Universal caRRage (by Nova Games Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    The guy above my last post said his ad for free crystal wasn't working. Mine actually is so just to let u know it's not completely broke. I think it's once a day so that might be where he might think it's broke.

I can't get enough of this game. Grinding out levels to save up for the next upgrade is probably my favorite.

Keep up the great work.

I just hope that Apple fixes the gamecenter bug so I can play with others

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #82 L.Lawliet, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
    I would love some cars that RESEMBLE tuner / Japanese cars (or low suspension type stuff). I do know the game's theme with all rugged cars but it'd be nice with more varieties!

As for game modes, maybe a team kill arena mode (or free for all). A small / medium sized arena with random barriers or obstacles and everyone tries to destroy each other while powerups spawn in different locations. I think having AI teammates would be fun since they already seem pretty smart in teaming up to kill me in EVERY race (I noticed the AI seems to help each other out more than attack each other).

==

Btw, what's the difference between the first mine and the second bomb? They both seem to be very similar except the second bomb is very slightly stronger and costs way more to level up. I tried them both and didn't see anything particularly contrasting.

Also a bug is that the shield upgrade stats don't show for the 1st upgrade. The numbers are misaligned and some are even missing. I just upgraded it anyways and the stats are still messed up but the next upgrade stats show fine.

3. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Still my go to game after all of these great sales and deals. Just can't get enough upgrading and buying new cars and grinding levels

4. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I think the gatling gun needs a buff. It's fun to use and nice for ATTEMPTING to hit multiple enemies but more often than not you miss and one bullet hitting is way less damage than one rocket. Having multiple enemies bunched together is not very common either. It also costs too much to upgrade compared to rockets and has less ammo for the amount you upgrade. It's fun but with all the resources I put into it, it's just not worth it.

Also it has a bug where if you're point blank and fire the gatling gun at an opponent, more often than not, most of the bullets will fly through the enemy and do no damage.

At this point, the rocket seems better in almost every way aside from being single target only.

5. Velcro Games

Velcro Games Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Game developers
    Ukraine
    We only have local multiplayer in same wifi network at this moment. Global online mp is in our roadmap for future updates:)

First mine affects only one car and second mine affects all cars inside it's blast radius just like barrels. We'll check shield UI components.

Gatling was nerfed just before release coz on later levels it was oneshot weapon pretty much) Need to check this point blank fire bug you mentioned.

Thanks everyone for your time, ideas and usefull feedback! Have a nice day!

6. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Hope to see multiplayer added in future along with bonus cars ,decals , guns, modes, maps. Still play everyday

7. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I really love this game! Thanks for the responses dev and I'm even happier that you made it an offline game. This is definitely something I would pay money to support. I feel like maybe a resource doubler or something like that would be a nice addition to IAP (so less grinding for dropped items).

Late game is a bit disappointing, as after putting many hours into it (haven't reached the late 20-30lvls though) the upgrades aren't that amazing. It seems that you're better off using all the starter weapons. The final weapons sound overpowered but I haven't gotten close to unlocking them since the grind is quite huge to get to that point even if you replay the final missions. I prefer the missiles, the starter mines, and the shield (though boost is equally good if that's your play style). I spent almost all my grinded resources on the 2nd tier weapons and they still aren't any better. Gattling maybe needs stronger rounds or to shoot more rounds. Tested using it for a day and I probably killed 70% less enemies than using a missile. You really have to be nearby to fire accurately and at that point you might as well use a rocket for a near guaranteed hit. And most of the time if you do hit your target, you'll get 1-2 bullets to hit when you need 3 bullets to hit to generally outdo the power of a missile.

8. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    #88 MasonHurst, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    So no mifi for this? I just can't control these isometric racers at all #

9. Velcro Games

Velcro Games Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Game developers
    Ukraine
    We are working on mechanics which will give players access to resources not by just destroying the opponents. Also we'll tune some of weapons in future updates. Thanks for info!

Definitely will add controllers support in next updates.

We hope as well :) Some new content will be available in February i think, cuz we have a pretty small team and it take weeks for create and test those things. Anyway we are working hard to be able support our game and give players new stuff:)
    Cheers!

10. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Nominated this for game of the year

11. Red Reddington

Red Reddington Active Member

May 26, 2015
    Feels like Mini Motor Racing with weapons, which is a big compliment in my book. It's pretty darn tough, though, especially if you fall behind early in the race. I'm hoping to grind out some upgrades and see if that helps. Luckily, replaying races is still pretty fun. The alternate modes (meteorite and cargo haul) add some nifty variety--I'd love to see even more alternate modes in the future! (along with more cars, weapons, tracks, etc.)

12. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Still my fav game

13. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    For me it's 4 stars by now. When i'll play more i'll update my rating.

For a free Game without ADS it's great.

14. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Only The controls are a bit... Frustrating...

15. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Controls are my only complaint . They aren't terrible though just every other game or so I get stuck or get turned around .

Def a 5 star game. Hope to see updates and more . I'll play this forever

16. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    The controls were my complaint at first but I have no problem with them now. Basically imo they're only bad because the handling on the car is low. As you get stronger cars and upgrade handling the turns get really easy. Once you adjust to the swing you'll actually enjoy it since it feels like a real way these rough offroad cars would turn.

17. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I agree . It took awhile
    To get used to the controls but u adapt to them. I just have from time to time
    Get stuck on a wall or car spins and loops around

18. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Would it be possible to have something like this in a third person perspective, or rather behind the cars?

19. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Update

This game was updated few days ago. It now has daily and weekly missions, new gears,etc. It revitalized the game a bit. I think the devs lost the momentum a little with update taking a few months. The game is still fun though and grinding does not feel tedious to me at all. The game currency is generous enough. I never felt the need to spend a single cent.

20. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    How do I get rid of ads? Did not find a purchase option.