Out Now Card of Darkness (by Zach Gage)

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Sep 17, 2019.

1. PlinthEastwood

PlinthEastwood New Member

Mar 4, 2018
    @stfj, is there a change of buying this game in (the near future) via the regular iOS Appstore?

2. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
  3. stfj

stfj Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Male
    nope :(

4. stfj

stfj Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Male
  5. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    This game is too random. No skill at all. I choose the straight line i get killed i try to open the more beneficial paths from another line i get killed also. I tried the first level with two floors almost 30 times now and no matter how i use the sword or how i try to reach the end i get killed. The lack of a proper tutorial and the randomness of the game make it unplayable to the point it becomes frustrating. Too many beautiful games in Apple Arcade to bother with one that does not even explain the basics.Deleted.

6. Mathiastheninja

Sep 22, 2019
    That's great news, can't wait!

7. Lukerrr

Lukerrr New Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Male
    Is there somewhere I can get
    More info on the mechanics of this game??
    Example; what does putting an enemy to sleep do? I only half understand being cursed and what about being stunned? Ahh! I love the game, but I’m struggling because I can’t properly strategize because I don’t have all the information I need!

8. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Late to the party, finally got around to playing Card of Darkness.
    Great game, love the unique mechanics and upgrade options.

Hope to see an endless mode along with new missions / content.

Nice job, thanks!

9. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Loving this! Just like Card Crawl and Card Thief. Beat 11 levels, can’t figure out when to use flee potion.

Very colorful game. Purposeful grinding that levels up potions and skills.

10. stfj

stfj Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Male
    [​IMG]
    Hey everyone!
    Card of Darkness' Chaos Zone expansion was just released!

Here's what's new and some of my thoughts about it:

The Prophecy frog beckons — welcome to the Chaos Realm!

Enjoy this brand new adventure through procedurally generated dungeons that get harder each day of the week.

Save up your gold to collect (and upgrade!) Cards of Darkness to help you in your quest to defeat a Sunday Dungeon and become the richest hero on daily leaderboards.

In addition to all the enemies and items from the original game, in the Chaos Realm you’ll:

- Encounter 5 brand new enemies!
    - Mix things up with the Cursed Blade, Bravery Potion, and Greed Chest!
    - Wield three bizarre new Chaos spells!

---

I’ve been thinking about daily dungeons for a long time — ever since Doug Wilson and I proposed them for Spelunky HD!

I love dailies and the rhythm of play and concentration they inspire. Often beating a roguelike feels completely impossible at the outset, but playing once each day can establish a habit of deliberate practice that improves your play step by step until one day you triumph.

For dailies in Card of Darkness I wanted to go beyond one singular tough objective, so we pulled something in from traditional pen and paper daily games like Crosswords — the notion of week-long difficulty curves.

Perhaps you can beat the Monday dungeon, but how quickly can you amass the cards and skill to beat a Sunday dungeon? See you on the leaderboards!

Rocco SE and bx59 like this.