Universal CardSurvival: Tropical Island (by WinterSpring Games Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Jan 20, 2023.

1. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    #21 Ghostdog1, Jan 21, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
    You start with an easy character who has good immunity against some traits. And you unlock at least 4 other characters. But what goals you need to unlock them I‘m not sure. You can also create an own unique character with a hell of a lot customization. Alone this makes every game or run different. And the loot is randomized, so no run is the same. This is for sure because my first 2 tries played out very different.
    That‘s all I can say so far.

By the way one of the things I like the most is that there is no time running down during planning of your next moves and steps. You have as long as you want to strategize. Of course every action takes time once you execute it but you will always see how long it would take while you play. For example cooking fish takes about 30 mins, so you would fill this time with actions like making fibre (15mins) or washing yourself in the sea (15mins). But once you take longer actions your food is burned. Although burned food has also a function in this game.

AltsKev likes this.
  2. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Only 38 Mark in Germany. :p

Greetz Chris

3. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    i'm very tempted by this one but at this price hope for interesting replayability

4. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    #24 Ghostdog1, Jan 25, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
    I have played the game for about 16 hours so far and I still try to survive. I have reached only about 3% of possible goals. And every time I die, the next run I survive a lot longer and have a better system. From my view the replayability is absolutely astonishing. Every run was so so much different from the one before. Most people on steam who have played the game more than 100 hours praise the game for its great deepness and replayability. Just read some reviews over there. Maybe they can push you over the tip.

Ijipop and AltsKev like this.
  5. AltsKev

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    thank a lot for your comment, i think i ll push the button :p

Ijipop likes this.
  6. Cinot

Cinot Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Is there an ending or is it endless?

7. gamecoder

gamecoder Active Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Male
    USA
    I haven’t gotten this game myself yet, but I was curious about this too and went looking. It sounds like there is an official ending to a run.

For those that have played some. How long were your first handful of runs? I imagine it’s something like a couple of hours and the die and retry, before eventually getting some longer runs going?

8. WinterspringGames

WinterspringGames New Member

Jan 28, 2023
    #28 WinterspringGames, Jan 28, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
    Hi everyone! @anthony78
    The Devs here. I read some of you have lost access to Card Quest on iOS. If you send us an email we'll be happy to send you a key so that you can reactivate it. ([email protected])
    Apple didn't let us transfer the game when our previous publisher closed doors, so we had to reupload the game as a different app, causing people to lose the ability to reinstall the game if they switched devices. Unforunately we have no way of knowing who had the game so we can't solve this problem automatically. We have been giving keys to all the old users we find though so please do write to us if you are one of them.

@gamecoder:
    Runs have optional victory conditions (like escaping the island or making it your home) but can also be played forever if one wants.

edit: forgot to add our email... -_-u

anthony78 likes this.
  9. AltsKev

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    After searching the discord channel ( was not easy ! ) i spoke with some player and i push the buy button, i love it, every run you do is better, you have learn from your past run and adjust your strategy

if you like survival game its a must have !

Ijipop likes this.
  10. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    #30 PBSNellie, Jan 29, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
    [email protected]

11. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Truest thing ever! Definitely been some good cases of PC prices selling well here, but much too rare. It’s also tough just because Steam typically has much deeper sales… but that’s also bc of the higher prices and Apple not taking a cut. So many moving parts!

Anyway, great to see you psj

12. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    I want this but it's really expensive here in Japan.

2600 yen(like $26)

13. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    It’s $16 even in the States. A game I’d like to try but not sure I’d like it. Wish there was a demo or it had been an IAP unlock.

14. solarnya

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    If it only costed 1600 yen, I would buy it easily.
    I buy only too few games recently.
    Apple has done a really bad move in Japan.
    (30% extra cost)

15. solarnya

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    I finally bought this.
    Looking forward to playing after my work have done

AltsKev likes this.
  16. vivafringe

vivafringe Well-Known Member

May 10, 2014
    I've poured countless hours into this. Amazing game, I fully rec if you enjoy complex resource management type games. Some caveats:

- It's not really a card game, so don't expect one.
    - There are some minor visual bugs, and it's a battery killer.
    - A lot of the appeal is that the game is extremely complex and deep. But not everyone enjoys that kind of thing, especially when the graphics look like they do.

If you are on the fence there is a PC demo to try.

17. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    I want to confirm: Card Quest is not in you purchase history? It is not in mine but I know I played it. I'm not crazy. Thanks.

18. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    No, it wasn’t but I was able to contact the dev and they gave me a code for the new version.

19. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I had it on an old ipad so I sent them a screen shot.

20. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    After seeing the reviews on Steam, and seeing that it was about $10 less than the normal price on Steam, I took the plunge.

I'm not very far in, just on day 3, but it's amazingly interesting. I still haven't been able to start a fire yet, but I have a sheltered leaf bed, coconut sandals, an axe, a spear, and very loose stools...