Universal Card Hog (by SnoutUp)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Mar 22, 2021.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Battery drain looks good so far! I only had a bit of a chance to play but my device didn't feel that hot. I'll try playing more this weekend to check again.

2. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    @SnoutUP Know I‘m late to the party but would be great if you had another code lying around? Favorite videogame pigs are definitely the ones from Bad Piggies where - unlike the other games in the franchise - they aren‘t the "victims" to those Angry Birds and get to shine for once ;) Would definitely leave some impressions if I enjoyed the game

SnoutUP likes this.
  3. SnoutUP

SnoutUP Well-Known Member

Party is still going! Sent the code :)

Gambler likes this.
  4. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #44 mastery51, Mar 28, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
    If the party is still happening and there are still some codes to spare.

I think my favorite game pigs would be the pigs / werepigs from don’t starve. They are friendly and useful companions but some times their aggressiveness is needed too.

SnoutUP likes this.
  5. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Very addictive game! Two playthroughs so far and I feel as if I barely scratched the surface. I like card based dungeon crawler type games anyway and looks as if there‘s tons of content (weapons, boosts, upgrades, bosses, etc etc), replayability and variation here.

Also happy to report that I don‘t have any of the battery drain issues others reported before the update (playing on an iPad though, no idea if they are/were iPhone specific). Anyway, great title, as someone before me already mentioned, it has this "one more try" feeling to it - Looks as if I‘m gonna sink a lot more hours into it :)

Thanks for the code @SnoutUP, would’ve easily been worth the 2 bucks price point.

SnoutUP likes this.
  6. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #46 mastery51, Mar 28, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
    Thank you @SnoutUP!! I gotta say this is a fantastic game so far!! Just like @Gambler said very addictive. Replay value is really high. I can easily see myself playing this for days without end. This game will for sure stay on my device. Love all the little details and card reactions, like using a mind control card on a zombie ; ). $2 bucks for this game would be totally worth the purchase.

7. SnoutUP

Card Hog updated!
    • New playable character
    • Multiple new cards
    • UI improvements
    • Bug fixes
    Also, for a few days the price is lowered by 50%!

Unordinary and Ijipop like this.
  8. SnoutUP

Card Hog is FREE for a few days!

Echoseven and AltsKev like this.
  9. SnoutUP

New update is live!

Featuring:
    • New FLAME ESCAPE game mode
    • Two new bosses to hunt down
    • Multiple new cards
    • Standard bug fixes & UI changes

dukat111, elcrazy and AltsKev like this.
  10. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Was happy to see an update. I had finished everything. I lol forward to jumping back in and getting through the new content. Although that may be a while with my current games and fresh backlog lol. But nonetheless happy to see this game still getting support and updates it deserves.

11. SnoutUP

Glad to hear! I can assure you that more content and various improvements are coming.

12. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Finally picked up Card Hog.

Excellent game, played similar games but this has some unique qualities that make it stand out, may be my favorite of the bunch.

Please add landscape support for iPads and cloud sync if it’s not already in.

Looking forward to more content and enhancements.

Thanks for making a great game, and extra thanks for not making it a freemium ad game. Glad to pay for upgrades to support you.

elcrazy likes this.
  13. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #53 ste86uk, Nov 30, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2023
    Just seen this reduced to free with no iaps but couldn’t find a thread here for it so thought I’d share it.

Haven’t tried it yet but looks like a card based dungeon crawler.

14. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #54 ste86uk, Nov 30, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2023
    Just had a little try, it’s like a grid of cards and you swap places or collect the one you tap so quick and easy to use and works portrait mode, good for those that like one handed.

So far I’ve seen some enemies, mini boss, traps and upgrades and it seems more things to discover as you go finding new items and consumables. Died and it looks like you have a bunch of other classes to unlock I counted 8 total they seem to have different cards associated with them. But not sure how they are unlocked as it just says keep playing.

I didn’t love it, but I’ll give it another try sometime.