Universal Cardinal Quest 2 By Kongregate

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ScotDamn, Jan 14, 2014.

1. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    I found the paladin and thief hardest ;-p

Mage = run away = few

Also on last boss, use mirror image, or slow (or fear) or anything really to keep the baddy away from you while you fire away from a distance :)

2. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Same here! I was actively fighting the final boss, had a Heal spell but it was stalled at 87% and I had already cleared the level out. I only had 1/2 health and the boss made quick work of me. :( Will get him next time!

3. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Hmmm good to know!

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I've got the hang of the thief, he's really fun to use

5. Pickman

Pickman Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2013
    What a great time to be a roguelike fan:) cq2 made it top of my list. loved the first one, and this is even better. I am so glad it has portrait mode and is generous with its ingame currency. I just wonder how the dev would make some money out of it. I would have payed 5-7€ for a game like this. But i am somehow reluctant to buy consumables.

6. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Has anyone tried the paladin experience perk for not killing enemies?

I have a kind of craving to level up beyond 9 and am wondering if it would be possible to do so with the perk.

7. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Badly in the need for different control options. I would love to see the Sword of Fargoal controls, absolutely hate having to move my finger all over the giant d-pad screen.

8. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    If I had one complaint about CQ2 - it would be the controls. It would be excellent if they implemented a simple relative directional swipe like many other RL employ.

Still by far the best RL that's come out this year.

9. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Off topic but manI just dont get it, I cannot get past the first act. I used all the different classes and got decently close with the thief and paladin but seem to end up dying near the end. Getting a little frustrated now lol

10. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Definitely! By far the best roguelike experience since SoF. I'm enjoying it a lot, I'm dying a lot :)

11. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I was like that too for a while. I think I ended up beating it originally with the fighter, after that it seemed to just click for me. I still die sometimes, but at least I unlocked all 3 acts. Definitely take your time with it though. Sometimes that's hard to do since it lets you haul ass if you want to. Also make sure you're utilizing your potions and items at the bottom of the screen. Those can be super helpful in a pinch. That and I always make sure to clear all the enemies before progressing to the next area, that way I know I'm as leveled up as possible.

If you stilll having a tough time, switch difficulty to normal/easy setting and open the acts that way. :)

12. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Agreed! Love SoF. :D

13. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Hmmm ok thanks man.

14. Plynx

Plynx Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    I would love controller support. This touch scheme is not designed for the iPad. My hand either has to stay near the center and cover at least 1/4 of the screen, or I have to move my whole forearm every action which is extremely tiring.

15. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    I had trouble at first too but then I started using my spells more. Use them every chance you get and avoid taking damage as much as possible. So far I beat the first act with fighter and mage. Stick with it because it is very rewarding!

I hope they dev adds a swipe control and confirmation before using items. My only complaints.

16. Xidus

Xidus Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Fun rogue-like. Ranger is my favorite right now, hit 'n run is so effective. Basic strategy is to always skip turns to ready all abilities before moving ahead. Use those abilities all the time.

Can never go wrong focusing on speed. Lets you run away if things go wrong. I noticed something when playing a thief, it seems if you get 2x the speed of a melee enemy you can hit him and he never gets a chance to hit you if you just alternate turns stepping away from him.

Game still has some bugs, hope these get fixed.

17. Nekizalb

Nekizalb Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Hawaii
    #177 Nekizalb, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
    I really want to get into this but it's crashing at the skill up screen on iPod 4 running iOS 6.x.x.

Otherwise, it's the best roguelike I've played since NetHack. Beautiful game, very well executed.

18. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    This is honestly one of the greatest games I have ever played on IOS. There is a bunch of classes that all have different playstyles, skill tree's, lots of gear, and spells. All wrapped up in an addictive way, this is a free game but in a way that you dont have to pay anything. No timers, no paywalls, I actually feel bad because I dont know how the devs will make any money. If you guys can grab some IAP for this man they deserve it no? I applaud the makers of this amazing game.

19. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    What does morale do?

20. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Morale is used to purchase other classes and starting perks.