Universal Card Thief (by Tinytouchtales)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Not sure what the gold is for yet but the higher the chest score the better potential to get insignia when you open.
    And insignia is used to then purchase better equipment at the shop.
    Gold may also influence this, but would need the Devs to confirm.
    Really enjoying the game, have also left positive App Store review.

2. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    It's out & only two bucks!?#

Bought of course!:D

3. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
  4. Tinytouchtales

Tinytouchtales Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    I'm awake guys!
    Very glad to see you all playing ;).
    Few quick answers i picked up.

Android in a month.

Chest can hold insignias, which you use to unlock equipment and the other heists.
    The higher the chest value the bigger the chance to get up to 3 insignias per chest.
    This is based on randomness and has no fixed rule.
    Chests also give you a treasure bonus, it's explained in the tutorial.

Trash items have no use right now, but we have a feature planned that will require those.

Guards will follow only if they get suspicious (?) or alerted (!) their viewcone icon then changes to an arrow icon that indicates the direction they will move. The only ever move one space.

If you run in an unsolvable situation, use pause -> restart. We will add a feature that checks for obvious dead ends.

Game is $1.99. I felt it was fair to make it cheaper than Card Crawl since content is not on par with it. When we add more features i will increase the price. For now it's $1.99 so grab it while it's (hot) cheap.

5. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    #85 sakara214ever, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    For anyone interested this is what i believe the best way to play the game is...
    First do the tutorial 1 or 2 times. Play the game sometimes. Then redo the tutorial. Then repeat till you have no questions unanswered. Trust me every time you play the game you will have many questions so doing the tutorial after playing 1 or two times will answer all of them. At the end of the turorial each time and after playing 1-2 times you will be like "AHA"!!!

6. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    What a nice surprise this morning. I'm exited for this for quite some time now. Card Crawl is so great. This was an instabuy for me. Glad I could download it through cellular even timhoughbits 132 MB. ��

7. TheRealist82

TheRealist82 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2016
    The codes from the twitter countdown only for entertainment or where can i use them? #
    Gratz for the next perfect Gameplay

I love it

8. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    @TheRealist82 the codes from the twitter countdown where all redeemed in like 5 secs after posting ;)

9. TheRealist82

TheRealist82 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2016
    Thanx for the info #
    And more thx for this Masterpiece

10. hengying

hengying Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I eager to play the new game, but I can not find it in Chinese App Store.
    When could I download it from Apple's App Store of China?
    BTW: I love Card Crawl very much too.

11. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    @hengying I'm sorry but due to the latest regulations in China, i'm not able to offer it in the Chinese App Store. I can offer you to give you access to test flight.

12. peecock017

peecock017 Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I refresh the Chinese Apple Store for all day and still cannot find Card thief. I feel really frustrated when I see your reply to another Chinese fan of your games. But I didn't hear of any new restriction about submitting new games to the Apple Store these days. I've got several new indie games during this indie game promotion so I wonder how those indie game developers submit their games to Apple Store if there is some annoying new restrictions. I'm dying for the awesome Card Thief and really look forward to seeing it in Chinese Apple Store.

13. Deadpan

Deadpan Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Don't blame the developer, I'm sure they'd release into the Chinese app store if they could. Without wishing to be rude China has some very funny rules when it comes to censorship. You seem to be implying the developer wouldn't want to sell their product and make money in one of the biggest markets in the world.

14. peecock017

peecock017 Member

Mar 20, 2017
    #94 peecock017, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    I guess you misunderstand my opinion or there is somethng wrong with my expression in my post. I definitely don't blame the developer at all. I know there are many weird regulations about censorship in China. So whenever a new regulation which may bring inconvenience to the developers comes out, the media and users may spread this out very quickly and discuss it or blame it. I don't hear of some new weird regulations these days so I really want to know why Chinese Apple Store does not approve the game which I want so badly.

15. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Curious why would this game even be censored? Because of stealing? Please say no...

16. Deadpan

Jan 19, 2010
    My apologies, I misunderstood your meaning in the previous post.

17. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    woohoo!! Late to the party here- absolutely loved card crawl. Can't wait to dig in. Btw can you gift games/apps?

18. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Really enjoying digging into this.

Question: Is there a way to access Game Center in-game to check achievements, etc?

19. Deadpan

Jan 19, 2010
    On the map screen you can click a flag next to the castles to access your high scores and the game center.

20. peecock017

peecock017 Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I don't know. The censorship of Apple Store is less strict compared to movies or something else in China. I think Card Thief is OK under the regulations. This is why I am curious that I cannot find Card Thief in Chinese Apple Store.