Universal Cardinal Quest 2 By Kongregate

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ScotDamn, Jan 14, 2014.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Farrel-Happy? :D

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Its the thief man! Come on lol.

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ahhhh!!! The Tower is GREAT!!! Update/GREAT... New character/SUPERGREAT!!! Aaaaahhhhh!!! Thank you thank you!!!

4. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    I'm bad at this game. Can you suggest a class that's a bit easier to play so I can ramp up? Perhaps one that can heal on occasion. I don't mind supporting an IAP as the rest of the game seems really good.

5. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Wait what new class? Alchemist was in last update though.

6. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    Nice update! Forgot how much I was addicted to this a few months back.

7. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Oh, ha!

Well... New to me... =oP

8. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Fighter is your best bet for easy class. Thief is probably next.

In the long run, Alchemist is the most fun, but he's pretty hard to get the hang of. Not sure how I feel about pugilist and Paladin yet. But Ranger is garbage, imo.

9. Power Gamer

Power Gamer Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Ranger is super strong... How can you say he's garbage? :eek:

10. Legendary_Slayer

Legendary_Slayer Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Well the ranger does use up a lot of skill slots with class advancements, but I still wouldn't call him garbage. In fact, most of my best runs are with ranger.

11. Power Gamer

Apr 30, 2013
    I didn't play a lot of Tower yet, so I'm not sure if I should call this broken: it's very hard to get a decent Attack value for later floors. At one point, quite early (about floor 3x-4x) you have 25% chance to hit or lower. Which means you have to use skills and sleep stuff to hit anything. Which means chicken style until the skills are recharged. It feels like it's broken. Look at the highscore list. Mages don't need Attack, that's probably why they dominate the list.

12. Power Gamer

Apr 30, 2013
    Anyone else got any higher than Tower Floor 173? My game crashes every time it tries to load 174.

13. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
  14. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Hopefully this latest update better scales the other classes in Tower.

15. Retro Nug

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    I'm digging the new update and I love the Tower! Ranger is definitely my favorite class by far. To be fair, though, I haven't truly played alot of the othets after I started kickin ass with the Ranger.

I just need one more sample from a boss to unlock Alchemist.

16. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    I feel the archer and Mage are better than the melee classes, as they can dispatch most enemies without risking damage if played smart.
    In my opinion the Alchemist is terrible- but maybe that's because I hate relying on consumables.

Melee classes seem to rely heavily on gear to make a successful build, but archers and mages seem to have consistently good runs comparatively.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this game, but playing any game on an iPad in portrait mode is a real pain. I wish and optional landscape mode could be implemented!

17. Retro Nug

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    Ya hit the nail on the head about how ranged classes have better runs consistently. I'm saving up to unlock Gunslinger for the Alchemist to see how that plays. Seems like it could be something I'd like. Ranger forever tho!

18. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    One thing I do like about the alchemist is all of his load outs are interesting. Normally with other classes there's only one buff that appeals to me but for the Alchemist I can't choose between better crafting, and extra pistol or more legendaries!

I think Gunslinger would be fun, having two pistols sounds good, but I where does the speed required for reload time come in? Also what if there's an enemy next to you and you can only attack them with your explosive bullets (haven't actually tried the skill, so I could be wrong here)?

---
    Was just trying out the paladin in the tower and I think he must be my favourite out of the melee classes. It was going pretty well until I refused to use either one of my heal potions or my heal spell when fighting an ogre at low health. I cri evrytim :'(

19. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Just received an update with some tweaks

Spells have 'per-act drop rates', and you're not guaranteed to find all spells by the 30th floor in the tower...
    The scavengers prices drop slightly every 20 floors in the tower

Some changes to classes, skills, a new spell... The usual. =oP

Nice little update. =o)

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I really havent played this in a while, and when i needed a roguelike itch it usually is Sproggiwood since i got it. This update seems to be a good time to load the game again.