Universal Card Monsters: 3 Minute Duels (By MU77 NETWORK TECHNOLOGY)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Artifex 28

Artifex 28 Active Member

Apr 13, 2012
    Game starts good, but turns to be TOTAL pay to win (for advantage) bullshit. The game is essentially a snowball generator.

Too bad. Could have been good.

2. Asdone

Asdone Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    I strongly disagree
    It's a ccg so skill is required not only while you play but also when you create and upgrade your deck. And upgrading is really important in this game. So far I have spent 1€ on the game and have 2 leg but they are not as strong as my rat king at level 4 for expample

3. Cigarekt

Cigarekt Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2016
    #83 Cigarekt, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    I don't get people complaining every F2P game to be P2W. Are you that smart that you deserve to win every game, let alone without paying anything? Even the whales do lose games once in a while..

Matchmaking puts you in the range of similar deck power in your rank bracket. Most of my losses were against decks with lower power. Some boiled down to luck, some were my mistakes, and if their monsters overwhelmed mine by a far margin then I just shrugged and started another match. It's just a loss, nothing else.

Post your deck here and we will evaluate what's wrong. Check your replay to see why you lost and tweak necessarily. Join the discord server on the Facebook page to get more tips. There are a lot of helpful people willing to give feedback about your deck.

Do you rate every free online multiplayer game with one star? These devs clearly do not deserve that, man. This is a well-polished game which is very balanced (as of now) and these devs are very generous. 10 daily packs yet people still complain. I'm recommending this to all my friends. Here hoping this game would exceed Hearthstone one day.

Yeah, you clearly haven't played Kongregate's Family Guy CCG. Now that's what you call P2W. You can only do so much in a day because there's timer for everything.

4. Mistrija

Mistrija Active Member

Jan 31, 2014
    I haven't spent a dime so far and I'm in Big Arena lvl 14 while the character is at lvl 16.
    I do not feel like there's a pay-wall, yet.

Some mistakes might be due to upgrading some cards too early and there is no way to "re-invest" that runes in cards better for a long terms.
    My complaints are just because I'd happily pay for this as premium but i surely understand developers going for freeware of course, they did awesome job in every aspect.

5. MintCity

MintCity Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Seems like many people agree with my ENTIRE statement as a whole. It's my opinion on my experience with the game (and CCG's in general).

6. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Negativity aside (the arguments are so last year), I'm happy to start a guild for the TA crew though I'm not entirely sure what benefits a guild brings......let me know if you think it's a good idea, unless someone else has already done so.
    Cheers

7. CamZer0

CamZer0 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    It costs a lot of gold to start a guild... but if you start one I'm in! The guild I'm in is very quiet. I'd prefer more player to player interaction. I'm Cam in game so hit me up with a message or on the forums there.

8. Mistrija

Mistrija Active Member

Jan 31, 2014
    #88 Mistrija, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    Well, than all is # s and # s ###

Btw, I absolutely support simplified approach such as three slots, no player to defeat (but just deck/creatures), no summoning sickness, no complex turn sequences (as main phase 2) - you have to play boost before attack and that's it, and all other lovely tweaks that were mentioned earlier in comments.

But, being a MTG player since 2004, the only thing that lowers tactical range too much, at least in my opinion, is that there is no default intermediate counter damage by defenders. (Only as 50/50 chances ability boost).

Also I somehow co-related some real creatures that fly with ranged attack abilities (which is not the case in some cards - griffin and sky drake both melee, comes to mind also as foxes, lobsters and spiders; having ranged) and have issues not only in deck building but in duels due to time limit I way to often pick up a melee card instead of ranged one, and vice versa. ###

9. Mistrija

Mistrija Active Member

Jan 31, 2014
    #89 Mistrija, Jul 18, 2017
    There's no space to type "TouchArcade" in the guild name field. Benefits... having more fun?

10. Pagan Fox

Jul 20, 2012
    Yes, just found this out.
    I have created the guild and it's called TA Crew.
    Invite only and I've send out some already.
    If you wanna join just message me here or in game.
    Enjoy.

11. CamZer0

May 8, 2012
    XTXJJT is my ID

I'm already in a guild... not sure if I need to leave my current one first? Would appreciate and invite

12. Artifex 28

Artifex 28 Active Member

Apr 13, 2012
    #92 Artifex 28, Jul 18, 2017
    And there you can see the issue. Skill doesn't really matter. It's about grinding. And you can get past that via money. Thus pure P2W. Even Hearthstone is a LOT less P2W than this is.

13. Artifex 28

Artifex 28 Active Member

Apr 13, 2012
    The issue is that upgrades are needed to remain on top of the game, thus money grants a ridiculous advantage over skill.

14. Artifex 28

Artifex 28 Active Member

Apr 13, 2012
    #94 Artifex 28, Jul 18, 2017
    It's very simple.

Play against a mirrored deck of yours. Now add an upgrade level advantage on the other deck and you'll see what the issue is about.

You can play perfectly, but it matters nothing as you are brute forced via decks of higher card levels.

Having eg. That 4-5 base attack over 1-2 less is just HUGE.

I have played card games both on physical/digital media since 3rd edition of MTG. Over 20+ years. The fact that a game has EVEN worse P2W going on, is no excuse.

Card Monsters isn't soft P2W anymore. Meaning fair. It puts players in such different corners, depending on card levels.

15. Artifex 28

Artifex 28 Active Member

Apr 13, 2012
    #95 Artifex 28, Jul 18, 2017
    Anyone claiming the game doesn't have pretty much most prevalent Pay (for advantage) to Win of all MAJOR card games around there, simply doesn't know what they are talking about. It is NOT up for debate of any kind. It's pure math.

Card Monsters requires extreme grind due to card leveling, which plays a massive role in the game.

Put two similar skilled against each other with mirrored decks, and the one with higher card levels is going to always win.

You'll see the power creep around arena lvl 18+.

Match outcome is most about: were you matched against higher cards or not? That's far from enjoyable in my books.

Play eg. Duelyst instead.

16. CamZer0

May 8, 2012
    I'm not very good at these types of games in general. I tried Hearthstone and it quickly overwhelmed me. So many things to consider. This game has stripped back (dumbed down) games like that for me, to a point that it is enjoyable to me. I've spent 99p on a promotional pack and nothing else. I'm level 10 in the arena and am having fun. I'm not arguing that there may be a pay to win element, I'm just not seeing it affect my enjoyment yet. I will check out Duelyst...

17. Cigarekt

Cigarekt Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2016
    #97 Cigarekt, Jul 18, 2017
    I don't know man, but you just ignored all my points just because you had 20+ something years experience on CCG and replied me with a case that has 1% chance of happening. In that case, you will have disadvantage, but you won't lose by default, unless you surrender. There is still a chance to win, albeit slim, but you just nullified the number because the ccg you've been playing didn't teach you anything about randomness.

You are given a lot of resources to upgrade the cards you like up to lvl 5 for common, 4 for rare, 2 for epic/legendary. The in-game event is too generous to give you all of them.

Just because you played a few games and lost most of them doesn't mean it is P2W. What are your cards? What have you upgraded with the resources you have? I asked you to post your deck, but you just kept crying even louder.

Just because a CCG has a card-upgrade system doesn't mean it is automatically P2W. Sure HS doesn't have any, but I can always spend 100$ and make a meta deck to crush all these new players. 100$ won't even get me all the expansion cards, too.

Go promote your beta game elsewhere. What a troll.

18. Pagan Fox

Jul 20, 2012
    Added as friend but yes you have to leave current guild to get new invite or join.
    Hope that helps.

19. Asdone

Asdone Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    I'm also a clash Royale player and if I want to upgrade to max a common unit I have to spend more than 100 bucks.. in this game I already maxed 1 card spending 0.
    Anyway any ftp game needs to monetize in some way and card monsters is not a money grabber game

20. Elensil

Elensil Active Member

Sep 22, 2015
    #100 Elensil, Jul 18, 2017
    Add me:)

in game ID is XU3P93