Universal Carcassonne - 2011 TouchArcade GOTY Runner Up! [Expansion Packs Out]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VeganTnT, Jun 4, 2010.

1. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    The new kids version doesn't really shorten the game. It just takes away the ability to score fields which kids have a hard time grasping. I will say that without field scoring games do tend to go faster as the game becomes more straight forward.

2. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    So if I buy the IAP can I get them for free on my other device?

Just bought Carcassonne and if I buy the IAPs, can by bro get it for free if we use the same apple id?

3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Yep! This is pretty much how all Apple IAPs work with the exception of consumable IAPs (one use power-ups or some sort of in-game currency).

4. Kildar

Kildar Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    I believe the IAP purchase history is preserved since this app is universal, so it shouldn't matter what your second device is.

5. Serian

Serian Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Question: I started to play a multiplayer game with my friend and I cannot get to the home screen to start any other games. If I close the app and reopen it I see the main menu briefly and then I am taken directly to the multiplayer game in progress. There is a spinning / thinking icon over the tile that my friend can play next. :confused:

Is it possible to use Game Center friends to start a new game? I had to send an email request.

Thanks!!

6. ASFx

ASFx Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    To get to your other games, tap the gear symbol on the right side of your screen, then pause your game. It will then take you to the list of your other games. From there, you can click the "back" button and start a new game if you'd like.

7. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    This is really the only flaw in the interface, as far as I'm concerned. It can be confusing and it's a bit unintuitive.

8. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    I so friggin hate the quick play mode. 4 times out of 5, the game logs me out in the last 20 moves and then tells me my time has run out and I've lost the game. At first I thought it was my broadband acting up and disconnecting for a couple of minutes every now and then. But then I started checking if my other devices were connected to the internet and they all worked fine. WTH?

Love the game. Hate the stupid quick play mode. Can't we have an option to disable the 90 second limit?

Anyways, add me as a friend in the game. GC id - IMNS, Carcassonne email - imnsta @ gmail.com.

9. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
  10. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Great news! I have ordered an "new iPad" and it should come at the 16th ... :D

Thanks a lot!

11. soldat7

Jul 12, 2011
    Once again, leading the way. Can't wait!

12. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    update is out and it sucks for anyone who is not interested in ipads because the file size is much bigger.

13. soldat7

Jul 12, 2011
    How big was it before? I'm really surprised that so many people are so space-starved.

This looks GORGEOUS!

14. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Yes, it looks great ...

Nevertheless ... Apple made a huge mistake to limit the latest iPad Generation still at 64 GB ... I have 64 GB but I have no space left ... with the Retina update, 128 GB would be the minimum ... :mad:

15. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    it looks FABULOUS now on the new iPad :D

16. Atharne

Atharne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    $10.49?!?!
    Hahahahahaha. Nope.

17. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    What a kind of spam troll are you? :confused:

I think with you kind of postings you are not for long here ...

18. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Well, at least he woke the thread back up. Any news at all on additional expansions? I'd be happy to toss them some more money for more expansions.

19. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Yep, I read that the next expansion is already in beta test ... and could come before x-mas! :)

20. ASFx

ASFx Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    I saw them post on twitter that the new expansion is coming out before christmas, and also the new iphone 5 update is coming soon.