Universal Card Crawl (by Arnold Rauers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Tinytouchtales, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Tinytouchtales

Tinytouchtales Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    It's pretty simple. Gold is your Highscore. Collecting gold by picking up (Hand/Backpack) Coin Cards = good, discarding Coin Cards to the shop = bad.

2. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    I love the game and the new content. I also love the quests. I have a question about the bleed card - from which round does it take the score?

3. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    When the round starts (3 new cards are dealt) all damage taken is counted. Then when 3 new cards are dealt the round is over. But you can use Bleed as long as you have not taken any new damage in the 2nd round.

4. AchillesReborn

AchillesReborn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    #384 AchillesReborn, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
    Is it intentional that I can't use an ability card if it's the last card I collect (ie the game just ends without the chance to play it).
    Referring the to bounty card btw. I'd planned to play it after killing the last monster, but the game auto ended.

5. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    Yes it is, as soon as there are no cards left in the top row and the deck is empty the game ends. We added the "auto loot" for items left over in the backpack, but that was a compromise too. I would prefer to not have it. So always play your cards before you finish the Dungeon Cards.

6. AchillesReborn

AchillesReborn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    #386 AchillesReborn, Jun 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
    Okay, thanks.

7. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    I have found a bug: after continuing an ongoing game that was booted out of memory, I have a 5 sword in my hand that I can't use. I cannot attack with it and I can't discard it.

8. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
  9. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Hi

I have got all but one unlock, man is this addictice!

Any suggestions on getting 10 times 120 gold efficiently? I fully understand vivafringes method and it works, but I got a success rate of maybe 1 in 10 games and also I don't need 150 gold only 121... (No easy way to reduce payoff and risk reasonably in my mind)

The trophy room is no big help, the lower scores seem to come from the old rule set. So what did you all use to get this achievement?

10. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Thanks for sharing this insight, good luck with earning enough profit to continue making great games!

11. bacon-N-eggs

bacon-N-eggs Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Playing this one a lot lately, grinding out the whole collection and I mean that in the best possible way!

Quick question, why does our daily dungeon gold not count? It's should IMHO, game plays just the same. No a huge deal, but why wouldn't it go in our pot just like the other modes?

12. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Especially since you only get the one attempt, so it isn't like you could milk it for cash with advanced knowledge.

13. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    Yes, good point guys. I'll add it to my list.

14. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Hope sales is going well
    So you can make more awesome games ##

15. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    This game is really really awesome ! Can't stop playing with it but please make me a favor and explain me how to win a game with 120 gold ?
    I unlock every other quest but I can't understand how to earn more than 105 ou 106 gold in only one game ?
    Thanks a lot for your advices !

16. Warmskin

Warmskin Active Member

Jun 20, 2015
    #396 Warmskin, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
    Card Crawl Statistics

In the statistics page, I'm getting zero for 'Streak', although I'm positive that've had a streak of at least 6 wins in a row at one point. Is something wrong with this stat or am I possibly misunderstanding something? Great game, really enjoying this one (picked it up when it was a dollar). Thanks very much.
    Just remembered one more thing... How do you play a 'Quest'? When on that page, scrolling things around or tapping on any/everything gets me nowhere. Thanks again.

17. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Vivafringe made a suggestion a few pages back. My current build: mirror, gravedigger, devour, Midas touch, blood pact. You need luck with the gravedigger and the devour, but You can get over 120.

A bug report, minor issue: if you turn the sound off in the app, at the end of the game at least for the alchemist there is still a sound playing.

18. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Didn't you unlock streak mode? You have to have all cards unlocked.
    Normally you should be able to see requirements in the quest screen, like 'have 0/10 times more than 120 gold'. Maybe you need to unlock more stuff to be able to start quests.

19. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    This has thrown Eighty-Eight off the throne of time-killer game on my iPhone. Keep up the work. More quests would be nice.

20. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    More achievement and quest :D