Universal Card Dungeon (by Playtap Games, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Aug 30, 2014.

1. luvfoxy

luvfoxy Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Is it worth getting this now since there's a bunch of crashes, font too small and etc....

2. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    #162 nosoup4crr, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
    Crashed 3 straight times upon portaling out of 7-3.

7 times now. Whatever happens upon finishing the game is causing a crash.

3. Wisely

Wisely Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Had a good run, gotten 12 knowledge gems and managed to unlock all remaining good and minus traits. Problem is since player can only use 1 good and minus trait at the same time there isn't much benefit even after I managed to unlock all the traits.

Would be good if a player is able to use more trait after certain pre-set achievement.

4. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Aaaannd crashed, deep in a dungeon.

5. jonwilf

jonwilf Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    The amount of crashes is ridiculous. I've given up on it until it's patched.

6. actionrpg8000

actionrpg8000 Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Disappointing that we haven't heard anything back from the devs about the myriad of issues people are having. I was trying to wait on reviewing the game to see if we would hear anything about what they doing.

7. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Is it possible to zoom out?

8. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Confirmed, always crashes when you use the final portal. This game needs better testing.

9. CardDungeon

CardDungeon Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Hey everybody.

Thanks to all of you for taking the time to report all these crash bugs. Very sorry for you all having a subpar experience. We have a patch in the works to help with all the crashes and I am currently testing it. It should be submitted to Apple this week.

Thanks for your patience!

10. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Glad to hear a patch will be submitted soon.

11. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Great to hear. This game is actually quite fun. Hope that the save anywhere and resume state is also implemented!

Cheers.

12. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Not 100% sure some cards are working as they should. Have had the demon from summon demon turn on me and start attacking me (now debuffs from enemies to make it do that), also had convert heathen convert a sand goblin guy and three turns later (converted to fight for me) he was throwing sand in my eyes. Great.

13. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game is great. Yeah bugs need to be fixed, but don't change the mechanics!!!

Incidentally there is no way to skip areas earlier beaten with a new game right? Just want to make sure not missing anything.

14. CardDungeon

CardDungeon Member

Aug 30, 2014
    The cards that convert enemies only last for X turns. I will double check the text on those and make sure that is clearly stated.

15. CardDungeon

CardDungeon Member

Aug 30, 2014
    You are not missing anything. It wouldn't be a rogue like if you could skip areas. :)

16. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Sure but that doesn't explain the demon targeting me? Doesn't the demon dissappear when it's turns are up? As for convert heathen, I can't recall exactly when it started, but it seemed like as soon as it came out of the 2 turn pause phase. I'll leave that one.
    But for sure, the demon was attacking me.

17. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Card Dungeon devs, thank you for responding to the crashing feedback Also, if you could take note of some changes saphhire and others propose on page 15 of this thread and prior, and let us know if you plan to consider any of those too, it would be great. Mostly everyone should agree that if you work on some issues and give it more content, from a potential 5 star game it will become a 5star game!

18. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    I think the game is good, even very good. But there are some things that can improve, most of them already mentioned here on the forum. What certainly should be modified is a basic attack, so you can focus on other cards than attack cards.
    Thank you.

19. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    I don't think it needs a basic attack, it's up to the player to mange the cards how they want, maybe having three cards would unbalance the game as it hasn't been made for playing that way?

20. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    #180 Talbs, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
    Perhaps a basic attack card of like 1 or 2 Damage that either never breaks or takes twice as long or 3 times as long or whatever to break. That'll still take up a card slot so it'll be up to you whether you want the safety of that or something more substantial.

Ps sexy pirate: in your signature, you might want to consider "formerly" and not "formally". Just a courteous heads up.