Universal Carcassonne - 2011 TouchArcade GOTY Runner Up! [Expansion Packs Out]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VeganTnT, Jun 4, 2010.

1. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    correct :D and thank god

2. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    +1

People you add via email are friends so you can play a game with them at your leisure. Moves are played when you have time

Quick Play is like sitting down to play with a stranger. You are there to play and nothing else. So it keeps the gameplay fast so there are no pauses in the action.

My question is: Do timed out opponents increase your ELO? if so I'm going to be playing a lot more Quick Play, hahah

3. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    hmmm... im not sure. but i have a feeling that it is so. because i played quickplay last night. i timed out cuz i didnt really know how to play very well. my elo went down. so im assuming that the opposition received an increase in elo. :cool:

4. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Is there a timer when playing solo with the AI?

5. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
  6. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Just picked this up and it is fantastic.

7. joblin

joblin Member

May 7, 2010
    If anyone wants to add me just PM me your email.

I'm also adding some invites, but I think they can only be used once (I'm not sure if you can type it into safari on the iphone but you can at least self-send in an email and I'm fairly confident it should work)

carcassonne:///f/f6ed89c1e20b66bb
    carcassonne:///f/d71996d175244b9d
    carcassonne:///f/1e3cc4822b595ed2

8. wok

wok Member

Jul 27, 2008
    I totally agree, the devs did something crazy with their graphics because Carcassonne looks fantastic on the iPad. I just played a game with the wife and we were both blown away by how nice it looked.

9. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Does quick play only do 1v1, or can you find more than one opponent with it?

10. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    So I've played a few hours now, and I'm warming up to it quite a bit. I think I'm getting a better handle on what to do.

I have been really confused about two things, though:

1. How does the follower placement work? Every time I want to place a follower on the side of a castle thing, it doesn't let me. It only places the Follower on the grass or on the opposite castle thing. What exactly determines which cards I can place a person in the castle, grass, and road?

2. What do the Followers in the grass do? How do I get those folks back after I place them in the grass?

11. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    All connecting grass is considered a field. Only one Meeple can be on a field. So if your opponent has one placed you can't place one on that side of the town/road

Scoring is as follows: Every COMPLETED town touching that field awards you 3pts. Multiple sides of a town only count as one.

The trick to getting another meeple in place is the same as getting one in your opponents town. Place a tile near but NOT connecting, Place the meeple on the field/town you want, THEN connect it to another field/town

Those meeple stay put until the end of the game. They score lots of points if used properly but once you place it you can't get it back

Hope that helps!

12. Cougarcat

Cougarcat Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2008
    1. If your opponents already have a Meeple on a connected castle, you can't add a Meeple to it. (You can do it indirectly, however, by placing a castle piece unconnected and then linking it up to your opponent's castle. Then you both score points)

2. They get scored at the end of the game. So if you place them down, you don't get them back. You get 3 points for each completed city in the meadow of your placed Meeple.

13. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    1) you can't place a follower on something that's already claimed. So if you add to an already claimed city, you can't put a follower there. And you can only place a follower on the tile you set down that turn. So if the road, field, or city that you're adding to that turn is someones, it cant be claimed.

2) field bonuses are rewarded at the end of the game. The more completed towns touching the field, the more points you get. Since it's something scored at the end of the game, once you put a meeple on the field, they are stuck there the rest of the game (signified by them lying down).

Note that all of your questions are answered both in the rules AND the tutorial. So I suggest reading them and watching them before you ask anything else, as your answers will probably lie there.

14. kottan99

kottan99 Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Really nice game!

Its a pity that the AI is kind of lame (even the most difficult one).
    But i guess it would take too long to calculate a better result.

The AI of the PC-version of carcassonne was kind of unbeatable.

15. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    That's too bad, hopefully they'll improve it with later updates.

16. tochan

tochan Well-Known Member

dang.. finally.. I dont know what game is this but I'll buy this based on the super positive impressions on here :p

Downloading now :p

17. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Neither did I when I got it, but I am really glad I did! It's a great strategy board game.

18. Abbas

Abbas Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Love this game! Can't wait for the DLC expansion packs to come out. And the solitaire mode is perfect!

Add me as a friend: [email protected]

Abbas

19. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    Somebody should make a closed Carcassonne usergroup so we can post email addresses for multiplayer. I'm not going to put my email out here for all the spambots to see.

20. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/group.php?groupid=366

My email is in there, feel free to add me :)