Universal Captain Cowboy (By Wadonk AB)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 11, 2016.

1. VirusMech

VirusMech Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Hey man! U have another cup of coffee! ;)
    GJ! I will drink coffee now, from this day, when i bougth it. I dont drink coffee, now i will. Maybe not in sweden but... In Poland. ;D

2. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Alright now lets leave reviews on the Appstore, beyond the forum here - the world has yet to be inspired :)

3. caseyhicks6

caseyhicks6 Member

Dec 16, 2015

If your wanting to see some gameplay, here's a video I just made. It's definitely different, which is good! Not to mention the world is HUGE. Can't wait to explore it all.

4. Sythys

Sythys Active Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Many moons ago, there was a game called "Free Willi" on flash. You might still find it in cyberspace somewhere. This is very reminiscent of that game. I played Willi for Hours grabbing "cabbages" and not getting crushed by stones. I am really thrilled to find this. Not because of reliving days past, but because it's on my phone. I may double dip to get it for my iPad also.

Great job, guys!

5. bigmonkeynads

bigmonkeynads Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Won't start new game on IPhone 6 IOS 8. Boooooooooo

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #46 metalcasket, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    No issues on an iPhone 6 with 9.2, just in case anyone was wondering.

EDIT: Ooh, couple of things. Firstly, I LOVE how the app is named Cap'n Cowboy on our devices, rather than a bunch of ugly ellipses showing up. Awesome attention to detail. :) Secondly, it's worth noting that the game doesn't respect the iPhone's mute switch. Could something be done about this?

7. EZ Ice

EZ Ice Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Apps
    Tropical Island Pirate Hangout
    Got it, like the visuals, not diggin the conttrols and really hating that the boulders can fall sideways randomly.

8. funem

funem Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Hmm don't know if to get this on iOS or Android... Looks good and have been waiting for a good balderdash type game.

9. Bob Nimbe

Bob Nimbe Active Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Founder of Wadonk. Lead Singer in Maskinpop
    Vislanda, Sweden
    The physics is based on the presence of support. A Boulder is round and can't stand by itself ontop of another Boulder thus will fall over to the side if space is available.

About the Mute-button, I'll look into that. I do have an onscreen MUTE-button in 1.2, if you want to listen to other stuff while playing. But there should be something fancy to catch if the user turn of the actual mute button as well. :)

However, this iOS 8 seem to be an issue.
    I can only guarantee support for it to run with the latest version of any operating system on any available device since I can't really backroll the OS on my own device. But I'll look into that as well. It does work on iOS 7 for the iPhone4 so it seems strange.

Now it's morning here in Sweden and it's time to run and buy some milk for the coffee. Hurray!

10. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Looooove this trailer! Great job.

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #51 metalcasket, Jan 13, 2016
    Haha, while Quantum Sheep is TouchArcade's resident tea developer, I could totally imagine you being the coffee developer. Enjoy it. :)

Oh, and of course thanks for looking into the mute issue.

12. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I love this so far. It's going to be even more fantastic once the next update hits for universal support.

13. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Bought! Now I have the trailer music in my head :)

14. mattohara

mattohara Member

May 9, 2015
    thanks TA! way to go. nice work finding another gem. nice work bob! I'm going to go make a pot of coffee and shovel some snow.

15. Nergal

Nergal Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2014
    I agree the trailer is great and the game looks good too. But I need some more feedback on the actual game before I plunk down my cash. I might crack before it happens, but I'm hoping some gracious TA'ers will leave more imps on this game.

16. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Well I'm loving it. I've played for a couple of hours (conservative estimate), visited maybe 30% of the map and collected just over 600 gems. I love the fact that I keep discovering new ways to get around the map and new ways to interact with things around me.

My only problem is that I've managed to block off one end of a passageway I was in and only discovered four screens later that the passageway is ultimately a dead end! It seems that my only option is to start again from the beginning. :(

17. illmidus

illmidus Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Hi, I'm Fredrik, level designer on Captain Cowboy.

mr_bez: There are two solutions to your problem of being stuck!

1. Always carry a Snorkhog! Yes, that's right. They're not dangerous. :)
    2. In the upcoming version 1.2, you'll be able to "Re-enter" the maze without losing your progress.

18. Bob Nimbe

Bob Nimbe Active Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Founder of Wadonk. Lead Singer in Maskinpop
    Vislanda, Sweden
    #58 Bob Nimbe, Jan 13, 2016
    I've heard some people collecting them in the prison cages at the space station since it's accessible from almost all the busstops!

19. pannon

pannon New Member

Nov 12, 2015
    For this statament only I have to buy this game now!

20. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Thanks. I was going to suggest a Re-enter button! I had discovered the Snorkhog trick, but I assume you can only carry one and I'd already used mine.

They seem to be quite rare in the wild and there seems to be a disproportionate number in the cells. Is that some sort of social commentary?! :)