in beta testing the new Cartoon Survivor update we would love to have you on board. Please email [email protected] with your email address so we can send you out a testflight invite.

We look forward to hearing from you! :)