Universal Card Crawl (by Arnold Rauers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Tinytouchtales, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Tinytouchtales

Tinytouchtales Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    @trystero All Quest unlocks, Dealers and Avatars, are visual alternatives. They do not change the gameplay.
    If you are looking for different challenges you should try out the Deck Merchant. There are some pretty good Dungeon Decks in there already. I personally can recommend The price of Greed 12AFK and 277HOF the terrible 3 or something ;).

@retr0spective Nice suggestions, i have not yet seen the Royal Assassin nor the Four Tombs one. Obviously for playing with a real analogue Deck i suggest playing Scoundrel too.

2. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    #482 zen_mode, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    That was a tough daily today. Rank 13@64. Same rank as yesterday. Had to sacrifice 5 life just to not exit. I can see the highest score is only 79 so was definitely a tough one today.

Ok that's it for my daily dungeon commentary. Will avoid posting more in future :)

What I would I to see is the number of participants that completed the daily dungeon. Maybe it's burried somewhere and haven't looked hard enough but would be a nice feature.

3. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    I made it in top 10 today (for now 8. with 72 gold). Had to sacrifice life for redraw too.

4. Recs

Recs New Member

Jan 7, 2016
    I have this bug as well on Android in any mode I play.

5. Recs

Recs New Member

Jan 7, 2016
    By the way, I have unlocked all the cards and characters up to the assassin and the alchemist dealer as well, but I can't find a way to change my dealer in game. It is always a wooden hoerni with a couple vents as shown in the picture I quoted in my previous message. I tried selecting the dealer in the quests menu as I do with my avatars. Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?

6. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Try turning off the battery saver option in the settings.

7. zen_mode

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    #487 zen_mode, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    It seems that the deck responsible for most top scores is a difficult one to apply effectively. I'm having a tough time surviving let alone getting the kind of scores on the board with it. Definitely not a deck for everyday use, but one that needs multiple things to line up to get the apparent synergy from it. Granted I've only used it a few times, and it's wildly different from the kind of deck in used to.

Edit: ok it's not so bad now, just wasn't used to it. Still it's amazing to see the kind of scores people have pulled off with it .

8. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
  9. zen_mode

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    #489 zen_mode, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    Wow, very nice to have that information available. The way it doesn't spoil the current day cards is a nice detail.

Now I'm curious what the cutoff corresponds to on the leaderboard that shows up at the end of the daily (on my device, not the site provided). Is it calculated on a certain percentile? I notice the number of players listed is different each day.

Also, strangely enough this is the closest game that scratches my itch for Desktop Dungeons on iPhone, even though Runestone Keeper and Dungelot is technically closer in mechanics. Must be the simple arithmetic and the way different mechanics seamlessly weave in together. Take it as high praise as I consider DD an absolute masterpiece of digital works, on par with FTL for me. If only if I could get the former to run on my non-JB device. Maybe one day.

10. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    @zen_mode well it's basically the same in-game and on the webpage.
    It's just a database that holds all scores from everyone who has won for that day. The in-game table shows Top 50 at that particular moment. The webpage shows top 10. Obviously the table from the running day changes based on people participating this is why sometimes you only see a top 32 or something. It would be indeed a nice feature to get a message once the day is done on what rank you actually landed on. Maybe i add that in the future.

11. zen_mode

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    Yeah I thought that was the case at first - that it just hadn't reached whatever number you had set the cutoff to, but then I was noticing that it would cap at odd scores like 79 or 81 and not go any higher. Didn't realise this was the top 50 because I didn't consider players tied at the same rank.

12. zen_mode

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    #492 zen_mode, Jan 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    Today's daily:

Crazy stuff right there. For me personality, I lost with three cards left to be drawn.

Nice update today also. I think I read somewhere that you were considering an update with some balance tweaks. Is that still coming? Hope my wonder deck at the moment doesn't get nerfed too badly lol.

13. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    @zen_mode
    Yeah, i hope can get that done in the next weeks. I will try to balance out some cards that eclipse others right now. In addition to that we're going to wipe Highscores to have a fresh start for everyone and also kick out some cheaters from the early days ;). I'm also planning on revamping the Streak-Mode to a more survival focused Descent-Mode, where each time you go down a level more monsters appear. Since I'm also working on our upcoming game i have to see how i can fit the Card Crawl update in-between.

14. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    Hey we've just announce our Card Crawl follow up game Card Thief!

You can check out www.card-thief.com for more infos or take a look at the thread in upcoming games.

Card Thief is a solitaire style medieval heist game played with a deck of cards.

[​IMG]

15. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

is there any chance to have Card Crawl back on iOS7?

i would like to play it updated...

16. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Has anyone completed ANY of the challenges for the Class Unlocks? They are extremely difficult

17. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    We've posted about the upcoming changes for 2.2 and the new Delve-Mode: Card Crawl 2.2

[​IMG]

18. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Cool trade-off!

19. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    2.2 is live.

Love all the new stuff BUT don't like how Delve doesn't have a clear run end. I'd far prefer you go as far as you can and once you fail a level it's time to start over.

20. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I haven't even come close. I suck at this game