Universal Card Crawl (by Arnold Rauers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Tinytouchtales, Jul 30, 2012.

1. vivafringe

vivafringe Well-Known Member

May 10, 2014
    #221 vivafringe, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    If you Swap a 2-gold card with a 10-hp monster, the 2-gold turns to 10-gold, which is 8 gold of value. Also you reduced a 10-hp monster to 2-hp. This is 8 damage, which is another 8-gold of value.

Yeah, I'll edit to make it clear that the max value of Morph is 26. As the post mentioned, you care about max value much more than average value, since you can just restart if you get a bad random result.

2. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Fun bug. I used Morph to transform an equipped card, and it made it a monster. In my left equipment slot. Only thing I could do was make it Attack me, at which point the left slot became unusable. I couldn't put anything else in there. Weird!

3. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    It's the same bug as the steal one which is good since that fix is incoming.

A few games ago I thought I was being clever by using a potion then Morphing the empty container... until it became a 13 damage Souleater. The run was never going to recover from a locked Equip spot so I had to restart.

Also, the AppStore twitter account tweeted about Card Crawl earlier so hopefully the devs get some boosted sales.

4. vivafringe

May 10, 2014
    Yeah, the fact that it frees up a card slot when you use it, but can have an effect on a later turn, makes it an interesting alternative to Leech. I still think it's less consistent than Leech, but it's still a nice card.

5. mihaikrisan

mihaikrisan Member

Sep 4, 2013
    32 damage achievement

Hi everyone. I have unlocked all the other achievements. Has anyone figured this achievement out? Thanks in advance !

6. AchillesReborn

AchillesReborn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    You can use trade on an item that remains on the board after being used ie a used coin card, which gives you +10.

7. vivafringe

May 10, 2014
    Oh! Didn't realize you could do that. I'll make an edit tonight to fix that - it makes the card a fair bit stronger, but also a bit less interesting maybe? Not sure.

8. AchillesReborn

AchillesReborn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    48th in the world, constructed. I KNEW I was the greatest of all time.

9. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    lol... You da MAN!!!

10. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    I love this game, definitely addictive. What I'd love to see, though, to make it an outstanding game, is some form of progression. Avatar level ups while progressing through harder and harder decks in a type of story mode would be absolutely brilliant. I'm sure something like that would be very difficult to implement, though, but I'll keep my fingers crossed, perhaps for an expansion or a next game.

11. Tinytouchtales

Tinytouchtales Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
  12. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    very interesting, quality post!

13. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    'I missed it by that much'. I've often been beaten on the last card. Great rigged game. I couldn't be that bad. Or could I? I've only played about 5 games all losses. It must be the rigged cards. Th dealer looks awful shady too but I'm having a lot of fun.

14. slothwerks

slothwerks Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Thanks for sharing the numbers/experience with the launch! It's helpful when devs post stuff like this, to benchmark what success looks like at different spots on the charts. Congratulations on the great sales so far!

BTW, I know you're busy with iPhone bug/content, but I definitely encourage you to bring this to Android when you're ready. My Google Play sales for my last game were 60-70% of iOS sales but for you, that would easily be another $20k. I think it could do great on Steam too, though I don't have any experience with that yet.

15. Tinytouchtales

Tinytouchtales Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    thanks, i've always tried to share as much info as possible as i like to read this stuff very much myself. Yes Android and Desktop is definately on my radar. Android tho seems difficult due to device fragmentation and the strange tax things one has to be aware of. Apple handles all this bullshit for you ;). Steam could be interesting too, because we don't have to optimize that much and can easily port via Unity. We have to see.

16. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Wow nice read on how it all went!

17. justplainjay

justplainjay Well-Known Member

Congrats on a great first week! Keep making great games and people will keep buying them!

18. bobish

bobish Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2013
    So, every time you fire this game up, you can win 9 out of every 10 times? Uhhhh. What is your strategy?

19. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    #239 worldcitizen1919, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015

The only way I've found to win often still depends on the draw of cards. If you can stave of an annhilation by resetting cards often you can develop a strategy where you always keep unused potions in your bag and in the card slots to keep healing your character.

Would love to see different characters with different cards to get.

20. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    The update is out! The game seems to be much easier to win now (but not necessarily get a high score) and I have played a bunch of games without needing to hit the restart, unlike the first version. This is a nice improvement.