Universal Cardinal Pixel (by SIDE QUEST)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Dec 16, 2015.

1. SIDEQUEST.HK

SIDEQUEST.HK Member

Dec 18, 2015
    I am sorry for this! iOS devices with CPU which is lower than ARMv7s Apple A6 does not support some libraries/functions in the game, this caused obvious crashes on the "Team Edit" screen. Some user complained about the crashes, we must avoid any possible APP crash before submitting the update to Apple App Store.

Since this update is time sensitive, we have no choice but temporary remove the devices with CPU which is lower than ARMv7s Apple A6 in this version.

2. SIDEQUEST.HK

SIDEQUEST.HK Member

Dec 18, 2015
    THANK YOU!!! English is the default language now!

3. Enker

Enker Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Balls!!! Love this game but the new update won't work on iPhone 5c so after pouring some considerable play time into it I now can't play it any more :( any chance this is a fixable problem or is it only aimed at the newest phones now?

4. SIDEQUEST.HK

SIDEQUEST.HK Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Sorry, this is an error. We are checking on this, iPhone 5 & 5c should be able to play.

5. WVFryingPan

WVFryingPan Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Well it was fun for the one day I got to play it before the update made it incompatible with my phone (iPhone 5). So delete it I must. Well just read he message above I will wait before erasing, cause it's a pretty fun game

6. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Enjoying the game quite a bit.

I've got the latest version with Arena but still don't seem to be getting any kills for the event. I've won twice but I'm still at 0.

7. Enker

Enker Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    This is great news!

8. SIDEQUEST.HK

SIDEQUEST.HK Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Hi WVFryingPan, I am very sorry for the error. I feel very very sad for disappointing players, and we actually included iPhone 5 & 5c (AMRv7s CPU devices) in our binary. We are fixing this problem and will submit a new build at the soonest, please forgive us.

Sorry WVFryingPan, Enker, and all iPhone 5 & 5c users.

iPhone 5 & 5c are still good for playing games! They are not old!
    We will bring back to fun to you!!! Please wait for us!

9. SIDEQUEST.HK

SIDEQUEST.HK Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Hi Bohampscious, you have to use heroes' skills to KILL the other heroes to get the score in the "Cold-blooded Killer" weekly ranking event; beside killing, you will have to win the Arena battle in 12 turns in order to submit the score.

10. Carrotic

Carrotic Member

Nov 8, 2015
    #50 Carrotic, Dec 20, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
    Nice game! Is there any way we can view the hero's skill before we get them?
    Support from Hong Kong player

11. FoxyWoman

FoxyWoman Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Wow! Looks very nice.

12. Underwater

Underwater Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Atlantis
    Enjoyable, but has flaws

I've played it for a bit. It's pretty fun, but I'm not sure if it's polished enough for me to play again. The reasons for this are;

- There appears a loading ring basically everywhere you go. It's in my opinion noticeably slower than most other games that require an internet connection
    - Black borders on iPad Mini 3
    - Selecting magic is bugged. I can look at my magic spells in the database, but tapping and dragging on the spells when you have to select spells for a match doesn't do anything. I can't look at the description, nor assign any of the spells I got, so I have to stick with the basic magic spells, which is pretty annoying, to say the least.

13. SIDEQUEST.HK

SIDEQUEST.HK Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Hi Carrotic,

Thank you for your support!!!!!!!!!

For unlocked heroes, you may view their skills in Redeem Shop by tap-and-hold on the heroes. However, there is no way to view the skills of locked heroes. Let's discover the game!

14. SIDEQUEST.HK

SIDEQUEST.HK Member

Dec 18, 2015
    #54 SIDEQUEST.HK, Dec 20, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
    Hi Underwater,

Thanks for the comments.

We are going to fix it this week, it's server (database) problem. The number of players grow faster than we expected, but we will be able to enhance the performance on server soon.

Sorry for this. We had only 5 months to make this game due to lack of resource, there is no choice but sacrificing the display ratio other than 16:9 (the game is supporting Android devices too).

Thanks for the report, it's the first report about selecting magic. It is working for other players, and for me too. Does this bug occur every time when you go into the battle preparation screen?
    If it is possible, please try to let me know the flow for reproducing this bug; we will be able to fix the bug in a very short time with your help.

Thanks again for playing and sharing your suggestions!

15. Underwater

Underwater Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Atlantis
    Hey Sidequest, thanks for your reply!

Good to hear the waiting time is getting fixed.

I reinstalled the app, and it looks like it's better now. I have to press a certain skill for a few seconds to read it, and to move it. Not a big fan if this, I personally think it's better if I can just read what the skill does and move it in one tap.

One more thing, when I click on arena, the description says: "Weekly Ranking and Limited-Time event are held in Arena Mode, you" and then it gets cut off, so I have no idea what it's supposed to say.

16. SIDEQUEST.HK

SIDEQUEST.HK Member

Dec 18, 2015
    It's great that the bug does not occur anymore after reinstalling!

I agree! We will try to think on the improvement in the future build (the upcoming build will fix the urgent iPhone 5 & 5c problem first)

Fixed, the text is edited :D

Thank you very much for reporting the bugs and sharing your suggestions with us, we are able to make the game better and better in a shorter time with your help!

17. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Hi guys.

Having finished the main campaign now, I find that there is not much to do. True, there is the arena but it's not very exciting.

I think the problem is that there are very limited heroes at the moment and not much strategy necessary to win. I don't have to change from my team A for any reason. It seems like a lost opportunity as the game is a really good idea.

I would like to see tweaks in heroes so that you can build teams according to play style or synergy. The duel system also would be better if it didn't just match you with a low-level 80 HP player all the time. More heroes and more strategy would make this a much better game.

18. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    One quick suggestion: please allow users to swap vanguard on pre-match launch screen.

I don't care about changing my lineup, just allow me to change which of May characters is vanguard via drag and drop without having to go back to the Team screen.

19. SIDEQUEST.HK

SIDEQUEST.HK Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Hi Tonk,

The Arena mode is for the players who love race, and there is a Weekly Ranking with different topics in the Arena.

We will update the game to v3.0 in early 2016, there will be a new game mode which allows you to fight big monster with all your 5 heroes from the start of battle.

Please stay tuned, collect and train your heroes, study on the heroes' skills, for the tough battles in v3.0! :cool:

20. SIDEQUEST.HK

SIDEQUEST.HK Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Thanks Bohampscious for the great idea, we will try implementing this function in the next version!