Universal Card Crawl (by Arnold Rauers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Tinytouchtales, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Finally bought this game. Won 2nd game with 68 as score. I like it.

2. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    You take a random card from the deck if your backpack is empty. You also have a high chance of stealing a monster card from the deck which doesn't work the way I though it would. I thought you would be able to steal a monster card and then use it against enemies but nope, you basically have a monster in your backpack which you also have to kill. Steal isn't that great in my opinion unless you really like to gamble.

3. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    #143 MasonHurst, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
    I'm just not going to unlock that one until they come out with the update. I skipped to one of the next - I forget which.

But yeah I'm like you... Not sure of the details but know it doesn't work right. So why add the aggravation if a fix is coming?

--------edit oops I see someone has answered but that doesn't sound like it's actually bugged. Hmmm.

4. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Its no aggravation its just me being curious :)

And the money i give in my bag are only used for the highscore right?

5. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I tried to produce it again but not yet, so now i'm wondering having a stolen monster in my bag - can i throw it away into the shop-box?

And thanks for the video.

6. Tinytouchtales

Tinytouchtales Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    Hey guys great stuff.

Steal, when fixed, can be very useful because a monster in your backpack doesn't need to be killed. It can remain their until the end of the game, which means you can bypass a 10-Monster with a bit of luck.

The Shield/Sword pair bug is on my list right now. It's a strange bug that slipped through until today, where even i saw it the first time my self. I will submit an update for that as well maybe tomorrow.

7. Mack the Knife

Mack the Knife Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    @Tinytouchtales,

i don't speak for everyone (bet i do) but wanted to say that all these suggestions and comments about the game aren't criticisms or meant to point out shortcomings, they're merely intended to try and make a great game even better!
    [​IMG]

8. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    True dat

9. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I wish there was a story mode, like Card City Nights.

10. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    #150 PoloBaquerizoH, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
    Bought this game thanks to PT game review.., addictive!

11. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    More helpful spellchecking (at least I hope it's helpful and not annoying) : every time the word "equiped " is used it should be "equipped".

I sure like this game. Slowly adding new cards is a great feature I've enjoyed.

12. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Can someone PM me at least and tell me what the last three cards do? I saved up a thousand coins and can't decide whether or not to try the Midas scarf, morph, or fortify.

13. rompokus36

rompokus36 New Member

Dec 1, 2013
    My experience so far on my iphone4 iOS7
    - the game crash eventually
    - cannot use the card after you swipe
    - steal item slot cannot use
    - very laggy

14. Rebusmind

Rebusmind Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Game Designer
    Berlin, Germany
    #154 Rebusmind, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
    I would buy Midas Scarf, which turns any card into a money card with the same value, so you can transform a Souleater into a 10-gold card. :)

Today I've managed to get 111 gold in Constructed Mode, which is my personal highscore so far. What's yours?

15. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I feel like the game right now is an extremely solid, if basic, foundation. There's so much more that could be done with the existing concept. I mentioned this once before, but having challenge dungeons with different monsters and equipment would be very cool. I'm an rpg guy, so would love to see a campaign of some sort, but that would be a lot of work, and might get away from the current design.

Great game, though, despite some flaws (but then, how do you call an up winnable position a flaw when the same thing happens in solitaire most of the time...), and well worth the couple of bucks to anyone that likes card games.

16. Tinytouchtales

Tinytouchtales Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    Hi guys,

again thanks for all you support!

We've submitted an update today that will fix the major bugs regarding the ability cards especially the "Steal" bug. We also improved the shuffling so that impossible situations shouldn't occur that often anymore. We like the tight/hard balance, but if you are getting 8 Monsters in a row it's just not fun. So we hope to see it being released in the coming days.

17. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013

Nice! My high score so far is 80. Still perfecting my style against the randomness.

18. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Just got 84. Had just unlocked Betrayal.

19. HeadRush

HeadRush Member

Mar 15, 2015
    Game crashing

Hey everyone, so i just bought this game some hours ago and i must say it's really fun. The only issue i have with it is that it keeps crashing randomly, and for some reason the leaderboard just won't load, even tho my internet is fine. I'm playing on an ipod touch if it changes anything(the newest ones). Anyone else experiencing this ?

20. Mack the Knife

Mack the Knife Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    @Tinytouchtales,

any chance this 'We've submitted an update today' might reset anything like total gold or cards acquired?