Universal Card Crawl (by Arnold Rauers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Tinytouchtales, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Warmskin

Warmskin Active Member

Jun 20, 2015
    #401 Warmskin, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    @Hpmor: So, if I'm understanding you correctly, I have to buy -all- the cards possible to activate 'Streak' mode, in order for the game to be able to keep that particular stat? That's fine... Just takes a little time. As far as the 'Quests' part goes, yes, I haven't been playing that long (about a week or so). I do see the requirements for the quests btw, it's just that nothing happens when I click on things in that screen. It would be nice if there was some indication of what I have to do to activate that mode??? Maybe the Dev could give me a little help here, if no one else knows for sure. I don't mind figuring out stuff about a game. It's actually fun sometimes, but I do wish this game had one page of info on all the rules. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

2. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Thanks a lot, I've built the same deck just as you told it but without success... So I will try again and again !!! So hard comparizon to all the other quests !

3. ChrisisB

ChrisisB Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Train engineer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #403 ChrisisB, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    My current try to get 120 gold involves Midas Scarf and Devour to take care of the 9-trolls, then Fortify on Bounty and Mirror on the result. It's hard, because saving the ability cards on the board till you can combine them means you have little leeway. Also you need to duke it out with the Souleaters, shield, sword and hero. No Devour on the Souleaters!
    I figure a standard deck without playing ability cards gives you 54 gold with 3 life remaining. This should give you:
    54 base gold+24 for each Bounty+13 for the Midas Scarf (Killing 9 troll+4 coin)+9 (Killing troll) for the Devour=124 gold. This only gives you a margin of 6 (your hero can be knocked down to 1) plus any bonus from the Devour, very small margin. But I prefer this to the totally random Graveyard option, feels better to win by "skill" than pure luck.

Just played several failed games with this deck one with 117 gold and too much life left in the hero, but also a success game. I think the real reason I like this setup is even the failures feel like you "almost made it".

4. Tinytouchtales

Tinytouchtales Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    @Warmskin
    The Quest screen is basically a selector for the stuff you have unlocked. You can swipe trough the cards and the dealers in order to see which things you have to do to unlock them (2 Boxes with quests each). There is nothing more to it than doing it. So for example theres the quest "Create a 20 Gold coin Card". In order to complete the Quest you have to do exactly that in game and the Quest will be completed. Once You have completed both Quests for each unlock you can unlock it in the Quest screen.

Also the Streak-Mode needs to be unlocked by buying all ability cards in the collection. Once you have done that you can play Streak-Mode within the Normal-Mode.

Thanks for the Sound bug report i'm looking into that.

For Quests i'm would love to actually have a system just like in Hearthstone where daily Quests get generated through a system. After i finish the Android port i will look into that and see if i can build something that spits out interesting Quests, since the Hearthstone Dailys get boring quickly. Also Daily Quests would be a cool gold sink, since when you have unlocked all cards gold just piles up and is useless.

5. Warmskin

Warmskin Active Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Thanks very much for your reply to my question about Quests and Statistics. I now understand completely. Great game ##✌#

6. vivafringe

vivafringe Well-Known Member

May 10, 2014
    For the 120 point quest I wouldn't recommend using the Devour/Equalize/Fortify/Mirror/Bounty list that I talked about in my previous big post. That's for getting *really* high scores. It's pretty rare for that deck to do anything but die - it's just that when everything *does* go perfectly, you have a crazy high ceiling and have a chance of getting onto the leaderboard.

If all you need is 120 points, you can get it pretty consistently with a generic "good stuff" deck. I'd recommend just cramming your deck with the most consistent value cards:

- Blood Pact
    - Devour
    - Lucky Shot
    - Midas Scarf
    - Morph

I played a game with that loadout just now as a test, and got 122 on my first try.

7. G13 Nick

G13 Nick New Member

Dec 29, 2014
    I managed to complete the deck today and unlock the "Alchemist" but strangely the "Undead" magically became available as well .. This is probably a glitch since I haven't completed the "score 25 with bounty" or "score 10 games over 120" yet ! Has this happened to anyone else ??

8. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    @G13 Nick hey, yes its one of the nasty bugs. Unlocks of the dealers are broken. Fix is submitted. To Unlock the Alchemist you need to select the archer avatar-card first.

9. Warmskin

Warmskin Active Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Question about which Decks for Quests

Are quests to be played with a normal deck or constructed deck, or does it not matter? Also, I'm assuming that the game keeps track of how you're doing when trying to finish the 'get 2/10 with score of 100 or better' quest, like when you get a score of 100, a counter starts, and you must get another 100 before it reaches 10. Right? Thanks. Love this game and I've turned a number of people on to it!

10. vinci1927

vinci1927 New Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Special game system and art !
    Love it !

11. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    I think it does not matter but for most quests a specifically constructed deck enhances your chances greatly.
    And 2/10 means you have to get >100 10 times and have already succeeded twice so no timer.

12. lucianreign

lucianreign New Member

Jul 8, 2015
    Web Designer
    Asia
    Stuck!

How do I create a 20 Gold Coin card?? :eek:

13. Warmskin

Warmskin Active Member

Jun 20, 2015
    OK, I get it and as usual, thank you very much!

14. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    Hey guys,

2.0.1 should be live now. If you encounter a "stuck" game in normal or constructed go into the settings and hit the "Delete Savegame" button. This should fix it.

Cheers!

15. ChrisisB

ChrisisB Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Train engineer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Ohh, no...update is iOS 8.0 or later.

16. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Thanks! That was driving me nuts!

17. rompokus36

rompokus36 New Member

Dec 1, 2013
    "Minimum iOS requirement is now 8.0"

So this update litterally says "f*ck you and your iphone 4 in particular !", Huh ?

18. ChrisisB

ChrisisB Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Train engineer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Spoiler below:
    Constructed deck, using Fortify and Mirror. Mirror on Fortify. Fortify on the 10 Gold. Then when the next Fortify comes up, Fortify on the 15 Gold.
    This one is hard, because there is only one 10 Gold in the deck and you must hold it in the top row until it is a 20. There are other ways to do this, but this is the most straightforward.

19. Vorpal

Vorpal New Member

Dec 31, 2011
    #419 Vorpal, Jul 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
    Help on 25 Gold Bounty Quest

Hi everyone,

I was hoping to get some suggestions on how I could complete the "Collect 25 gold with one Bounty." Am I understanding it correctly, and the quest requires me to earn 25 gold from one kill? I imagine Fortify is involved somehow, but I'm not sure how to get the 3 gold payout to turn into 25.

Any help would appreciated, thanks.

20. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    It would be cool to earn some gold even when you don't complete a run.