Car Jack Streets Promo Code Contest

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by hirschy75, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Why let them give the code away, when i can? I think it would be great to host my own little contest. And who says that if they dont let me have it, that they will give it out?

And what if one of my friends wants the game?

2. hirschy75

hirschy75 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Ok I don't know how many times I have said this but this will be the last of this discussion. Due to a glitch in the original posting we did not clearify that you can win only one so you may still have it or you may lose it. I don't know, I'm not the boss. I was just letting you know what could happen. I don't even have access to the codes and since Paul is asleep in the uk while I'm in the u.s. we will have a delay. So everyone take a chill before you castrate me on the spot and wait. The only person it affects is rocket anyways and I can see where you are coming from so please take a break while Paul decides what to do. The games not even out yet so don't worry, there will be time for tag to decide

3. crimson.

crimson. Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    Why would he? He won two fairly. Why shouldn't he get his extra code? It's not his fault he's good at winning promo codes. If he won it fairly he should get to keep it.

4. ksl2006

ksl2006 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Gamer
    Planet Earth
    Now I want everyone to calm down and wait for Paul to decide what happens because he's the boss. X.X

5. hirschy75

Feb 9, 2009
    Finally someone gets what I'm saying. I nvr said he lost it. Jeez look what happens when one person misunderstands a post

Yikes

6. crimson.

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    #206 crimson., Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
    Well you did say only one code per person which implies that he's gonna lose the other.

7. hirschy75

Feb 9, 2009
    Yes and then I realized I never put that clearification in the original post. Hence the next post said I emailed Paul and didn't know what would happen

8. crimson.

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    He'll get the extra code is what should happen.

9. jFND

jFND Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Calm down guys, as Hirschy75 has stated, he has no control over what happens to Rocketman's second promo code. He's just stating the consequences that may eventuate as a result of Rocketman having two codes.

Did Rocketman earn his promo codes? Yes. But even so, if it was already stated since its initial statement that no individual may receive two promo codes (none the less sell it); did he actually earn those codes legitimately? In Rocketman's eyes (and mine), he would have earned it through his merits. But in TAG's perspective, it may not be allowed.

So right now, best thing to do is just calm down. Hirschy obviously doesn't call the shots in TAG, he's just part of the street team. Either way, you all need to stop throwing rocks at Hirschy, he's only doing his job.

10. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Not sell it, trade it. Or most likely give it away.

11. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Haha I don't think it was a glitch in the posting, you guys probably didn't think that the same person could win two contests. I mean what were the odds of that lol

12. jFND

jFND Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Which I'm obviously not opposed to. Hey, I'd do the same.

13. hirschy75

Feb 9, 2009
    Very true, since I do not believe anyone has said this yet I will, this was made by the Street Team only and apart from sending the actual codes tag is pretty much outta the picture. Out of all the questions and ideas and contests we created this mixture was the best. But we are only human and make mistakes and in a rush to get this out to give you guys a decent contest for this amazing game I obviously made a small error and it is inexcusable and I do sincerely apologize for being responsible for this misunderstanding.

That being said I can try and put in a good word for you to tag to let them give you the second code since this was my fault and you would rather keep the second code then give it up which is very understandable. I'll put together an email and send one out to the street team and paul to let it slide and give you the second one since you did win it and it was a pretty nice picture.

Lastly I hope this hasn't turned anyone off to the actual game which will be very fun, I can guarantee you will all enjoy it

Congrats to the winners again, goodnight.

And thanks for having my back jFND :)

14. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Guys, please don't flame Hirschy!:mad:
    He has done an amazing job in organizing this contest for the street team! :)
    The rest of the street team acted as the judges, and I can back Hirschy up when he says that he doesn't have access to the codes!

@Hirschy: Thanks for doing this, on behalf of the whole street team!

15. jFND

jFND Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Haha, it's all good. I just tried to be fair. I think I deserve a promo code now ;)

16. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    How did I know this was coming.........?

17. hirschy75

Feb 9, 2009
    Ok Rocketman919 the second code is yours!!!

Congrats, just talked it over with Paul and we will let it slide as long as you don't horde it until it expires :) Trading or giving it to someone else is up to you because I have already seen your post in the trading club so it's not like your keeping it a secret.

Just be careful, it would totally suck to get scammed

18. Glowz

Glowz Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    I won?!? Omg! Thanks. When will i get the code?

19. hirschy75

Feb 9, 2009
    Whenever TAG emails you, probably right before or after the game is released

20. Glowz

Glowz Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Got it :cool:
    Well thanks, I know you've probably heard the "Omg!!" before after someone won... [I hope im not the only one who freaked out.]

This game seems great.