Universal Card Crawl (by Arnold Rauers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Tinytouchtales, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Negative.

2. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I still have a long way to go before unlocking all the cards. And those quests aren't easy. I guess it's incentive to play for a good long while.

3. vivafringe

vivafringe Well-Known Member

May 10, 2014
    #323 vivafringe, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    New update seems fantastic! THE HYPE IS REAL.

I have a slightly unhype report about my daily though. The game automatically ends once the board is clear. Forgetting about this, I accidentally ended the game with a Bounty in my hand, missing out on 9 gold bounty. FROWN.

Incidentally, my score is 86, and the top score at the moment is 95.

THE SALT IS REAL.

4. matyou98

matyou98 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Trying to purchase from US App Store and getting message that the item is being modified. I'm sure it will be fixed tomorrow but would have loved to try this tonight.

5. AchillesReborn

AchillesReborn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    How can you keep track of your streak score? And does it carry between different modes?

6. Tinytouchtales

Tinytouchtales Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    Hey, guys!

Sometimes it can take some time to process the App. But it should be live now.

@AchillesReborn Streak-Score is implemented within the Normal-Mode, you have a small counter on the top
    left once its unlocked.

@vivafringe yeah, we only have "auto scoring" for the backpack cards, but i actually dislike that too.
    Always cash in your loot before the game ends is how it's supposed to play ;)

7. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Game was phenomenal already (bought it last week and couldn't get anything done since then) and the update is even more glorious.

Loving everything about it.
    Well done!!!

8. mkaen

mkaen Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Any way to reduce the cpu/battery churn? Phone gets warm and drains rapidly while playing.

9. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Just took a look after one game and you're right, it does hit the battery hard. Not sure if that happened pre-update or not.

10. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Yes that’s happened with previous version on my 6+
    It would be nice of the dev can fix this “minor” issue #

11. oufcpete

oufcpete Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Hello,

I think this must be me being daft but I have a couple of queries:

Do the 'fists' symbolise victories?
    What does the key symbolise?
    I've seen talk of a 'constructed' mode and also a 'daily dungeon'. How do I get into these modes? I can only see Normal on the menu screen.

Cheers

Pete

12. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    #332 fiskadoro, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    Damn, this one's addictive. I've only won twice so far out of maybe seven or eight games (yep, clearly I'm not that good at it yet), but each time I lose, I'm so damn close to winning you just have to try again. That's some smart game design right there.

Just seen Pete's questions above my post. You're not alone, sir. I have the same questions. I guess I haven't played many card games like this, so I don't know how those modes get unlocked either yet. Maybe it's 10 wins?

13. gamer300

gamer300 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Europe
    This game is awesome. Just did a few games and only lost once. I've already unlocked the two modes, and i only have the game for 1 hour. I think for the constructed you need to collect 3 keys (i think you get them from winning?) and the other mode probably got unlocked after my third win.

EDIT: What am i saying? I haven't unlocked the other mode yet. It says 4/10 so i'm guessing you unlock it after 10 wins.

14. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    I'm getting it now... You earn coins. The coins unlock keys and more cards in the "Collection" area. Once I got three of the keys, Constructed mode opened up for me. Nice.

In a weird kind of way, discovering that for myself was quite satisfying (and it may be mentioned in this thread, but I didn't bother to check through).

15. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    The update is fantastic! It really breathed new life into the game. This has officially been added to my permanent games list, right next to Dungeon Raid. Much thanks to the developer for your continuing efforts on our behalf!

16. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I came across a bug: even though I played my first Daily over 24 hours ago, when I launch it, I'm told to come back tomorrow . Anyone else have this issue?

17. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    ok just bought this game and was enjoying it tell I realized it might be too easy, haven't lost once and then had my gf try it who barley understood the game and didn't care for it and beat the game with no help... anyway to make this game more challenging?

18. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    It is a score chaser in essence. Winning is easy, aiming for 100 or even more is not. Take a look at the quests...

19. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    This game is great! It definitely is addicting. I'm 3/5 with a three game win streak... What happens when I send a card to the "store/shop"? Is it just discarded or so I lose any points etc...

I haven't paid enough attention yet to see the levels or things that open up in the game yet... I dont know if it is because I haven't done quest mode yet.

What is the daily? How do I access it?

20. hyu35

hyu35 New Member

Jun 12, 2015
    About the quest

Hey guys,

Does anyone have any clue about the quest? How to get a 20 gold coin card / a 20 monster / raise life to 25?