iPad Car Jack Streets - feature poll

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Paul@Tag, Jan 15, 2009.

?

What feature would you most like to see in Car Jack Streets?

1. Day and Night lighting effects

84 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. Global highscores

11 vote(s)
    4.7%
  3. Sumo suits

6 vote(s)
    2.6%
  4. Godzilla

42 vote(s)
    17.9%
  5. Achievements

92 vote(s)
    39.1%
  1. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Hi Everyone,

Since we decided to push Car Jack back a month to ensure it really meets everyones expectations we've been thinking about a few additional features to add to the game. As usual we don't have time to add them all so we thought it would be fun to let YOU the Toucharcade forum users decide!

Listed above are 5 options to choose from so take your pick...

In addition if you have a really excellent idea for a mission/weapon/power-up/vehicle etc then PM me with you idea before the end of the weekend. If they are good enough we'll pick the three best ones, include them in the game and give you a free promo code! Winners will of course be announced on here for extra bragging rights ;-)

Have fun!

Paul

2. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    #2 salsamd, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
    Seems like you should try to incorporate two of the above features:

1. Achievements: progress is good for the ego

2. Day and Night effects: this cosmetic touch really separates the game from the masses wrt polish.

3. ipressbuttons

ipressbuttons Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    #3 ipressbuttons, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2009
    Cool any price plans? Sorry to say but payback is priced pretty good so it's tempting but car jack looks my sorta thing :)

4. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Poll up now - took a few minutes to figure out!

Vote away... and yes if you have thoughts about price point would be good to hear your thoughts too.

Cheers
    Paul

5. BOWB4ZOD

BOWB4ZOD Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Director, Producer, Editor
    Ontario, Canada
    this game looks awesome

6. mattmanp

mattmanp Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I think achievements add a lot to the replayability of a game.

7. steviet

steviet Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    tv editor
    London
    I agree with this, definately

I would also suggest staying well away from Godzilla, sump suits, monsters, anything like this. I think you want it to be a cool "mature" game IMO

8. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I love night and day effects really adds to the whole environment of a game... I have an idea for a weapon if you haven't already... RPG? I love em and I think it needs to have that in there if not already. Also you have to include an
    ice cream truck mission of some sort...

9. RagerX

RagerX Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Day and night lighting effects would be cool, but achievements give me more to do.

10. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    I should point out that there shouldn't be any issues with replayability as the game is designed to last MONTHS! The idea is that you play for 20 mins or so a day and the game time is the same as real time, so when it says you have to make $50,000 that week it really means that actual week.

(If you want to sit and play for hours thats cool - you can - but the best way to play is a little at a time.)

There are two sets of mission types -

"Always available" - there are 15 of these and you can do them as much as you like. Deliver pizzas, drive taxis, steal cars etc They don't pay much but hey, thats life!

"Daily missions" - the game has an almost infinite number of missions available that are generated from over 60 mission templates. 5 or 6 of these daily missions are available each day and these are the real meaty ones like robbing banks etc

Hope that wets your appetite for the game and provides some context for your ideas!

Thanks
    Paul

11. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I agree. That's what makes me want play a game more and more.

12. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I'm stuck between day/night effects and achievements...

However, you indicated that the game is in real-time. Since most of my play time is at night, I'm worried that it will always be night time, though I guess that adds an element of reality.

Oh, which to pick....
    Achievements and element of replayability as mentioned above...
    Day/Night effect and element of reality....

I'm conflicted...can't we just have both? Is that too greedy? :)

13. nightbeaver

nightbeaver Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    are land mines in the game ? land mines are great especially if you place them in some place as a precautionary measure just in case you start getting chased by cops or something. just place them close by before a mission and make some sort of path for you to drive safely by them. you can even have claymores that you can put on walls with the option of detonating remotely. it would probably be good to place them in an alleyway so no pedestrians walk on them.

14. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Anyway to deposit cash at a bank and earn interest as time progresses? Also is there going to be a "hideout" or home where you can store your stuff?

15. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Why not go all GTA on us and let us navigate around the city via non road forms of transportation. For example, using a train to get the other areas of the city quicker, boats etc to cruise around the island and, even better, arial transportation. Have the view zoom out a bit so that you can fly around the city in a helicopter or something.

Oh, day and night out of those options listed!

16. ipressbuttons

ipressbuttons Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Since you said you would like to hear price options how about$7.99 max? Sorry if I sound cheap

17. ogindahood

ogindahood Active Member

Dec 26, 2008
    MLG 09
    Include everything!!!!!!!!!

18. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Without trying to sound like a brown nose, I'm sure that if this game turns out to be as great as it's shaping up, then whatever price Tag Games choose will be ultimately justifiable.

19. Killquake

Killquake Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2008
    I'd much rather pay 7.99 ( or anything lower for that matter :eek:) because im used to turning away from 9.99 games due to the fact i rarely ever pay for them because they're expensive, 7.99 is much more appealing

20. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    day and night definatly! Street lights (maybe even a few that flicker and shut off as you drive past them), stop lights that cast their aura on the pavement below, and neon signs. Maybe even have gangs come out and claim corners at night.