Universal Card Crawl (by Arnold Rauers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Tinytouchtales, Jul 30, 2012.

1. slothwerks

slothwerks Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

For anyone that's played, how do you unlock additional cards?

2. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
  3. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    This is worth being really tired tomorrow for.
    I really hope they change the icon. Maybe to that red flag in the beginning?
    Really fun so far! Been waiting since November for this one

4. Danigarcia75

Danigarcia75 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    There are 3 you unlock winning games and the rest with coins you earn playing.
    After 30 min playing I recommend a lot the game, like people here said reminds Dungeon Solitaire, that was a great game too but in this one is not that easy to get stuck with monster cards only, I think it's more balanced in that factor.

Incredible game for the moment, not sure if will keep interest for a long time but I feel it will

5. scottbailey

scottbailey Active Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Holy shit what a great game!

6. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Card Crawl was the awesome surprise for me, this week. Amazing art style and charming mechanics.

Paper Dungeons was the goat. Awkward and buggy.

7. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Finally a good Dungeon Solitaire replacement.

8. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    #28 VeganTnT, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
    Found a not so great bug on my iPhone 4 with 7.1.2

If you grab a Spell card and move it (so the green boxes showing valid target appear) but let it go so it snaps back to it's original position the card will freeze. The game is still running, the other cards are still working normally, but that specific Spell card will be frozen. Exiting the game does nothing and after a minute of being suspended I opened the app again and was brought to the main menu, my last game was gone.

Again, this was on iOS7

EDIT: Tried on my iPad3 with iOS8 and doesn't seem to have the same problem.

9. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    How is this game? What's it like ? I never played dungeon solitaire so keep that In mind.

10. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    While i have to say dungeon solitair had the better mechanics, this game is right behind it. Fun, quick strategy game where u manage your life and kill baddies to survive and get gold. You only get gold if you win, and you use the gold to unlock new ability cards. Really charming and well done!

11. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Dang I never played Dungeon Solitaire so it's hard for me to figure out if this game is right for me. It sounds fun but I guess it really depends if the play style suits the player.

12. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    As with many solitaire games, each hand is quite random. Sometimes you get a game that flows smoothly and has a nice balance of items and enemies in each turn, however others are quite frustrating when all of the items or enemies are grouped together.

Also the items: sword, shield and potions all do almost the same thing which is counteract the damage a monster does. There are special ability cards which mix things up and gives you a little customization of the deck.

The presentation is where this game really shines and makes me want to keep playing. If you are looking for a polished solitaire experience that is light on the strategy, check it out.

13. Tinytouchtales

Tinytouchtales Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    Hi guys,

just wanted to say thanks for all your kind words and i'm awake now and reading the thread.

The game still has some quirks right now, so anything bug-like you encounter you can send to hello(at)tinytouchtales.com. Besides that we have a recommended device list in the app description which does not include the iPad 2, iPhone 4 and the first generation iPad Mini. The game will run on those devices but we had some memory issues there.

14. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #34 Vovin, Mar 12, 2015
    YEAH.

After that Dungeon Hunter 5 disappointment, this is very, very good stuff and I can nothing but recommend it - highly.
    Nice drawings, very detailed (and I love how your character withers away every time he receives damage) and the gameplay is balanced and feels just right. I only got bad hands without any options 1-2 times.

The game even feels like a rogue-like. Fantastic replacement for one of my favourites: Dungeon Solitaire!

I hope there will be card expansions, if the game is successful. Maybe even special themed. No prob for me to shell out another dollar or two for more cards.

15. snoopie

snoopie Member

Mar 12, 2015
    Hey the game is great. I hope you will do more cards later.
    Ps. Finally registered here and this is my first post :d

16. Rebusmind

Rebusmind Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Game Designer
    Berlin, Germany
    I love the game a lot. Have been playing it for hours when it was still in alpha and it has evolved so much since then.
    What I like most is that it seems very random at first, but with the right set of cards you can pull off awesome strategies, like keeping your health intentionally low to maximize damage with the Sacrifice card, just to name one. It's a deep game and I still find new ways of playing it today.

17. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #37 Nekku, Mar 12, 2015
    Great game. Very polished including nice visuals and cool card mechanics. Never played something like this before but it's cool.
    The only thing I wish for is to get a tiny amount of the gold which I've already gathered in the run when I die especially due to the cards being thrown at me being so random. :/
    However, so much detail love which obviously has been put into the games developement needs to be supported.

18. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Thoroughly enjoying this its a lot of fun

19. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    I don't think multi-tasking is working for the game. I switched Apps to send a text and the game quit and I lost all my progress of game still in play.

I hope this can be fixed. Otherwise I am loving the game.

20. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    what a pleasant surprise! I have been waiting for this game for months... usually all that hype fades away when i actually play the game, but not here! Art is great, sounds and music is great, and it's just damn fun to play! Won two matches so far, this will be my new go-to time passing game.

Hope this game does well so the Dev can continue to update and add more to it! Maybe some new Avatar cards and even different dealers!?? :)

Great, great job though, love it!