Universal Cardinal Quest 2 By Kongregate

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ScotDamn, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Guys add me on Game Center if you havent already! The name is Amenbrother!!

2. Andyz

Andyz Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Nice game but...
    I must be doing something wrong because I haven't completed Act 1 on easiest level yet and using collected moral only seems to lead to minor starting upgrades.

3. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    I have got as far as 83% of 1-6. Still haven't beat Act 1. 4 attempts has netted me 7330 Morale. Contemplating what new class to unlock. Wonder how that compares to everyone else's experience?

Off that topic. What I would love to see in this game is a Morale doubler. I don't mind IAP, I want to give the devs some money, but really hate buying consumable IAP. Doesn't transfer to my other devices or if I reinstall a game to play later.

4. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #144 LordGek, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
    Maybe it's just my skewed view, but once you get the paladin's Righteous Force kicking in, you'll find not only can you probably clear the first act, but you'll be making stacks of bonus morale (basically this passive skill is a great room clearer, kill somebody and for the next few turns your getting critical hits which in turn lets you kill the next guy which starts the cycle all over again and nets you 20 morale each guy killed in this frenzied manner). I also was sure to stock up on divine skills as much as possible since he has ways to recharge them quickly and wizard skills I think damage him each time he uses them.

5. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Thanks! Sounds like a good place to start!

6. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Yeah, I tried that skill out since you mentioned it last and it's pretty badass. Basically puts you in beast mode.

7. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Man now this is a game! No stupid timers or paywalls, I swear lately I have been wanting to play some games like collectibles and lionheart but noooo I have to wait on a timer. This game has none and it has Game Center achievements and leaderboards which makes me more willing to spend some money on IAP.

8. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I'd like to give the dev some cash, but the IAP options seem so steep in a game where I could grind for far more morale in a couple of hours than I could buy for $5!

9. slothwerks

slothwerks Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

I wish the IAP was more like additional episodes (which I'd be more happy to pay for) but ended up spending $4.99 on morale anyway. I do feel like it's kind of a waste, given how easily morale comes, but wanted to show my support anyway.

10. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I might do the same. I love how even those alternative perks and/or loadouts really aren't necessarily better, just different (some even look MORE challenging than the default).

I bought the perk that made my mage a fencer and am seriously tempted to next snag the paladin's pacifist perk as that sounds like such a different way to play the game.

11. armilla

armilla Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    This game is really generous and an awesome Roguelike. Color me impressed!

12. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Any tips for using Thief? Stealth is a bit awkward in this and I'm trying to get the hang of it haha

13. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    The thief I found to be really fun. Work up yor speed and stealth. When an enemy sights you, move away and then come back so they are just outside yor field of vision. Use your shadow skill and then approach. As long as the - - is over their head, they don't see you coming.

The only downside with the thief is that the shadow skill isn't too helpful with the last boss; get some magic resistance and a good blade. Speed is really helpful.

The thief is good training for the ranger. I wish the dog would stick to me more unless I give it a command to attack though. Sometimes it engages when I want it to pull back.

14. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Love this game man....

15. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Me too. Liking it more than anything else that has released recently. :D

16. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Same here, addicted to it in a big way!

17. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Having trouble with one of the achievements:
    Leeroy! Log 10 deaths in the Heroic Record

Act 1 - 5 completes, 7 deaths
    Act 2 - 1 complete, 10 deaths
    Act 3 - 1 complete, 1 death

It's still not marked the Leeroy achievement as complete though. Do I have to get 10 deaths in Act 1? If so that's a pain because I'd have to score at least enough points (which you can't see in-game) to knock off the top 5 scorers, and then kill myself.

---

p.s. Mage is definitely my fav!

18. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Why can I not beat act 1? Been playing this a lot and cant do it :(

19. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Try using the mage for starters.
    - Throw a fireball as far as you can away from the enemy
    - If they don't die right away, run away
    --- to a safe area if available, not unknown area, until fireball recharges
    - throw it again until enemy dies

As you move forward, if you don't have a 'safe' area yet (previously explored), back away as far as you have explored, and hit the enemy when close if fireball not recharged yet.

Rinse and repeat!

20. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I have used all the classes and got the furthest with the paladin and thief. Thing is I think I was really close one time with paladin but died right beforehand.