Universal Card Thief (by Tinytouchtales)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 19, 2017.

1. JRJulius

JRJulius Member

Oct 22, 2016
    So this is a dumb question, but how do you actually play with the new characters? I can get into the Hideout and can see the character descriptions, the high scores, and the quests but I can't seem to actually start the game. The character portraits just show question marks. Is this a bug or user error?

iPad Mini 4, iOS 10.3.3

2. Tinytouchtales

Tinytouchtales Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    Well each thief shows a requirement on the board that the goblin is holding. You need to full fill these to hire a thief.

3. SubZenzo

SubZenzo New Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Moscow, Russia
    Thanks for the game! I've just started playing. Just want to mention a few problems (well, I know that Android development is a mess and possibly it was mentioned earlier - can't read the whole topic, sorry!).
    - The battery runs out very quickly
    - After the update it became slower, sometimes it just doesn't react and I have to kill the app
    - Two times with the new thief I couldn't find "Chests" and "Equipment" buttons at the Guild Master

And two questions regarding upgrade quests:
    - "Move into an Overseer" from his backside". I tried a few times in a Daily Heist, both shadowed Overseer and not from the directions he was not looking. Is it a bug or I need to do it in the regular castles?
    - "Shadow step 3 enemies in one path". I made 3 yellow Guards (shadowed and looking the opposite direction) but still it didn't work. Do I miss something?

4. Tinytouchtales

Tinytouchtales Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    @SubZenzo

- try energy save mode from the settings
    - could be device specific, not sure here
    - if you enter the guild master from the hideout you can only switch equipment. You need to enter from main menu to look at chests.
    - The overseer has no backside as long as he has two sight directions
    - Shadowstepping is when you have 0 or less stealth are in the shadow and the enemy is in the shadow as well. Then you won't remove him but just swap position.

5. SubZenzo

SubZenzo New Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Moscow, Russia
    #465 SubZenzo, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    Power saver mode is on. I guess it can be my phone.

I tried. Not sure, may be the other thief was still activated
    Actually I thought of a possible solution and it worked. Just couldn't do it in Daily Heist due to some missing equipment. Now I've reached the last castle and it was not a problem
    Thanks, will try doing this

6. Turboguard

Turboguard New Member

Aug 30, 2017
    So is it not possible to do 3 upgrades in one round? I picked up a 15 value treasure, picked up treasure and escaped in one move AND got a value of about 50 stolen goods but only got unlock for pick up treasure and escape in one move. Now that’s annoying

7. qetuol

qetuol Member

May 29, 2016
    hello

when can be the new version expected for Android?

8. SubZenzo

SubZenzo New Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Moscow, Russia
    #468 SubZenzo, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    It's live.

BTW Tinytouchtales, found a bug in both Card Crawl and Card Thief for Android. You just cannot buy a game lol. The links seem to lead to Apple Appstore, not Google Play. In Card Thief it says "check your Internet connection" and in Card Crawl - "couldn't connect to Appstore" and no Android users call Google Play like that. BTW#2. Do I get right that in Card Crawl you cannot activate other modes and new cards (I have activated a few but now it doesn't allow me) if the game was not purchased? Or it's a bug in Android version? Thanks!

Upd: One more thing: it seems that the decks for contractors are limited. Twice I tried to beat the Highscore (it was 3-5 gold from the top), and there were no new cards! So after the Exit was shown and I make the move, there were only two cards: the Thief and the Exit, placed in the opposite corners so I couldn't make a move even if the cards were adjacent. The game however was responding, so I could restart the Heist

9. JabbatheFox

JabbatheFox New Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Leader board issues

I'm really into this game, it's a real departure from the things I normally play but it's got me hooked. The new update is beautifully thought out.

I just wanted to raise the issue of the game's leaderboards, becasue they haven't been working very well for me. On the the four standard maps, I've managed to get scores in the top twenties, even top tens, but they have never shown up up on the leader boards. With the new thieves, I'm sometimes getting a score that should be in the number one spot. After the game, the board clears, it shows it's uploading the score, but then I'm shown a leaderboard without my score. It's getting kind of frustrating and sometimes I feel my motivation to play is diminishing because my scores don't always register, especially after a game where I've had to think so hard my brain hurts ;)

Playing on Android, HTC 10. Always logged into Google Play without issue. Any chance this could be looked into?

10. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Are the cloud saves in this game using Game Center? Reason I ask is I don't really use Game Center and planning to switch it off completely using the feature in IOS 11 when I get my iPhone 8.

11. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    What do you gain by turning off Game Center? You don't have to use it, but it doesn't cause any problems either. You can turn off all of its notifications and still have it installed so you can use its features.

12. Turboguard

Turboguard New Member

Aug 30, 2017
    How does Focus Potion work? I’ve tried it but don’t understand what is happening? Seems like alot of people doing raids from hideout are using it so curious how to benefit from it.

13. JabbatheFox

JabbatheFox New Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Focus potion increases the multiplier number that you can see at the top centre of the screen. With all upgrades complete you can get up to a 3x multiplier with the potion, although it'll only work for one turn (you place the card on your thief to activate it). If your thief is in the optimal position - any of the corners - and you manage to use all cards with a multiplier arrow on them, you can get up to a 8x multiplier boost in one turn. If you're picking up a high value chest in that turn, you can get a huge amount of treasure.

With that particular hideout heist where if you clear the deck you can a +1 to the value of your equipment cards, it's possible to get the focus potion up to a 6x multiplier. If you pick up a chest from the optimal position, you're looking at an 11x multiplier. I've scored over 600 doing that, although some other equipment cards have to come into play to get the chest up to a high enough value to achieve that.

14. CTFD

CTFD New Member

Sep 30, 2017
    What do the chests at the bottom of the main screen do? It says I have 11/20 but every time I try to click on that button nothing happens. (I have the paid version.)

15. F4cepalm

F4cepalm New Member

Nov 29, 2017
    I've got a sneak card with a negative value, allowing me to increase the value of some equipment cards. Bug?

16. F4cepalm

F4cepalm New Member

Nov 29, 2017
    Also, that's the amount of chests you have to have gotten in order to unlock that area on the main screen. Once you've gotten 20 chests, that area will be unlocked.

17. MulDeR

MulDeR Well-Known Member

May 22, 2017
    I finally bought this one and i must say without hesitation that Tinytouchtales has become my absolute favorite dev for mobile. I already own Card Crawler and Miracle Merchant (both awesome), but this one is simply amazing. I was hooked for the very first game. Amazing new twist for a card game an also has a really nice depth. Hope that thay keep updating it. I will buy every game from this dev. Quality games!

Anoik likes this.
  18. Spyder_Hawk

Spyder_Hawk New Member

Jan 3, 2018
    Love this game, stuck on equipment upgrades.

I picked this game up recently and I absolutely love it. I do wonder if anyone knows a location where someone has a quick rundown of what to do for some of the equipment upgrades. I browsed the thread and found a few I can use, but there are still some I can't find answers to like lockpicking the exit in the light. Thanks for any help. :)

19. DarayX

DarayX Active Member

Nov 13, 2017
    Will there be a release on China...Big fan of Card Crawl, looking forward to playing this one too...

20. Nodnarb518

Nodnarb518 New Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Hi all, apologies if this has been answered but how do you get treasures off the Wardens? The water arrow quest requires 10, i've extinguished, blinded etc and he doesn't seem to drop any treasure even when he is yellow.