Universal Card Crusade (by Pollywog Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Feb 26, 2019.

1. hazmatte

hazmatte Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Ah, thnx.

One QOL suggestion... several times I mistakenly hit the ‘end turn’ button by mistake when I was trying to dismiss an info box. That can be a deadly mistake... maybe you can make it so that the end turn button is disabled until the info box is dismissed.

2. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Another suggestion;
    Can you add somewhere the description of your characters Power Ability into an ongoing game.
    I keep forgetting it and there is no way to see it unless you start a new game.
    Expecially frustrating when you have a few characters unlocked.
    I suggest it could be added to the characters description window that appears when you tap on the characters icon on the top left of the screen.

3. lincolnb

lincolnb Member

Feb 26, 2019
    Male
    Developer
    United States
    Not a bad idea — however for the time being you can actually click anywhere outside of the info box to close it, doesn’t have to be on the little X!

Good suggestion, I’ll make a note of that!

4. lincolnb

lincolnb Member

Feb 26, 2019
    Male
    Developer
    United States
    It's been a few months and I keep forgetting to update this thread, but since March we have made TWO major updates to Card Crusade! Here are some of the changes, some of which are taken directly from everyone's feedback here:

First update (we did this one in May):

- Moved the "end turn" icon to the bottom of the screen
    - Made a bunch of balance changes, including making Pitcher consumable and nerfing Headbutt
    - New dungeon floor layouts, including a "wheel with spokes" layout, and an "orderly" layout
    - Added a new feature: signposts with helpful tips! They are scattered throughout the dungeon
    - A themed card background for each floor
    - Track which classes you've beat the final boss with in the Character Select screen

Second update (recently came out at the end of September):

- Glory levels! After you've beaten the base game (beating the final boss with all 8 characters), you can add additional difficulty modifiers for more challenge and higher scores.
    - The Leaderboard now shows the contents of your deck as well as your final score

In addition, we released a desktop version of the game based on the May update on Itch.io, and set up a Threadless store for merch that we sell at cost.

Check it out and let me know what you think! Feel free to leave feedback on this thread, or on our Discord server or Twitter.

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  5. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Currently free.

ste86uk likes this.
  6. lincolnb

lincolnb Member

Feb 26, 2019
    Male
    Developer
    United States
    That’s right — Card Crusade will be free for the next seven days to give people who are holed up at home something to do ;)

7. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    That’s great, I’ve give it a download. Who wouldn’t when it’s free? Very kind too.

8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Thanks for pointing out that this was free I just spent some time with it and I’m really liking the game and will definitely spend more time with it. Looking forward to unlocking more character classes, I’m still on my first run and it’s going well but even with it being my first run I can tell this game is going to be fun.

I love that I can stop and save at any point that’s always very helpful to have on iOS.

9. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Excellent game, really loving it.