iPad Cartoon Hero

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NotYou, Mar 15, 2009.

1. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    [app]Cartoon Hero[/app]

It looks interesting. I'd love to see a video of it, but I can't find anything.

There are some definite translation issues in their description("feel the smarting thrill"), but that doesn't seem like it'll affect the game. Seems simple, but looks like it could be fun. It's potentially a complete waste of $.99 too.

[​IMG]

2. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    anybody wanna TOFFT?

3. kiwi91

kiwi91 Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    U.S.
    I'll be busy with Let's Golf...lol.

4. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    #4 Diablohead, Mar 15, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
    I'll give it a shot, looks like those .gif's you see people use as avatars which are well animated.

*edit* Well I played it for a little bit and left a 2 star review on the uk page, main reason is that the game doesn't lock up but the main character will suddenly not respond to anything by random over half the time you play, the background still animates so the app is still running, on a 2g Touch.

Gameplay wise it's a case of making sure your character lands on a star so he auto jumps into the air ready to land on another star, hit enough and you gain flying power to fly as high as you can. Rather simple.

Game would be more fun if I didn't have to close the app to get out of the player freezing problem.

5. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    it's a Papi Jump/Skybound mix with a japanese stick figure aesthetic. I played for 5 minutes before deleting, but I don't regret spending the $.99.

6. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    wow, lol :rolleyes:

7. bluewhistle7

bluewhistle7 Active Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Touch the left bottom button in pause state.(pause function have some bugs. sorry~)

8. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    This looks very interesting. Can someone who bought it try it some more (after reading how to fix the pause issue) and let me know if it is fun.

There are two 5 star reviews in the us app store.

9. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    Okay I bought the game (since I got Kyper free :p) and it's okay. Nice animations, pretty fun, but also very linear.