Universal Card Crawl Adventure (by Arnold Rauers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Brightsiderus, Aug 3, 2022.

1. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    same for me, very confuse on what i do... same with card thief...

andsoitgoes and sakara214ever like this.
  2. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Just won my first run.
    On third attempt.

it’s not that complicated once you get the hang of it. It’s not easy though. Very well tought out game for sure.

if some of you have questions feel free to tag me. I’ll do my best to give an answer that makes sense.

CrayonWarrior and sakara214ever like this.
  3. Tinytouchtales

Tinytouchtales Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    I think the "problem" with most of my games is that people come in with an expectation of it being a mobile game. But in reality most of my games are board game likes. Meaning they require a rule set to be learned. In opposite to most mobile games you can not use trial and error to learn them, which makes the barrier to entry significantly higher than most mobile games. But with that said I also think that once you've accepted that and sit down and learn how to play, my games are also way more interesting than most mobile games. I appreciate your feedback and if you guys let me know what parts or rules of the game are unclear to you, I'm very happy to improve the tutorial and the general onboarding based on your feedback.

adin, L.Lawliet, macplash and 6 others like this.
  4. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Loved Card Crawl and Card Thief.
    Wasn't very good at Card Thief but the fit and finish of the game was among the best I've played on iOS.

Adventures is looking very nice but I need a tutorial for the tutorial.
    I didn't quite understand the various cards mechanics and is there a benefit to taking out multiple enemies in a shuffle?

Hopefully someone releases a guide. :)

adin and andsoitgoes like this.
  5. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Thanks. Sounds like a buy to help when failing to make success easier. Not sure on that purchase.

6. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    Yes, it's basically an optional easy mode.

7. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Thanks. Sounds like a buy to help when failing to make success easier. Not sure on that purchase.
    Thank you for replying. This game is phenomenal!!!! Every game you have made has been some of the best on the app store; all spectacular.

You have outdone yourself here. Thank you for creating this wonderful piece of strategic entertainment.

Hhhhmmmmm.....optional easy mode, so far I'm not getting too far...maybe not a bad idea.

Tinytouchtales likes this.
  8. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    Thanks, glad you like the game so far!

9. Aurelien.L

Aurelien.L Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2014
    I have a question sir! How can we change the language (the game freeze when I try it) and how can we decay a character? Thx in advance for your help!

10. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    Language menu Freeze should be fixed with the latest update. But we only have English/German atm. More localizations coming.
    If you mean how to end a game when you lost? You just confirm you turn like usual even though the "Death" overlay is active.

Aurelien.L likes this.
  11. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Congrats to @Tinytouchtales for winning Game of the Week! I played a few games so far but need to spend more time getting familiar with the mechanics.

You can check out Jared’s GotW article here.

12. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Am I the only one not being able to purchase the weekly Crawl?

13. StaggerLee509

StaggerLee509 Member

Mar 22, 2017
    Has anyone been able to figure out how to "combine" the three map fragments? I've tried pathing through them as part of a larger path and just pathing through the three fragments, and they all just discard in both cases.

I also have not been able to figure out how to use the bonfire that removes the fist icon battle rating of enemies. I've tried pathing through monsters and then to it, and pathing through it then to monsters and neither seems to have a noticeable effect.

14. CrayonWarrior

CrayonWarrior Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    It looks like it’s for the pyromancer, have you bought him?

15. StaggerLee509

StaggerLee509 Member

Mar 22, 2017
    Also, just realized the game keeps not saving on my iphone after closing it and reopening. I start back at the first tavern. Is there a way to save when closing or is this intended?

16. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Yeah bought em all.

17. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Seems like a bug…

18. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    #38 Tinytouchtales, Aug 7, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
    This is only for when you miss a day playing the weekly, basically a paid option to catch up on that particular week.

Ijipop likes this.
  19. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    For the map fragments you need to also align your path with the arrows noted on each map fragment. When you select them correctly they shine golden.

Also when you play and then hard kill the app, you do not get back into the last game state when asked in the start menu?

20. Akantor

Akantor Member

Apr 4, 2017
    Loving the game. Finally beat it for the first time and felt great but would love if you’d unlock something when you win. It would help get me to jump back in to another round. Maybe a card unlock or a talisman you can get during gameplay but seems like we need a reward.