Universal Cardinal Quest 2 By Kongregate

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ScotDamn, Jan 14, 2014.

1. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I changed the original post to display the app info properly and removed soft launch from the title. I think a mod needs to adjust it though.

It's a glorious day for roguelike lovers. :)

2. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Btw this game should be played on 'Hard' - the middle difficulty. I think the "normal" difficulty is designed for more casual players because it's super easy and seems to come with an extra life.

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
  4. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    #104 PBSNellie, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
    this was a sneaky surprise on a slow week…!

Just played a bit. The one thing I would change at this point is control options. Im used to controls at the bottom of the screen, not tapping all over. But I got the hang of it quickly.

5. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    All sorts of surprises today! :)

6. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Grabbed this...so far stumbling through my first game. Seems fun and fairly deep though!

7. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I agree. The controls could use extra options, maybe relative touch swipe..

But as they are it's easy to get used to.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    On rails space shooting mayhem, cute belly sliding and platforming penguins, and a dungeon romping roguelike fantasy rpg.

MY WEEK IS COMPLETE.

9. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Yes! Finally and much cooler than I even hoped. The freemium model scared me but, actually, the morale currency earnable in-game is decently generous.

10. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Decently is an overstatement, its been raining morale.

11. LousyHero

LousyHero Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Just played my first game. Played on hard and beat act 1 on the first play through, may be a little easy for a rogue like, but there is still suicide difficulty to try so that may be where its at. I got 5,870 morale from just that play through, that may taper off without some of the achievements but still seems very generous as far as currency goes. Overall im liking this one quite a bit, not sure if it has different maps everytime but with all the classes i think the replays will be pretty fun anyhow. Definitely one of the best free games i have played in awhile, going to have to drop some cash to show some support.

12. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Oh, this game is making me happy. Solid release so far.

13. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    I couldn't agree more! My 3 favorite releases this week. And I didn't know this was coming at all. Loved the 1st!

14. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I'm struggling with the controls, as I always forget if I'm supposed to tap above my character or in the invisible "top" of the screen. I've made a few too many mistakes because of that. Otherwise, this is a really great little Rogue-like and I'm happy it was published. I needed this!

15. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Wow. You're right. The dev must have adjusted and made the Hard difficulty easier... I just tried it and it seems easier. That kinda sucks. :(

16. Opinion

Opinion Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Really dig the game, didn't read theough the comments so i'm not sure it was mentioned but when you level up more than once without using a skill point and go to use it say your third level you're still left with 1 sp. unless it was made like that purposefully it'd be nice to fix that.

17. LousyHero

LousyHero Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Just played again. Got to the end of act 2 on hard, and died on the dragon. Was definitely a little harder on act 2, but still seems a little easy on hard. Currency is definitely generous, sitting at over 11k with just those 2 runs. Having a lot of fun with this one might have to bump it up to suicidal though. Not sure if anyone else has had this happen, but after beating act one i didnt get a leader board ranking. However dieing at the end of act 2 I did, not sure if this is a bug or if you dont get rated when you beat the act. If the later seems like an odd design decision.

18. Alc819

Alc819 Active Member

Jun 11, 2012
    This is a real gem here, came out of nowhere for me. Extremely generous with the currency for getting the new characters. Other games would make you shell out at least a few bucks for them.

19. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Almost too generous. Wish there was a way to tip them a couple bucks, cheapest IAP tho is $5.

Finding the Ranger to be unstoppable, thief on the other hand...

20. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #120 Cilo, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    I've been running with the Mage on normal and I don't find it quite as easy as some have said here. I've completed Act 1 at 86% clear (don't know what that means) and have been grinding away at Act 2 normal, which has been a challenge with the Mage.

I would also have to say that leech is pretty pointless, you can only do it to adjacent enemies (which is never a good position for a Mage) and the hp return isn't that great. Enslave works great though.