Universal Card King: Dragon wars (by CROOZ)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    No, I sunk and bought the $5 bundle. Got some decent ones out of that, they hit disgustingly hard.

2. pepsodont

pepsodont Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2014
    The game is awesome, but I get a hardware lag every 10 second or so, which is really annoying. I'm playing on iPhone 5, so maybe that's the cause.

3. aricall

aricall Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Tattooist
    Having a ton of fun with this one. Even bought the $5 bundle pack. Got a legendary and 2 epics at least. Just one thing can you make it offline as well somehow please???? Lol.

4. cloudmd

cloudmd New Member

May 8, 2014
    Looks like a hearthstone clone. Yay or nay?

5. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Not even close.

You pick a team of 5 creatures, and each creature comes with an assortment of cards. Each time you attack with a creature, you draw one of its cards. Attacking and casting spells with cards all cost varying amounts of energy, so you can't spend all your energy casting spells and also attack with all of your creatures every turn.

It's actually pretty cool, and a much different playing experience than Hearthstone.

6. aricall

Jun 16, 2009
    Tattooist
    Yeah nothing like it. I've been enjoying it more than hearthstone lately

7. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #47 Vovin, Jul 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
    This game is really really great! The tension is fantastic and the graphics gorgeous... but I am starting to hate (yes, hate) it.
    It crashes often when I start a game (happens in the dungeon even more often) and I lose my tickets for fights. Absolutely annoying to have one game and then waiting for hours for the energy to regenerate. I am close to deleting this... :/
    It's better than Hearthstone in my opinion, but at least I can play Hearthstone constantly, without this energy crap or crashes. This game also has a high pay-to-win factor. Put enough money in to beat your pvp opponents easily with mega creatures. I've also experienced lots of server disconnects, no matter if I play on Wifi or 3G or LTE. A little disconnect is enough that you lose pvp battles instantly. Hearthstone re-connects you to game, this game always smashes a "DEFEAT" into your face. That could have been done much much better, if you look at Hearthstone. I won no pvp battle because of this so far. And where is the fun when your opponent puts out a big fat dragon, which can defeat all of your own creatures blindfolded and single-handed?
    I don't care if this game is the editor's choice on some Appstores. As much as I love the quick, exciting gameplay, I can't recommend it because of the issues I am experiencing.
    I also tried to buy the $5-starter-pack, but then there was a save game conflict and the server did a reset to an old save and my purchased package was gone.

edit: uhmm... now the game asks me to pay 250.000 gold to upgrade a creature from 4-stars to 5-stars... what? Shall I grind 250 battles now? Wow...

8. Rika

Rika New Member

Jul 19, 2015
    Great Game but im stuck

I really liked this game. One of the few RPGs i would reccomend. However im stuck. Ive completed 3 battles and unlocked the store. However..the store keeps saying please connect to the internet. its stuck in a loop..anyone has gone beyond this point or am i the only one stuck here.

ive checked my connection several times..also put myself on wifi. But it still seems to be stuck in a loop.

I think the game needs to have an option of skipping tutorial after the first game.

9. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Try quitting the game, log out of Appstore, restart device, log into Appstore, start game. Should fix it.

10. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Anyone know how you improve passive skills?

Also, any min/max strats for leveling units? I know same class nets more xp but should I be evo'ing feeders before using them to fuse?

11. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    I've not had any crashes but I had a bunch of server issues a day ago although not nearly the issues you've had. They did address the server problems, albeit a very short message, in a in-game email.

As far as PvP, I won the only two games I've played so far but I did go against people with similar tier creatures so maybe I was lucky. If you are getting outclassed in PvP, especially at the start, then that is something KFF should look into. My guess is since all the creatures auto level in PvP mode, the opponent probably put his 4/5/6 star creature in one slot and filled the rest with 1 star creatures which is cheap if that is what happened. I would also contact support if you spent money for the starter package and were not able to spend your goods.

12. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Is this game somewhat similar to Card Wars Adventure Time? That's the only card game I've been hopelessly addicted to and have been looking for something to give me the same feeling.

13. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    I've never played the adventure time game so I can't comment there, but if you're wanting to know if you'll enjoy this game, then why not just try it?

14. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    I second the call for offline play!

Etherlords does this well, but it wouldn't work for the realtime PvP part of the game. It would be great for the campaign though, and give people something to do when not hooked up to WiFi.

15. KFFDavid

KFFDavid Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Hi Vovin. Sorry for the issues we had over the weekend. If you lost the data on your $5 starter pack, pelase contact customer support in-game and we'll do our best to correct it.

As far as the balancing issues, we're closely looking at PvP balancing and gold prices. It's our first weekend so we're still sorting out what needs to be tweaked but your feedback helps a lot. When we get an update out, I'll include a changelist that will address some of your concerns.

16. KFFDavid

KFFDavid Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Hi smes, we actually made Card Wars at Kung Fu Factory! I was the Lead Designer on that project as well. Dragon Wars is different but we implemented all of the experience we acquired making ATCW. I think you'll enjoy it and its free so give it a shot!

17. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Really enjoying this game. I thought it would be one of those "try for a couple of days, then delete" type of deals like so many others, but I'm quite hooked!

My only gripe would be the weight restrictions. I have two creatures in my team just sitting at max level because if I evolved them now I would go over my weight limit and break my team.

Plus, the weight restriction discourages spending, at least early on. There's no point in blowing a bunch of gems to try and pull a five-star creature, because I wouldn't be able to use him yet or I would have to drop too many creatures from my team to fit him in.

I can't say I have any other gripes about this game, though. I do get this repeated "swish" sound effect that loops continuously the desert looking tables that is kind of annoying, but not a big deal. But other than that it's been great! Haven't experienced any of the crashing problems that others seem to have (I'm on a 6+). Really loving the style and artwork, the personalities of the different characters, and the overall theme. The strategy is surprisingly deep, and judging by some of the passives I've seen on the higher star creatures, it looks like it will only get deeper.

This one's a keeper! :)

18. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Oh wow, really? I'm definitely giving this one a shot, then. Thanks!

19. aricall

Jun 16, 2009
    Tattooist
    Great game still having fun. Haven't experienced any of the crashes or anything yet. But could a offline mode for the campaigns be implemented? Also the weight limit for creatures seems to be a bit low I think. I have several cards I can't use at level yet because of it. Still lots of fun tho.

20. lazywiltion

lazywiltion Member

A brand new card game mode. Like this.