Universal Card Monsters: 3 Minute Duels (By MU77 NETWORK TECHNOLOGY)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jul 13, 2017.

1. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Wow! I should have checked this game out sooner.... this is BRILLIANT!

2. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    lets see by pages 9-10 its worth skipping nothing to do with the game at all really, popcorn anyone?

3. Hero Killer Id

Hero Killer Id Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    XTYAHD

Please send me a guild invite I'd appreciate it.

4. Mistrija

Mistrija Active Member

Jan 31, 2014
    #104 Mistrija, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    You theoretically might be right but as someone stated it's a free digital CCG with IAPs, they HAD to make some sort of monetize anyway, to make it all worthwhile. How do you think they can pay developers and stuff? In advance? Or they should put tons of adds maybe? MTG is far from free and u still can get mana screwed but still they paying their artists don't they? Instead of investing in resolving mana or others flaws...
    So I really can't agree on this one that IAPa are unafair. Actually comparing CM to many other free CCGs I'd say it has very generous IAPs.
    Would you make different (bankrupt secure) monetize strategies, and how?

5. Artifex 28

Artifex 28 Active Member

Apr 13, 2012
    Very happy to hear that you have been enjoying the game. :)

I suppose it's a great/easy access gateway to digital card games.

6. Mistrija

Mistrija Active Member

Jan 31, 2014
    I actually get your point. As if you talking about Hearthstone or even MTG, but so far I haven't seen that much of it in this game really

7. Cigarekt

Cigarekt Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2016
    XTXAG2

Please send invite

8. Mistrija

Mistrija Active Member

Jan 31, 2014
    It's less grind forcing CCG I've seen so far.

Isn't being matched against higher card troublesome in every CCG regardless of anything?

9. Artifex 28

Artifex 28 Active Member

Apr 13, 2012
    There are plenty of DCGs out there that monetize in less gameplay advantegous manner. Essentially - any major one. It's a design flaw in Card Monsters. The game still MIGHT succeed, but I'd bet money that it'll end in the 70% rating bracket at tops after few months, due to issue mentioned.

I definitely would approach monetization from the: money grants you permutations, but not straight up power -angle. In Card Monsters you cannot compete unless your cards are as high level as your opponents. The card leveling is the issue. No matter which card it is, you'll need to level it up for max efficiency.

There are no deck archetypes that would perform well enough with non leveled/easy access cards. That doesn't apply nearly as strongly in most of DCGs, eg. HS, Eternal, Duelyst, ES: Legends, SolForge etc.

10. Artifex 28

Artifex 28 Active Member

Apr 13, 2012
    #110 Artifex 28, Jul 18, 2017
    Glad to hear it. Secondary English after all. #

I hope that DCGs in genre succeed and spread overflowingly. I'd say it's my favorite genre out there. Thus I felt very let down by Card Monsters as the high production values and great base mechanics are "wasted" due to the P2W aspect. Thus the saltiness.

MTG is extremely P2W as well due to pure access limitations, but let us stay at the digital card games for now...

11. Artifex 28

Artifex 28 Active Member

Apr 13, 2012
    #111 Artifex 28, Jul 18, 2017
    No, since most games gate access to certain higher ratity cards, which when properly designed, aren't stronger in terms of straight power, but grant new deck permutations via interesting card mechanics instead.

Players with access to those cards can build decks you can't, but they should be just different - not better.

See the difference in design in Card Monsters?

The grind comes from the fact that unless you pay, you are forced to grind A LOT just to reach the same level, which in CM is major advantage (vs other DCGs where it's mostly deck permutations, not raw power).

12. Mistrija

Mistrija Active Member

Jan 31, 2014
    But Hearthstone was far from perfect in the beginning and I quit playing it for a long time not so long ago exactly due to things you talking about this game.
    Some other games you mantioned...neither is perfect, on some I can't say because I do know how to find them ## ... yet to compare?
    Let's wait, who knows...you said your presumptions about future, it's too early I think.

13. Artifex 28

Artifex 28 Active Member

Apr 13, 2012
    I don't like HS or ES: Legends either, due to certain cards being behind a paywall and the outcome feeling extremely coinflippy. The sheer amount of play permutations is rather low in any given moment.

Faeria is bit better. Same with Krosmaga.

Duelyst I'd recommend for anyone who's not gonna be intimidated by the skill check the mobility on the map presents. There are a lot more possible plays, thus skill plays a larger role.

14. heroex77

heroex77 Member

Apr 5, 2015
    Made a guil, name is Stacked. Id is 10442, my id is xtyb2c

15. MintCity

MintCity Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2016
    #115 MintCity, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    Artifex, how long have you been playing Card Monsters? I'm genuinely curious. I respect your opinion on the other DCG's and CCG's you've mentioned and agree with most of them. I especially agree with your suggestion of Duelyst! It's my favorite DCG of all time! You will have to add me in the game! You know your stuff.

However, I have played Card Monsters for around 6 months (because of the closed beta) and I feel as though my personal experiences with the game are drastically different from yours. Honestly, the massive grind to upgrade cards that you keep mentioning has simply not been there for me. Keep in mind that I have only bought the 0.99 deal for the legendary+pack bundle.

Events and daily wins throw runes out to you like candy. If you play and win only 4 matches a day (1 challenge/event and 3 arena matches) you can obtain those aforementioned runes each day. That's not including any daily quests that reward you with runes. You can max out cards at a surprisingly quick pace, aside from legendary cards. Legendary cards (as they should) take a bit more time to reach their max level. Most cards max out at level 4 or 5, which makes the process even faster.

If someone payed, yes, they quicken this process, but honestly, not for long. It's a very temporary advantage that is primarily avoided due to being matched with similar deck power levels. Sometimes you do have an occasional unfair match where someone has a better deck but I've consistently beat people that had almost double the power of my deck. I am almost certain that most of them payed for cards/runes. This is just my honest and firm opinion/experience with the game and wanted to share it with you! #

16. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Is it just me or is everyone running purple/yellow builds? I know not "everyone" is, but sure seams to be the most prevelant.

17. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I've still got all four colors, technically, with one blue and one yellow. So far purple and red are the go-to's based on what I've received so far

18. MintCity

MintCity Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Purple/yellow have some popular cards for beginners to start with because of their low rarities (easy to obtain) and higher stats. Some of them definitely fall off later down the road though. That could be why you see so many!

19. Faemanx

Faemanx Active Member

Dec 9, 2011
    i use an iphone 7. multiple failed login attempts. very poor and frustrating. deleted until its fixed.

20. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Yeah, I'm getting this non-stop now too. VERY annoying. And, when I finally can login, and try Arena, it's just hanging...