Universal Card Thief (by Tinytouchtales)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 19, 2017.

1. blKliZrd

blKliZrd New Member

Nov 30, 2011
    #481 blKliZrd, Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Having trouble with Rage potion upgrade

Maybe there is a secret to the wording of ‘pick up a value 15 treasure card’. I keep picking up chests that are level 15 but it doesn’t upgrade this potion. I have picked them up at 15 in the dark and in the light. Also picked up higher chests that contain stolen goods and whatnot that are 15 but i still cant seem to get this upgrade. Any help would be appreciated. Love the game though.:)

2. thevilnside

thevilnside New Member

Feb 23, 2018
    I'm stuck on increasing the guard values

I used focus potion, rage poison and blinding powder as equipments. I set the positions of guards. Once I saw the hide card, I kept shadowstepping a guard and the chest. But guards' values never increased for at least 15 turns. I don't know if it's because they were always in the shadow form. That's what I'm asking. If you look at the screenshots you can see the strategy I've tried. Is my strategy good? Can it be better and how will I increase the guards' values to collect more treasures? As you can see in the screenshot, if only those guards were at least 6 value, I would collect a great amount of treasure. Thanks in advance.
    (btw, before you ask, yes I used rage poison on 2 guards but that was not enough.)

Attached Files:

3. thevilnside

thevilnside New Member

Feb 23, 2018
    #483 thevilnside, Feb 23, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    Guild Symbol Strategy

I also think about an another strategy. I realized almost noone uses guild symbol but it can actually work well. till late game, we don't care about the treasure. we just set the positions of the guards(to transform them into treasure) once we see the chest and the hide card, we just shadowstep a guard and the chest for at least 50 turns. then we take the hide card. after that we use guild symbol on a 5 value guard.(the guard must be adjacent to the chest for the maximum value) at this moment, all the other guards must be transformed into treasure. so, we won't lose stealth on the path. we use focus potion for the maximum value. the value of the path reaches 7. we already got 10 stealth from that hide hard. also we played Cloak. We are 18. Also at that moment there can be a sneak card on the board but lets say there is not any. our traitor's value was 5. the value of path is 7. 5*7=35. our stealth is 18. 35+18=53. we collect a 50 value chest, it means 50*7=350 treasures.

4. aju

aju New Member

Apr 15, 2018
    Basic question

So im relatively new to this game and it is quite difficult to get even behind some very basic game mechanics. This game is about treasures right? Is there any use for treasurepoints except the highscore? So far all that allows some kind of progress was in the chests and even those seem to contain mostly useless plunder (ok, it has a cooler name then "plunder") on lower levels. Do I miss something here?
    Also there are these door-cards. Do they have any effect or are these just empty spaces on the board? A FAQ or useful tutorial from the developers would be great. The game feels like it has great potential and if I read the previous posts it seems to be quite strategic but the start is just a mess :(

5. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    The latest update now supports iPhone X. :)

6. Anon945654

Anon945654 New Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Here's how: "sneak past" in this case means remove these cards from the board whilst they are not in the light. ie traverse over a wolf, owl, and overseer, whilst they are not adjacent to a torch and you have enough stealth to take em out.

That doesn't work. I would also like a clarification on how to upgrade blinding powder lv3.
    I have gone trough all of them with shadow walking, when they where light up, when they where dark (water arrow on overseer), I have try going through them all from their back when they where dark. NOTHING WORKS. Should we walk next to them without touching them without being seen? or being seen without being caught? I have done castle owl like 100 times for the past 3 days and repeat over and over and try 100 different things and I still can't get the upgrade, bug maybe?

This game needs to remove the VAGUE descriptions in the cark upgrade requirements. One thing is giving hints without clearly saying how to upgrade a card, but another is using vague words like "skean past" that makes it impossible to upgrade the card.

Has anyone got lv 3 upgrade on blinding powder? Please share how you got it.

7. Anon945654

Anon945654 New Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Just did blinding powder lv3 upgrade by luck without trying after trying to get it on purpose for the past week.... here is how I think it works: You don't necessarily need to remove the cards from the board (I not 100% sure but I think I didn't remove remove the overseer and still got the upgrade) though removing them also works, you can't walk over a card from their back /blind spot) either in light or darkness (I think that counts as a back stab which is not the same as a sneak so it doesn't count) you can't walk over them with shadow walk or it doesn't count, you can't use water arrow on overseer or blinding powder on anyone or it doesn't count (they need to have their eye sight in perfect state) you can walk over them in any order (you don't need to do wolf owl overseer in that order like the card text says) you need to walk past them or next to them without triggering a "!" mark and maybe without triggering a "?" mark, can be done if they are in light or shadow. Meaning, you need for example to diagonally walk over a wolf, as going from their back back doesn't count and going over them from the sides would trigger a "?" as they can hear you. So, wolfs you either need to start right next to them or walk over them diagonally (maybe starting next to them doen't work, maybe moving diagonally over the 3 of them is the way to go). Owl is the same, as wolf, diagonally walking over them is the way to go. You can walk over other cards (i did something like owl, torch, wolf, X, and sneak card) I don't remember what the last X cards was, could have been an overseer, that I must have trigger a "?" or could have been a treasure. And overseer for sure I trigger a "?" so, i think you can kill them or leave them alive as long as you don't get a "!". So, maybe walking past owl, wolf and overseer without killing them and only triggering a "?" could also work. Hope this info is useful to some one.

8. Stopokingme

Stopokingme New Member

Jan 24, 2020
    Male
    Cart Thief is great, but the Buy button doesn't seem to work... How can I buy this game (so I can unlock chests faster :) ) Im running on Android ver 10 on a OneTouch7 Oxygen OS 10.3.0

9. Nuyo

Nuyo New Member

Oct 9, 2020
    Some people there got 100+ and even 500+ value chests. Is it actually possible or is it some kind of bug? Or is it a so tiny chance that people somehow got some skills and a lot of luck?

10. JDuff

JDuff New Member

Jan 9, 2021
    Hi,

How do I use a hideout character?

I have selected Jay, the screen shows 'Contract time 23h 10m 06s" (evolving...), I can see the Jay character card in a slot on the Equipment screen, but when I start a heist I still have the default Thief (not the hideout character).

Thanks.