Universal Card Wars - Adventure Time - (by Cartoon Network)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Vexka

Vexka Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Australia
    I too really liked this ep and thought "wouldn't it be cool if this was real??!" Well now it kinda is but.. I don't think I'm gonna pick this up... I don't really like the concept of 'TCG's' on touch.. (Not saying it wouldn't work well but I have no appeal for this.. :(

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Pretty hilarious if you get the reference.

[​IMG]

Basically in the game you can't use Jake against BMO ;)

3. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I can't believe this isn't out in the uk :p I want it.

4. markaman

markaman Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2013
    I really hope it is not a paid game with timers. I'm already mad that it hasn't come out yet. If it was free with timers I wouldn't be as mad, but PAID, that is unheard of.

5. seanvstherobots

May 9, 2012
    Musician
    Scotland
    Aww, was really looking forward to this.. Is there a way to watch this game so I can be updated on when it gets released??

6. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    It's a soft launch with screenshots on the store in italian language, a little bit strange don't you think? :)
    I'm pretty sure it will be released very soon, maybe today

7. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Another stupid Soft Release...
    They should get their own section on this board.

8. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    The front page article about last nights releases.

9. BZoetic

BZoetic Active Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Who in their right mind defends a frickin PAID game with timers? The ENTIRE point of my paying cash for a game is that I desire to play that game. I "try out" free games. I expect timers and IAP in those; that's today's marketplace and I understand. But if I've decided to part with ANY amount of cash for a game, I expect at that point to "own" that game and to NOT be told by you, the developer, or ANYONE exactly how long I'm "allowed" to play it.

It's an indefensible notion.

10. KillerSpecialK

KillerSpecialK Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Midwest
    Hang on, buddy. I'm on the phone with the doctor right now.

I explained your situation about how butthurt you are. He asked me on a scale of 1 to 10 how bad it was. I told him 10. He said it would be best to not buy this game and is writing a prescription for some ointment as we speak. Also, if the problem persists, you should remove yourself from the thread, as it is clearly not helping.

11. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I'm ~3 hours into the game so far and haven't needed to stop playing or buy anything.

12. BZoetic

BZoetic Active Member

Dec 13, 2012
    You got it, funny guy. You got it.

13. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Just get a strip of opaque tape. Electrical tape or similar. Tape over the top ~10% of the screen. Done.

14. BZoetic

BZoetic Active Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Before I unsubscribe and get on with my day I'll ask you, and it's rhetorical since, you know, ultimately I don't care. But there's other people in the thread who don't disagree with me so maybe it'll be instructive for them:

Whose rear are you trying to brown yourself on here? Are you scoring points with the admin? Are you hoping a dev is maybe gonna lurk the thread, like they do sometimes, and you want to get in your smoochie smooch early? Or do you simply enjoy igniting money?

Because we all know I'm right and your point is idiotic.

15. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

I've extensively played the game and haven't had a single issue with the timers or IAP being required on any level. You haven't played the game and are mad as hell that these timers even exist. Unless you're very bad, or require every single card in the game, it's not worth getting this worked up over.

16. KillerSpecialK

Jul 7, 2013
    Midwest
    In all seriousness, it doesn't seem bad at all. The half dozen people I have spoken to, Eli's comments in here, and the 4 youtube videos I've watched, it never comes into play. Like not even close. I agree with the general crappiness of the timer aspect, but in the handful of games I have played with them, almost none actually stop you.

It may be what was described earlier in the fact that developers add it in the extend the life of the game, it may be used to exploit stupid people and kids out of money, or it may be a way for the developer to earn some extra cash to add to the game. Not all cases and games are the same. I haven't played it, but after all the info and vids I have ingested, it seems this may be just a cash grab. Which doesn't affect me. If someone who is terrible at this, a dumb dumb, or just super duper impatient, let them spend money. So long as it doesn't directly force me to spend cash, it's all fair game in my book.

Is it super crappy of the dev to add something like this? Yes. Is this the norm for our mobile market? Yes. Will it stop me from buying this title? No. It's fine if you don't want to support this behavior, but this game looks well polished and has Adventure Time tied to it. I love Pen Ward and his team and am more than happy to support them and anyone who brings AT games to market. And I will continue to do this until they deliberately go out of their way to screw the fan base out of money. Doubt that will ever happen.

Just chill man.

17. KillerSpecialK

Jul 7, 2013
    Midwest
    If you're talking to me, I am brown nosing no one. I just hate idiots who spew hate for no reason and have no facts to backup their crying. You haven't even played the game.

Its worse than we thought! It's ok buddy, I'm calling the whambulance right now. We will get through this butthurt together. Hang in there.

18. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I'm not all that interested in the game and I'm sure the timers and IAPs may not be bad. But their mere existence in a $3 game is still a little insulting. I haven't played the game and maybe it wouldn't be an issue at all for me. But that doesn't mean it's not going to be an issue for anyone. IAPs for legitimate shortcuts are generally OK with me. But timers are nothing more than artificial road blocks and I just think there's no real reason to have them other than another revenue source. Timers to lengthen a game is the weakest excuse you could have. You shouldn't expect a 20 hour game for $3. And if the devs really think there's not enough content then adding timers is just lame.

Again, I haven't played the game so I can't complain, but their existence at all makes me think twice even if I wanted it -- regardless of how they may not be an issue. If they're not an issue, they shouldn't be there at all.

19. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Grrrrr I want to be playing this too :D

20. KillerSpecialK

Jul 7, 2013
    Midwest
    See, I partially agree here. And going into this, if I knew nothing of the game except for the fact it has a price tag and has timers, I wouldn't purchase until videos and impressions had been put out. Thankfully there is info and the timers seem trivial, so that pushed me into buying.