Universal Cardinal Quest 2 By Kongregate

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ScotDamn, Jan 14, 2014.

1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Oh, duh! Silly me haha

2. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Was watching the RL stream on Friday and it was revealed by the developer that skipping not only hurts your score, but also effects the XP gained from enemies. So you can exploit the design in this way, it just wont do you any favors when you're trying to score high. ;)

3. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Yeah what happens is 0xp monsters will start to spawn

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Wish the devs were here man, I would love some more classes buyable with IAP. Like Druid or Shaman.

5. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Just reached the last boss and died almost killing him, such an addicting game.

6. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Big time addicting, which boss like the one on the first map or the last one on map 3?

7. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Man I just scored high on the 2nd act but it didnt register against my friends list for some reason. Anyone else have this happen to them?

8. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Could someone explain how the achievements work in this game? It says I am currently rank 16 but when I look at the achievements for each rank, there are some ranks that I have completed that are higher than 16 and some that I have not completed which are lower than rank 16. How does it determine the rank?

BTW I absolutely love that there are so many achievements. So much replay value!

9. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    #189 JCho133, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    So is the Paladin more of a Faith-spell user in this, rather than a kind of warrior type with healing and defense buffing like in most other games? From what I've seen he seems more like the former

Hmm, I kinda worded that badly but I think it makes sense

10. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Depends on what talents you pick really. Consecrate will upgrade your weapon everything you level but are stuck with what you have when you pick it. Combine that with Righteous Fury and you have a melee powerhouse. Yes they prefer faith based spells (white border) as intellect based spells (red border) cost 2hp to cast.

I find they play pretty similar to the paladin you are thinking of. Hope that helps!

11. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    I believe you need to finish at least 2 of the 4 challenges (achievements) per rank to attain it. You also have to have to have attained the previous rank to qualify for the next one.

For example: Rank 4 (3/4) | Rank 5 (1/4) | Rank 6 (4/4) - in this case you would be Rank 4 as it stands. Once you complete a second achievement for a Rank 5 you would jump to a Rank 6 immediately. It's a little oddly worded for sure.

12. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Alright, thanks! I was hoping it hadn't lost it's melee focus and it looks like it hasn't

13. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    I personally think the thief is the best character.
    It is unbelievably easy to kill things as you walk up to them while invisible, hit them, activate flash bomb or slumber, or whatever else you want, really, and then kill them or retreat until you can become invisible again. Rinse and repeat for taking minimal damage.
    Also, wait until enemies forget about you before you attack them a second time, as they will have to wait a turn before trying to hit you.
    I don't know how I could beat act 2 or 3 without him to be honest.

14. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Yeah in my experience with Paladin classes, they're usually superior tanks, sporting high defense with minor heals and defensive buffs with somewhat lower attack ability. With this experience, the CQ2 Paladin is very different.

With the build Tango wrote, it makes the Paladin a crazy powerful class. :D

I've been playing the Ranger more lately. I guess they're all fun/good in their own way which makes this game beautiful, but I'm having my fun with him now. Between the dog and the ranged attack leveled up with a mirror spell it's quite effective.

15. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Ranger is my fav! And it's amazing HOW different the classes feel.

16. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Man I cant believe my score didn't register against my friends list leaderboard. I just beat act 2 and all kinds of achievements were popping up and I was thinking that's going to be a good score and I went to look and it was an old score I had :confused:

17. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    I find the thief to be the most difficult. I had a hard time beating act 1 with him but breezed through it with the other classes. Perhaps I need to try different strategies with him. Easiest for me has been the fighter which I beat acts 2 and 3 on the first try and act 1 on hard and suicide. However i am enjoying playing as the Mage a lot now.

So many classes with different play styles in this game. I love it!

18. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks for the heads up. I unlocked the thief and I am still stuck in act 1. Guess I'll have to try the other classes. I'm having a great time with this game.

@Devs: Are you thinking about a permanent IAP? (Coin doubler, for example).

19. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    The thief is ok but if you run up against a really tough guy or a boss you will have a hard time.

20. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I noticed that. I tend to advance a lot, but then a tough guy comes and I'm dead on three moves :(. What character do you recommend to unlock all the acts?