Universal Carcassonne - 2011 TouchArcade GOTY Runner Up! [Expansion Packs Out]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VeganTnT, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Mistrya

Mistrya Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Tnx for great tips :)
    Actually, regarding first one about memorizing - is possible on iPhone to open special menu and see all left available tiles so there is no need for poker-memorizing style ;)

Btw, does anybody know what stands for info like ELO 1142 (+30) for winner, or ELO 1200 (-20) for loser, at the final score menu?

2. anthonybsd

anthonybsd Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Fantastic game

I'm a light board gamer (Puerto Rico, Catan, etc.) so I might be a bit biased, but the overall level of polish of this game overwhelmed me. Fantastic first release. Now if only the sticky tile bug was fixed this game would be perfect.

3. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Thanks for the answers but that wasn't exactly what I was asking. I thought what you meant you would win once you got to a certain goal such as a road of length 8 and a city of 8 tiles. In other words aside from actually using all tiles I have no idea how to actually win in Solitaire. :confused:

4. Thumpermat

Thumpermat Active Member

May 4, 2009
    The goal for the Solitaire is a road of length 6 and a city of 6 tiles. (It was explained in the voiced tutorial)

5. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    i made a group with everyone's emails. it is in my sig.

6. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    My apologies. I must have missed it when I was going through it.

7. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Never knew WTH is carcassone but picked it up coz of all the positive responses and windburns recommendation. The tutorial was great but didnt really like the actual game. Took a while before I understood most of the stuff but still didnt like it. Seemed like a bore.

But THAT was only till I played the online game. Wow. Thats so much fun. I didnt win the game obviously but still loved it. The seamless integration of chat is an awesome feature and the best I have seen on iPhone. Perfect game well worth its price IMO.

Shoot me an email if anyone wants a multiplayer match [email protected]

8. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    add it to the group in my sig :)

9. Lautron

Lautron Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Just played my first online game and it is siiiiick! Even happier with the game now!

10. ask_me

ask_me Member

Mar 1, 2010
    You mean app icon badges? Actually, once I saw a badge on the icon when there was an ongoing game, but several times there wasn't one. Maybe that's still quite buggy.

PS: Everyone interested, please do add me. I'm in the Carcassonne group. :)

11. cthibault

cthibault Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Professional Magician
    MA, USA
    I have never played the game before this release. It's very easy to learn, so hopefully more people will join the group! ( http://forums.toucharcade.com/group.php?groupid=366 )
    The only thing I would like to see is a more seamless transition between devices.
    For example: During the day I usually play on my iPhone. When I get home at night I play on my iPad (I have both devices linked to the same email address). The problem is when I first start the app up on the iPad, and go into a game, it has to "catch up" on all the moves I have made in the game. So if I had played about 40 to 50 tiles with someone on my iPhone, I have to wait and watch those 40 to 50 tiles being placed on my iPad. This also happens the next day when I start playing on the iPhone, I have to watch all the moves that were made on the iPad. Even if I already have finished a game on one device, I have to watch the whole game play out on the other device. If I try to delete it, a warning comes up saying I will lose ranking points if I delete the game.
    I know the game isn't designed with this in mind at the moment and I hope this is kept in mind when the iPad update comes out.
    All in all, this is a very minor inconvenience in a very, very well done game that I highly recommend!

12. Riesemax

Riesemax New Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Since I already played the PC-version of Carcassonne for some years, I am quite deep into the game already. Is there anyone who also is a rather experienced player and who is interested in a match? Please send a PM with your email-adress.

13. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Now that I've got the hang of the Solitaire mode I'm loving it. I was looking in the high score section and it looked like there was only 5 Solitaire maps is that correct?

Is anyone else getting graphical glitches near the bottom of the screen during Solitaire games? This is my only complaint so far. Other than this minor complaint I'm loving the game. :D

14. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    hmm... i guess i may be the only one who doesnt really enjoy solitaire mode that much. idk why, i would just rather play a normal game. i dont think it is that much fun. but it's cool that other people are enjoying it. and yea, i have seen that glitch every once in a while. idk why it does that. but it goes back to normal once the next move is taken.

15. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I thought there were 1,000's of random deals possible but they just give the map a believable sounding little village name so if you wanted to compete with pals you could ensure you both had the same deal. I personally would love to play without the seed/name being shown.

16. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    The one-player game always seems to start with the same tile on the board - half a wall with a road underneath. Is that supposed to be the case?

17. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    See that is how I figured it worked because it would be tons of fun trying to challenge friends to beat your score. I'll have to try some more games and see how it goes. Maybe it is only the same tiles if you select "retry".

18. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    yea. every game. solitaire and normal.

19. This game is so awesome! And it's fun chatting to my tA friends
    It amazes me how fast you all respond

20. yep. in the real board game that one has a back marked explicitly as the starting card