iPad Capture!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by SpaceHunter, Feb 9, 2009.

1. SpaceHunter

SpaceHunter Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    #1 SpaceHunter, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
    I want to introduce my first released iPhone game Capture!

Quick Description

Capture all the squares as quickly as you can to earn points. Do not allow any square to reach the bottom of the screen or it’s game over. Using your mouse, guide the Yellow Box over the falling squares to capture them. Watch out for the power-ups. Some help you out and others make the game harder!

Now for the Good News

The first 10 people to use the following promotional codes will be able to download the game FREE

If you are able to redeem a code all I ask is to provide feedback, good or bad, just be honest and provide some ideas for the update:D

Thank you for your time!

Click here to see the game in action!

Promotional Codes

1. EHJNAFA76MPF
    2. EYN4AX3R9E46
    3. JK7FWF4X9AHE
    4. KPXWN4M7PL33
    5. J4RMXAXRT3NT
    6. RAAKNA3EALL4
    7. T6L3Y4WE7RHW
    8. M9NTTJXJR9NX
    9. 997XMA4TFLLJ
    10. T4HPJAR33LLT

PS. You will need to redeem these promotional codes in iTunes store.

2. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    #2 coconutbowling, Feb 9, 2009
    Darn, didn't get one. I'll check it out though.

3. Seikyu

Seikyu Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Thanks! I got m9nttjxjr9nx.

4. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    #4 darkhorse, Feb 9, 2009
    I took the 6th code but its not compatible with my first gen ipod so I cant play it...

5. snoderlye

snoderlye Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Female
    WV
    Bummer, at work and no iTunes allowed. Heck, no mp3 players allowed.

Good luck with the game!

6. Seien

Seien Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Thanks so much for posting these! I grabbed JK7FWF4X9AHE. I look forward to playing and offering a review/some feedback :)

7. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Seriously People...

Don't just grab & go...have a little courtesy and post when you get a code.

They're all gone.

8. SpaceHunter

Feb 9, 2009
    Sorry about that darkhorse. I don't know why I compile the game using the latest SDK 2.2. The update will be compatible for 1st gen devices.

9. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Nuts was just checking forums right before this post too. =P

Youtube video looks kinda neat; I'll try a demo first though. =)

10. Seikyu

Seikyu Member

Jan 30, 2009
    So after playing the game I do have a few suggestions. The first suggestion is to make the squares that cause different actions to be easier to differentiate. The second suggestion would be to add just a little more color to the game. That could be an easy way to liven up the game. The last suggestion is to add a menu that tells the player what each square does. All and all the premise is fun, but I think with those few added changes it could be better.

11. SpaceHunter

Feb 9, 2009
    Hey Seikyu,

I'm contemplating on using images for the squares instead of actually drawing rectangles. This will add color and should be easier to identifyl. Perhaps add animation to it will make it more attractive as well.

Thanks for the feedback!

12. SpaceHunter

Feb 9, 2009
    #12 SpaceHunter, Feb 9, 2009
    Ok, for those that did not get a code PM me and I will send you one. Only the first ten people! Again, I only ask of you to leave feedback here and review in the iTunes store. Thanks!

13. Seien

Seien Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    #13 Seien, Feb 9, 2009
    Spacehunter, this game is pretty fun! I'm completely addicted to pickup and go games, so this one was right up my ally! I do have several suggestions that i feel could VASTLY improve this game and hopefully would be pretty simple to implement.

1)Add a Home menu. When you open up the App, it's nice to be able to see a title screen and menu. This title screen could include directions regarding gameplay (including how to play the game, and as seikyu mentioned, what each shapes do.

2) Change up the graphics. As you just mentioned, you are thinking about using images instead of just drawing the rectangles. The rectangles, while a fun throwback for us retro gamers, eventually begin to hurt my eyes and take away from the game. I think it would be much more enjoyable if you changed them to actual graphics.

3) Level increments. As you progress, certain scores could lead to different "levels." All that would really happen would be a change of the background picture, but this could definitely help the visual aspect of the game. This could also help add a sense of accomplishment as you progress, instead of only having a high score (Don't missunderstand me, I am a HUGE fan of having high scores, which leads me to my next suggestion...)

4) Global leader boards. This is a great way for players to compare scores against one another. This adds a lot of replayability and will help add a sense of community as well as competition to this game.

All in all this game is fun and I can see myself playing it a pretty good bit. If you were to add those changes that I suggested I think that a lot more people would show interest and probably pick it up. Thanks for the opportunity to play your game and I look forward to future updates! This will keep my preoccupied for a while :)

14. akame

akame Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2009
    just submitted an itunes review.

15. SpaceHunter

Feb 9, 2009
    akame thanks for the feedback.

@Seien, nice suggestions! I plan to implement a few if not all of them :D

BTW: I still have a few more promotional codes available via PM.