Universal Card Crawl (by Arnold Rauers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Tinytouchtales, Jul 30, 2012.

1. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    This was a game I was anticipating since the developer first previewed it in these forums and the release is no disappointment. The presentation is simply fantastic and the game play is fun.

The game play seems simple enough to understand but there seems to be a good amount of depth too. Right now, I have played a handful of games and won one. The challenge going forward is to figure out strategies to bump my high score. While it seems that luck plays a huge hand, hopefully there are tactics to overcome a bad draw. It will be fun figuring it out.

2. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Having put a fair bit of time into it this morning my only concern is whether it'll get a bit repetative given that the only reason to keep playing is to unlock new cards.....

Having said that its a game I can see staying on my device for a long time even if it eventually only gets picked up every now and then.

3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Can one STEAL a monster card?

4. Tinytouchtales

Tinytouchtales Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    yes you can steal monster cards. There is one bug tho when you let the monster attack the player, the backpack is still occupied. We have submitted a fix for that already :).

5. bluermlou

bluermlou Active Member

Jan 12, 2011
    good times, great game!

6. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    If you guys ever made a physical copy of this game I'd buy it instantly. I love the artwork and gameplay. And I am a HUGE boardgamer.

7. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Really great game, played about an hour straight last night.

8. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    to the dev, so i boughtthis game and its great but i am kinda frustrated in using the card" killing blow" . can you pls explain how to use it? as since i got the card, i never succeed in killing one monster. it always missesno matter yoy try to use it on any types of monster. thanks for helping. besides that, the game 成awesome.

9. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    So, just to avoid that bug, how am I supposed to deal with a monster in my pack?

10. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    We did some merch cards just for fun. But a real game would be awesome aswell. ;)

[​IMG]

11. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    @Stevencarla damage a monster with a sword first

@LordGek put it on a shield or leave it in your backpack.

12. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #52 LordGek, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
    Does it remain occupied just until the next draw or it really clogs the pack the rest of the game? Can I use a sword on a pack monster?

Where do cards discarded by some ability go? I mean are Vanished, Exchanged, and Sapped cards all put back on the bottom of the deck or does it vary?

13. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    No you can only play it on a shield or the player, or leave it there which obviously brings other complications with it but is possible. Playing it on the player has the bug tho right now.

14. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Whoa. Where do I send my money to for this? :p

15. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Darn you're quick, not sure if you then saw my followup question edited as you answered my first part:

Where do cards discarded by some ability go? I mean are Vanished, Exchanged, and Sapped cards all put back on the bottom of the deck or does it vary?

16. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    Always to the bottom of the deck. So you are likely to encounter them in the end of the deck.

17. Riggy

Riggy Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    This was an instabuy for me last night and I love the game. Any more cards coming our way in the future?

18. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    We have some ideas for the first updated including some new cards. But it mainly depends on how the game will be received aka. how much we can earn from it. Our dev budget is pretty much exhausted ;). So telling a friend about it will help a lot.

19. Riggy

Riggy Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    I would gladly pay for an expansion pack that added new main deck cards, perhaps monsters and equipment that could be swapped out? The player would have to maintain a specific ratio of monsters to equipment? Fun game, hope to see it grow! :)

20. brainbag

brainbag Active Member

Sep 11, 2014
    It starts out pretty fun, but gets repetitive really fast. There's so much luck involved and so little strategy to figure out once you have the basics down. There's many ways some minor bad luck can screw you long-term, but almost no ways to actually use any long-term strategy to mitigate it. After an hour I'm done forever until they expand it and add some kind of deeper strategy. I created my own disappointment by getting too excited about it.