Universal Card Wars - Adventure Time - (by Cartoon Network)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 12, 2014.

1. KillerSpecialK

KillerSpecialK Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Midwest
    Glad to hear. Seems like the other card game I was talking about. The timer aka energy was there but it never hindered my enjoyment and I never hit a paywall. And the other card game was watered down but a ton of fun. Would be still playing it to this day if it hadn't got screwed in an update. No update has been put out to fix it in about four months, so the pro version was wasted money.

Mathematical! I'm so ready for this in a few hours. Hopefully it doesn't get pulled like other countries.

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

According to the first hour of gameplay, you'd need to either be very bad or very greedy with cards in order to need to buy anything.

3. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Pulled off from the italian Store.
    Could it be a soft launch?

4. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Thanks for the great explanation. I will definitely consider purchasing this game.

5. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Does not seem to be available on the US AppStore.

6. Patt

Patt Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 26, 2010
    Anyone have a link?

7. markaman

markaman Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Soo is it out or not?

8. o0oJAKEo0o

o0oJAKEo0o Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    It says it's out but, where is the link?

9. Xaintrix

Xaintrix Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    Need more than an hour to say the wall isn't ironclad. Been burned by the carrot that had the stick waiting a couple hours behind. Still, keeping an open mind and waiting for more feedback. No sense vilifying a game before it can prove itself.

10. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    If you read a little closer you will see that it is a soft launch, not coming to the US tonight.

11. o0oJAKEo0o

o0oJAKEo0o Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    #51 o0oJAKEo0o, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014

12. KillerSpecialK

KillerSpecialK Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Midwest
    This is total bum slops....so there is no chance it will be out sooner than this time next week?

13. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Not out... Hmm, well these smooth posers can lump off until it DOES come out! What to do in the meantime?... Okay, so want to go skin an evil bear?

14. sooz

sooz Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Seattle, WA USA
    This is supposed to release tonight in the US, right? It's an hour past the magic time...and it's not in the app store yet! ARGH!

15. Patt

Patt Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 26, 2010
    Where do I need to read closer?

16. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #56 L.Lawliet, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
    Ehhh.... Well I have it and... ehhhh.. I don't know what to say. The game is mostly polished (nice 3d!). Some splash screens look like they were made for the 3G, which I have no idea who beta tested it and didn't see those. And that app icon YUCK. Looks like 3G material as well. Someone really screwed up there. Good thing I have a JB so I just made my own with the bigger version of the icon. Hopefully it's fixed later on.

Gameplay is fun but pretty simple, at least in the beginning. Most of the cards I have don't have very much variation in abilities. Hopefully it gets better later. Freakin pig can't eat no cornfields!! lol. I'm waiting for my Cornhusker Knights so maybe later once fusion opens up we can see what variations in characters there are. But a big plus is the 3d animations of each card. I wish I knew exactly how many there were so I could say if it's a lot or not. I actually don't like the spin wheel mechanic for attack and defense because it makes me focus intensely every round instead of a normal, relaxing card game. I tried shutting it off and the game is A LOT harder with it off. So eh.

Timer schooled me after round 3 though I did some bonus rounds repeating earlier levels. Funny, you hit round 3 and the heart cost jumps to 2 per match already. Then stage 4 it goes back to 1 heart cost. What's the deal? But I did see my max heart increased from 5 to 6 but I don't know why. But it's clearly obvious toward the end of the game you'll be hitting some high heart costs.

The game looks great in length, the map is pretty big - however with that timer, it'll take you a loooong time to get to the end.

Btw gigantic size. I had to delete some of my favorite apps and some videos just to get the thing to install. It's slightly over 500MB.

I can answer some questions if you have any but keep in mind I'm not that far in and I still don't like those timers. I think I play at an average pace and the early levels took me around 5 minutes-ish a piece. So those hearts aren't coming fast enough.

17. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    So the hearts aren't lives when you lose, they are essentially 'energy' to actually allow you to play a match?

18. Keitch83

Keitch83 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Sorry for starting the whole iap/timers discussion,for anyone that enjoys card games/adventure time:this is a must. Highly polished and well done card game,love it.

19. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Yes. Which is what half of this thread has been arguing about :\ Basically it's a timer based game.

20. Buffy6

Buffy6 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    This is the only game I was looking forward to for the night. Oh well. Maybe Eli's Valentine's Day predictions will be better. Hopefully this will make it's way back soon.