Universal Cardinal Quest 2 By Kongregate

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ScotDamn, Jan 14, 2014.

1. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Wow thanks. I never knew that. I must have loads ! I do a new one for every game. Lol. Anyway I'm still stuck still I get through my credit till I can change stores so off to buy some things off the wish list !

Keen to get this on my device.

2. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're saying. :) All you need to do is log out of your current account. Then sign back in under a previously created NZ account. After you download your game, you can just sign out and go back to your default account. At least this is what I've been told. :D

3. wicro

wicro Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Scotland
    I just downloaded this off the UK store, although it does say "closed beta projector build", using the link at the start of the thread. So far having a lot of fun with it!

4. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Thanks ! Grabbed it ! ... At first I was confused because the link doesn't appear in the TA app. Fine through my browser though.

5. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Yep, I have nearly £100 in my main account, I wouldn't have risked it if I thought there was any chance you could lose it but I've dealt with switching accounts before in the past. Absolutely nothing to worry about as long as you know the sign-in details of your existing account :)

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #26 undeadcow, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    I was doing that for a while too; changing my address and region under one account but it sure is a drag trying to remember which apps were downloaded from which region (because the purchase is only good for that region and then you get locked in if there's any credit on the account, nevermind finding a region specific pay source to begin with). I now see the wisdom in creating a different account for a different region. ...Switching to a NZ region for good would sacrifice all previous purchases. I really wish App Store was more international friendly with multi-region access to apps (technically you have to buy the same app again and again for each country you "live in" under one account).

7. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    Available in Canada now, is it out worldwide?

8. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Downloading now.

9. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Nothing in the US. But my new NZ clone grabbed it. ;)

10. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    This soft launch nonsense drives me crazy as well :p , tiny dungeons & this look pretty good. Creating an nz account is a pain! Logging in & out plusit asks for a zip code and town. Been to lazy :p... Been ios gaming for years you'd think I woulda made one by now.

11. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
  12. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    This certainly looks like it could scratch that roguelike itch. The iap seems to be just a shortcut to unlock stuff faster, time will tell if we can earn enough currency through normal play to keep it enjoyable

I've had a couple of crashs on the second level. I'm going to clear my memory and hope it doesn't happen again. Ipad4

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nope... Still not in the PH appstore. Time to whip out the NZ account. Or maybe i;ll just use my CA account instead.

14. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    Crashed again on the next level, and the level after that. Ugh. And that was after a power of restart.

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I guess that's one of the reasons why this is still on a soft launch.

Which device you on?

16. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Any sort of high score tracking or hall of fame?

17. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    Im on an ipad4

Leaderboards are broken down into different acts, and there are friends and global leaderboards too

Attached Files:

18. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    No crashes here. Running on an iPhone 4S. Really enjoying it so far even if I suck (and usually do) at rogue likes. Touch controls. Lots of loot. Variety of enemies and lots of them.

Thumbs up!

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Launched it, and the very first thing i did was tap options... Then there was a square popup about 1 inch by 1 inch in size, and the sound and music sliders are.

I guess the game isnt optimized for ipad air yet. :D

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #40 Exact-Psience, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
    Ok so i played a couple "floors/areas" and i have to say... THIS IS A FANTASTIC ROGUELIKE.

EDIT: Ah... it crashed on the third area for me. iPad Air 7.0.4