iPad Captain Carrot IP - New iPod Game

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NewArtVision, Sep 20, 2010.

1. NewArtVision

NewArtVision Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Website Programmer
    Utah
    Hello Touch Arcade Readers,

Bret Nybo here, developer of a new iPod app just released called Captain Carrot IP. It is an arcade style game that includes a fun little twist on pinball. That's right ... it plays like pinball but has lots of bonuses, including tilt action and directional shooting. I've included a few screen grabs, a detailed description and a link below for you to check out:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Description
    Plays like pinball … with a twist. Your mission is to navigate the captain through a myriad of levels and obstacles, at the same time competing with players all over the globe for high score. Using a combination of tilt action and directional shooting, you must ward off waves of killer ants, bees, T-Rex’s and more while the captain racks up points by running into rocks, trees, bumpers, bushes and other surprises along the way.

FEATURES:
    - bushes, rocks, tires, bumpers and more surprises for the captain to strike while gaining points
    - killer ants, bees, t-rex’s and more surprises for the captain to shoot
    - shields, presents, smiley faces and carrots that translate into bonuses for the captain to use
    - local and global leaderboard powered by agon
    - submit score and notify friends via Facebook & Twitter

How to play:
    Tilt to move the captain toward bumpers and bonuses while shooting enemies with directional carrot shooter

Click here to visit the official iTunes page.

I hope you enjoy the game. Check it out and lemme' know what you think!

Cheers -

Bret Nybo
    New Art & Vision Games

2. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Gameplay video? This is also out for the iPad, correct?

3. geb

geb Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2008
    I'd change the name to avoid trademark infringement with DC Comics - especially if you are announcing this as a new " intellectual property". Just my two cents.

4. NewArtVision

NewArtVision Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Website Programmer
    Utah
    #4 NewArtVision, Sep 20, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
    Gameplay video will be out soon. Yes ... there is an HD version for iPad.

Thank you for your feedback on the name, geb.

5. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    i'd also worry about terry pratchett sueing seeing as he has had a captain carrot for the last few years too

6. NewArtVision

NewArtVision Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Website Programmer
    Utah
    I'm very glad I posted here. I am definitely going to work with iTunes and post a new name for the app. THANK YOU for your valuabe feedback. Once it's ready ... I'll repost an update here ... along with a link to the gameplay video. You guys are great!