Universal Card Crawl (by Arnold Rauers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Tinytouchtales, Jul 30, 2012.

1. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Well that sucks. I just deleted it yesterday to be finally able to play again. Now my whole progression is lost and the update to fix the issue hit a few hours ago. Bummer :(

2. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I should have asked this earlier, but work, life, blah blah blah...

In the "Constructed" section, how is this beneficial? I thought choosing specific cards would serve as one's regular arsenal of cards that get called up for each game. But, this hasn't been the case. Sometimes I'll get cards that aren't in my belt more often than those that are.

3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Sorry if explained before, but what is the end of game bonus based on?

4. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Congrats for the Android launch, now my wife can play too...

5. Tinytouchtales

Tinytouchtales Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    Thanks, Daily Dungeon should get a bunch of new competition too ;).

@ColeDaddy are you sure your not mixing normal and constructed games? because in constructed the 5 ability cards are always the 5 you selected. If this not happening there is a serious egde case bug going on in your game. Could you recheck that?

@LordGek bonus is calculated like this. Gold over 54 * 2. So if you score 60 you get 12 extra for example.

6. AmazingJas

AmazingJas New Member

Nov 18, 2012
    #426 AmazingJas, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
    Never mind, I couldnt seem to get the reflect card working, but now it seems ok...maybe I madr a mistake.

7. ChrisisB

ChrisisB Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Train engineer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #427 ChrisisB, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
    Cheating

Seems even the daily dungeon is infested with cheaters now.
    Yesterday it was someone having 100?? points with number two having 174 points, with most people having slightly over 100 points. Today someone has 914 points with number 2 having 100 points. While it is technically possible to have unlimited points with cards like Grave Digger, scores close to 10000 or 1000 points are not likely, especially if your score is way out of the bell curve with no opponent close in points. With today's deck, with no "recursive" ability cards, cheating is blatantly obvious.
    Can and will something be done about this cheating?

8. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Any chance of reducing the file size?

9. Kithikor

Kithikor New Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Daily Dungeon

Hello. I just started playing and hit my first 10 week's in! I can now play the Daily Dungeon, but cannot figure out how to select it. I play on Android.
    Thanks in advance.

10. Smeric

Smeric New Member

Aug 27, 2015
    Assassin

Has anyone unlocked the assassin? I can't seem to get farther than a 10 steak without running into an unwinnable draw.

11. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    I guess no one noticed but the thread was gone for quite some time, thanks to Eli's help its back.

I wanted to post that we've announce a second content update which will include 10 new cards and a Dungeon Builder mode in which you will be able to create, share and play you own dungeon decks. A detailed post about the general roadmap we have for Card Crawl can be found on our Blog: Card Crawl Roadmap

@ChrisisB yes the Dailys have some cheaters now and then, i encourage you to just ignore them since highscore will only last for a day and come back on the next day.

@Kithikor from the main menu just hit "Daily Dungeon" enter a nickname you want to use and your good to go. Note the daily needs a internet connection.

12. Lohengriehn

Lohengriehn Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    ha! thanks for replying :)
    it seems,Ive just found my game for this weekend :)

13. Exile

Exile Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    student
    usa
    #433 Exile, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
    Really love this game and I can't wait for the update(and your new game) but I have a small request, allow the pause button to dismiss the menu if you tap it again, makes it easier for one handed use on the 6/6+.

Edit: forgot that double-tapping the home button brings the screen down for reachability.

14. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Ok on iPhone 6 .... Crashing on load on iPad Air 2 (even after resins tall and reboot). Anyone else got it working on ipad?

15. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    @skoptic can you check which iOS versions your are using. I had some report of cashes with iOS 9.1 beta.

16. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Hey - I was crashing on 9.0.1 but upgrade to 9.1 sorted it :)

17. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    #437 vectorarchitekt, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    I love this game but I suck at it!
    My humble opinion is that the unlocks for the new quests are all a little hard.
    I need to figure out some new strategies because I have never hit more than 80 gold.
    I'll keep trying!

Glad to see there's another update coming. Some of those ideas sound great!
    Any chance of a different character on the icon?

18. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Some questions:

For the bleed card, what is considered a turn? Is it one card move or is t when the dealer deals three more cards?

And for Midas scarf, it says that ability cards double the coin value. What is the standard value of an ability card? They don't have values that I can see.

19. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    #439 Tinytouchtales, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    @vectorarchitekt Quests are hard at times i agree. There are indeed some concepts that have to be understood in order to accomplish them.
    But to your questions: For the Bleed card a turn is considered the time between two deals so a turn ends when 3 new cards a dealt. But you can activate bleed on the next turn when you have not yet received any new damage. I agree that this is confusing.
    Midas-Scarf can double ability cards that have a value like Leech, Fortify, Life etc.

You should check out vivafringes post to get some tips for highscores: Card Crawl Guide

In other news we are pretty far ahead with the update and will submit at the end of the month so we will be able to push it out early December. Here's a small teaser for the Deck Merchant:

[​IMG]

20. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    Hi

the 2nd content update is coming on the 17th, along with a $0.99 sale over christmas.

Here’s whats coming with the update:

Deck Merchant
    From the far east a mysterious Merchant has set up his tents within the Card Crawl Tavern.
    This traveling Trader brings you new Dungeon Decks which you can play and compete in.
    In addition to playing the new Decks you can also create your own Decks and share them online.
    The Dungeon Builder is an easy to use interface to create crazy new Decks that will
    push the replayability of Card Crawl to a new level.

10 New Ability-Cards
    Fresh out of the Collection-Chest you can unlock 10 new Ability-Cards that will shake
    up your old strategies and will introduce cool new Card-Combos.
    The new Cards are:

+ Poisen
    + Doom
    + Bribe
    + Stab
    + Heist
    + Tame
    + Feast
    + Chaos
    + Faith
    + Champion

iCloud
    You asked for it we finally implemented it. You can now save you game from the Settings-Menu via the iCloud Save and Load buttons.

Improvements
    In addition we added several improvements and fixes