Universal Card Crawl (by Arnold Rauers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Tinytouchtales, Jul 30, 2012.

1. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Well to be fair most of the special cards do a specific thing. Killing blow, leech, etc. it's only a few like Morph that have unexpected consequences and I kinda like that. If you don't you could always play constructed and not use the few cards that have a deliberate random factor.

I think it's great the game gives you these two very different ways to play.

2. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    That's your opinion and your entitled to it. I'm not gonna save up 300 coins to buy a card that gets nerfed. I had to play a lot of games to get the coins for the skill and then it gets nerfed. Am I gonna go through hoops again to buy another skill? Nope!!

3. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Still don't understand of which special card you are talking about. Getting together 300 gold to unlock a card is just about 5 games or about 20 minutes. You still have not unlocked all cards? This happens quite fast. How can you talk about special cards when you don't know the effect of all? Did you ever play in constructed mode where you select 5 special cards for your deck? Just drag out the ones you don't like and be happy.

4. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I got that once, and I turned it into coins with Midas. That was a good feeling.

5. MasonHurst

Jan 9, 2013
    Man this is silly. The game gives you bonus gold so to get 300 coins even at the lowest scoring might be six or seven games.

More importantly. If it's a chore to actually play the game (for any reason) then it sounds like it's just not the game for you. I play it for fun while I watch tv and all the gold that builds up is secondary. I wouldn't like jumping through hoops either.

6. CrazedJava

CrazedJava Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    So, didn't realize until I read it here that Fortify now works on cards like Lash. No wonder they nerfed it. 8 damage to 3 cards? Guess which two cards would never come out of my constructed deck?

Still playing the game casually. Can't say the update made a huge impact to me but I really appreciate the decoupling of swords and shields.

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Not to take anything away from Card Crawl, but for anyone who wants a very challenging game, give Donsol a shot. It's a similar game, but with a very brutal, minimalistic setup. It took me 3 days of playing just to survive the first dungeon...

PS> I'm still playing Card Crawl on Normal mode. Haven't unlocked all the cards yet. I like the new shuffling, OK with nerfing, but not so keen cards having randomized effects - I really think that if it has an effect, it should be definitive, and predictable. The only variable should be the shuffle (and random draws) IMHO.

8. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I enjoyed trying to acquire the skill cards but if they're going to be continually nerfed then what's the point of going after them. That spoils some of the fun for me. But that's just me. Sorry if it sounds silly to you.

9. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    #269 Ghostdog1, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    Yes. You are a troll. "Continually nerfed"... Lmao. After one update? All your posts only show that you can't beat this game and this makes you mad. If you don't have to say anything constructive, just stop posting here. Even toucharcade made a post about the update and the better ballance of it.

10. AlexSem

AlexSem New Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Special cards

Can someone please make a more clear overview of what all the special cards do? :confused: It is too time consuming to unlock them all.Currently I know nothing about the following:
    Reflect, Betrayal, Revive, Frenzy, Lucky Shot, Trade, Swap, Morph, Fortify, Midas Scarf

11. Tinytouchtales

Tinytouchtales Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    Hi Guys!

just wanted to let you know that 1.6 is available!

update no. 2 includes several bug fixes and mainly big performance improvements.
    The game had some serious memory issues on older devices such as the iPhone 4, iPad 2 or the iPad Mini 1. Most of these issues should be fixed with version 1.6.

[​IMG]

If you had issues with Card Crawl running slow or unstable in the previous versions, please update and report back to us if the game runs stable now.

We also appreciate any updates of your reviews in the App Store! Thanks for reporting all your issues and helping us to improve the game.

http://www.appstore.com/CardCrawl​

What’s new?

+ New Unity 5 engine
    + Greatly improved performance and memory usage

+ Twitter images include win/lose state
    + Trophy-Room displays Friendslist first
    + Added a key icon when new ability cards can be unlocked
    + Added Shopbox animations
    + Added new Hoerni animations
    + Added total gold display in main and result menu
    + Added a small button icon for the redraw banner
    + Added avatar card status icons for several ability cards

+ Fixed a bug while dragging a card and opening the pause menu
    + Fixed a bug where the cards used in normal mode are not correct
    + Fixed the challenge button (again)
    + Fixed a bug where double taping in the main menu spawns more than one curtain
    + Fixed a bug where Sap/Exchange/Vanish would reset card values
    + Fixed an issue with GC Achievements not being registered
    + Fixed the Achievement „24 Damage“

Please rate and review the game after the update!
    Happy Crawling!

12. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    This now works perfectly on my iPhone 4S 7.0.4. I am so happy to be able to play it out to completion. This game is so good that despite the significant differences in style it may very well supplant Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer as my goto card game. Thank you for taking the time to provide additional support for older devices.

13. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    Cool. Glad to hear it works now. There can be still crashes, because the game is not made for those "older" devices but the new version should at least reduce the crashes greatly.

At the end of the week i will also post about our plans for the next updated which will be the "Content Update".

14. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    have you reduced the installed file size or it's still the same as before?

15. tronz

tronz Active Member

Sep 14, 2011
    tokyo
    How can I get the unusualweapon I get is me?

Do you have something bug?

16. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Which weapon? Do you mean a specific special card? You start with 5 specials and can unlock 15 more from winnng games of normal or constructed. Only 5 of these special cards can be used in a game, in normal these cards are chosen randomly while in constructed you are free to choose which 5 (of the specials you've unlocked so far) you use.

17. MasonHurst

Jan 9, 2013
    This is a pretty impressive update. Lotta little things which add up to considerable more polish. Just keeps getting better!

The little animated touches... Like the discard box...are sweet indeed.

18. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    The installed file size is not smaller, a little bit bigger about 15mb.

The unusual weapon is a hidden achievement. It involes combing two ability cards ;).

19. tronz

tronz Active Member

Sep 14, 2011
    tokyo
    I'm sorry. I talked of items of achievements.
    You will not be twice attack.

20. jinchoung

jinchoung Member

Nov 29, 2010
    24 damage and hit twice achievements

so i've been able to do both but neither resulted in getting the achievement.

- hit twice is 'frenzy' right?
    - 24 damage took some thinking but i buffed a 7 sword +5 to 12 and then did frenzy = 24 total damage

but neither achievement hits. these are my last too.

anyone have any insight?

thanks.