Universal Cardinal Quest 2 By Kongregate

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ScotDamn, Jan 14, 2014.

1. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Agreed! :D

I just wish it was playable in landscape..

No crashes on 5s though!

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Crashed on my ipad air, but at least there's auto-save at the beginning of my latest area.

I understand the need for a soft launch, so im hoping they work out the kinks on this one, and we easily have the best roguelike experience on iOS. It should set the bar for newer entries to the genre.

3. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Most definitely. I love the way each class is drastically different. So each time you try a new class out, you have to adjust your approach. This alone adds tons of replay value. Love it!

4. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    I've managed to keep a lid on the crashes, touch wood, by save and quit at the start of each new area and removing the app from memory. It loads again pretty fast so it's not too painful

5. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    This looks really good, I'm gutted it's free, I won't be able to play it. :(

6. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    If it's because it's free, you should check it out before passing judgement. The only reason I see IAP in this is for fast forwarding your progress. I honestly rather unlock it myself than unlock all the classes immediately - it's fun learning the different approaches each class offers. I'll probably throw them some cash though just because they deserve it.

7. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    This is really something special! I'm enjoying it more than I did the demo on PC and more than I did the original, which is saying something!

Had no crashes so far, though there's been some stuttering. Wouldn't minda D-Pad option but I got used to it with CQ1 so I'm sure I will here too. Is there any way to check what a skill will do before you unlock it?

Can't wait to unlock the new characters, as it is the environment change on the fifth level changes the whole feel; new heroes could change it up really nicely! Cheers for posting this!

8. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    It better be in the US now

9. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Grr, I assume no go tonight for the US?

10. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Bah. No US release.

11. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    )': y appstore y

12. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    Actually instead of soft launch this looks like is a beta at least for what it saids in the main menu

so far so good, but needs a few tweaks with the font and some UI stuff that are really small on the iphone

13. Ratzaroony

Ratzaroony Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Can't wait for this one! Cardinal Quest is one of my favorite iOS roguelikes!!

14. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    #55 PeteOzzy, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
    Just finished the first act and earned 5400 morale, so roughly £1.50. I'd say that's a fairly good indicator that the IAP isn't too necessary though obviously that could be misguided.

Seems that the beta only has the first act available but if it's any indicator of the quality of the rest of the game then I'll be a happy chappy!

If anyone wants a NZ account made for them, I'm happy to do it. The game is too good not to share! :D

Edit: Oh and you can check what skills and items do by pressing the magnifying glass at the top of the screen then pressing the item. God knows how I missed that one!

15. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Just grabbed from the Canadian App Store.

16. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Awesome game ! IAP is completely not needed as everything can be unlocked through normal play. I bought some IAP to support the devs.

This is my new favourite rogue like.

17. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    After they fixed the controls the first game was one of the best fast paced hardcore dungeon crawlers I have played, I finished the game with each character multiple times.

This game will be insta-buy, needless to say.

18. Rubyjourney

Rubyjourney Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Loving this, they fixed everything about the first game I didn't like and basically just blew my mind. Finished the 1 st act so far looking forward to diving into act 2 later today.

19. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    This better surprise pop up in the US in a few hours